Mold in Carnival Panorama room

Posted (edited)

I for one am thankful that Carnival is doing their part in strengthening my immune system by exposing me to dangerous mold. Just enough to sting, not enough to maim! That's the Carnival way.

If the rest of you would stop worrying about things like respiratory arrest (that happens on every cruise line by the way! Not just Carnival!) then you'd be able to enjoy your cruise on Carnival!

As I always say - at least I don't have to cook and clean! Although in this case perhaps we should be cleaning! But hey, any day in the infirmary on a Carnival ship is better than a day in the office! 

Edited by mz-s
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hw much does it cost for that bubble when you travel?

The wipes and spray are probably less then $10. The air purifier was $40 but it has lasted me about three years so far. I can get you the name of it if you are interested. 

😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Lol, Commercial kitchens tend to be incredibly sanitary. Last carnival cruise I ot kitchen tour, and it was great.

Having worked in one, and in visiting several other, this definitely isn't the norm.  I'm sure some kitchens competing for a star are doing The Bear level cleaning, but there are many more that aren't.  Just like there is an acceptable amount of bugs allowed in your chocolate, there is an acceptable amount of sanitation in a commercial kitchen.

2 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

The wipes and spray are probably less then $10. The air purifier was $40 but it has lasted me about three years so far. I can get you the name of it if you are interested. 

😂

As long as it makes you feel better.   Placebo benefits have worth.  Better cruising that way than not at all.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I know it sounds probably ridiculous but I would post that picture to John Heald's facebook page.

There is NO denying that that is a bad mold problem and the fact that GS gave you the runaround for so long is deplorable.

I was going to give them time to respond to my complaint. If they don't or they don't provide an adequate response, then I plan to put this everywhere. I do plan to contact the CDC as there is no way I can tell if this is something super serious like aspirgillum or legionella. Someone could die. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2024 at 4:20 PM, sgttami said:

Me too.  I don't put anything under a bed. Ever!

It's where the bogeyman and monsters live....LOL  Guess the mold lives there too!

Nah they moved out because of the mold!😁

On 8/12/2024 at 2:31 PM, pe4all said:

Forgot to say in my previous post that we put our luggage in giant black garbage bags before we slide it under the bed.  That was mostly to avoid critters hitch-hiking in our luggage.  However, still will look as I don't even want to touch mold on the bag if it is there.

If you think about all the places luggage goes (especially if you check it for flights or cruises) who knows what kind of disgusting things it potentially comes in contact with, it probably rivals the bottom of shoes you wear out in public as the nastiest thing in your room. Unless a quick glance under the bed proves otherwise, I doubt it will be the worst place your luggage contacts.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nc762shooter said:

Nah they moved out because of the mold!😁

If you think about all the places luggage goes (especially if you check it for flights or cruises) who knows what kind of disgusting things it potentially comes in contact with, it probably rivals the bottom of shoes you wear out in public as the nastiest thing in your room. Unless a quick glance under the bed proves otherwise, I doubt it will be the worst place your luggage contacts.  

Very true.  But at least I can make an attempt to "protect" our health as much as possible. 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pe4all said:

Very true.  But at least I can make an attempt to "protect" our health as much as possible. 😀

Back when our luggage wasn't overly waterproof my wife and I would pack everything in a couple garbage bags inside our suitcases after an experience as a teen where my duffel bag was delivered to the room and apparently someone had a bottle of red wine or something break and leak on/into my bag and stain a couple shirts. Even now I still usually stash a few in a bag when we travel along with a bit of duct tape, amazing how useful those two things can be if you need to keep wet/nasty clothes separate or if a zipper or closure breaks on a suitcase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

It's never occurred to me to put under bed, I usually put it either in closet or on balcony. After this thread, Wil continue this.

Never would have thought about using the balcony, hope your stuff is reasonably water resistant!😁

• Haha 1

An update. Guest services has offered $100 onboard credit and $100 off my next cruise. They also refused to tell me if the mold issue has been handled or any other information about the mold. I do not think this is fair compensation and told them this but they stated that is their final offer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/12/2024 at 2:20 PM, sgttami said:

Me too.  I don't put anything under a bed. Ever!

It's where the bogeyman and monsters live....LOL  Guess the mold lives there too!

Me too, but given this thread, I'm going to wipe down inside of closet when I wipe down other surfaces just in case.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, DeniseTr said:

Submit a complaint to the health department in the county of their home-port. Might not do anything, but they might have ideas of where to go with it.

Not sure if Los Angeles County would have legal authority to address this, but the CDC does via the Vessel Sanitation Program:

https://www.cdc.gov/vessel-sanitation/about/index.html#cdc_health_safety_special_topic_research-contact-us

• Thanks 1