Repricing a cruise before final payment

563toM

I have a cruise booked for April 2025 and have repriced it a few times when the price has lowered.  In the category, Ocean View, there are two categories 01 and 02.  I asked my TA if I can continue to reprice the cruise if the category I have purchased 01 is sold out ?  He told me no that the ship has to have a room open to reflect the price in order to reprice.  

Is this correct as I would think Celebrity would still show a price for each category at each level ?  Thanks for your input.

As others advised.   There must be at least one cabin available in order to price match.   Check on a daily basis in case one opens... if possible you can also put it on a 24 hour hold.

In addition

If you happen the use the 1 category Captains Club upgrade for example a A1 for A2 price there has to be a cabin available in both categories 1) at the time of bookings and 2) to get a price reduction.

For example if I book the A1 for A2 price and A2 prices drop (the rate which I paid) but there are no A1 cabins available at that time you can't reprice.

This didn't make complete sense to me at the time so I thought I'd mention it.