Celebration Cay

prices are thru the roof for excursions there.  All inclusive in their "private resort area" (Pearl COve Beach Club) is &179.99 pp.  The Viva Club Fortuna all inclusive is $129.99 pp  Doest take a rocket scientist to figure that one out...

4 hours ago, bafinegan said:

prices are thru the roof for excursions there.  All inclusive in their "private resort area" (Pearl COve Beach Club) is &179.99 pp.  The Viva Club Fortuna all inclusive is $129.99 pp  Doest take a rocket scientist to figure that one out...

Cabanas at RCL Hideaway Beach can run over $2K. Now that's a Perfect Day for Royal.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Cabanas at RCL Hideaway Beach can run over $2K. Now that's a Perfect Day for Royal.

The basic 4 person cabana are running $599.99 and does not include any extras,  the "large" cabana for 6 is $899.99 and includes water/soda/snacks/delivery of the free lunch.  The super villa for 10 is $1799.99 and includes water/soda /snacks/delivery of the free lunch.  NONE includes any alcoholic beverages.  I still think that is waaay over priced.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

If no one pays them, they will go down.

While I agree with this 100%, I don't think it will be the case. There will still be people who pay those prices. They are similar prices to CocoCay prices and I have only seen those prices go up. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

While I agree with this 100%, I don't think it will be the case. There will still be people who pay those prices. They are similar prices to CocoCay prices and I have only seen those prices go up. 

Carnival should charge as much as customers are willing to pay.  It's their fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.  And I say that as someone who is not a shareholder, but as a person who likes cruising on Carnival and wants them to be financially successful so they stay in business.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Carnival should charge as much as customers are willing to pay.  It's their fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.  And I say that as someone who is not a shareholder, but as a person who likes cruising on Carnival and wants them to be financially successful so they stay in business.

I agree with you. As a shareholder, I like them making money. As a customer, I would never pay those prices. I know there are people that will though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aborgman said:

What We Know About Carnival’s Celebration Key... It isn't a Key.

I think a key and cay are pretty much the same thing, Bahamians agree and so does Google: ("either word means: “a tiny, low-lying sandy island or reef.” While the U.S. mainland prefers to designate these areas as “keys,” the term “cay” is mainly used in the Caribbean, thanks to Spanish explorers and settlers who used the term."). 

I can't remember the live video streamers who kept pronouncing it Half Moon Kee on their live feed, but it inspired me to ask the locals how they pronounce it.  To my surprise, they said it doesn't matter which spelling you use, they are both pronounced "kee".  They all agreed Half Moon Cay is pronounced Half Moon Kee and that if it was spelled Half Moon Key it would also be pronounced Half Moon Kee.  This is also supported by by Google: "The Bahamas are composed of a series of islands—or cays/keys. Although spelled differently, the Bahamian “cay” is pronounced exactly the same as the Florida “Key.” Keeeeee."

I hope I'm not the only one who was surprised to learn this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I think a key and cay are pretty much the same thing, Bahamians agree and so does Google: ("either word means: “a tiny, low-lying sandy island or reef.” While the U.S. mainland prefers to designate these areas as “keys,” the term “cay” is mainly used in the Caribbean, thanks to Spanish explorers and settlers who used the term."). 

I can't remember the live video streamers who kept pronouncing it Half Moon Kee on their live feed, but it inspired me to ask the locals how they pronounce it.  To my surprise, they said it doesn't matter which spelling you use, they are both pronounced "kee".  They all agreed Half Moon Cay is pronounced Half Moon Kee and that if it was spelled Half Moon Key it would also be pronounced Half Moon Kee.  This is also supported by by Google: "The Bahamas are composed of a series of islands—or cays/keys. Although spelled differently, the Bahamian “cay” is pronounced exactly the same as the Florida “Key.” Keeeeee."

I hope I'm not the only one who was surprised to learn this.

🙋‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2024 at 4:51 AM, bafinegan said:

The basic 4 person cabana are running $599.99 and does not include any extras,  the "large" cabana for 6 is $899.99 and includes water/soda/snacks/delivery of the free lunch.  The super villa for 10 is $1799.99 and includes water/soda /snacks/delivery of the free lunch.  NONE includes any alcoholic beverages.  I still think that is waaay over priced.

Wow!  Those prices are obscene!  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  

• Like 2

All I need is a lounger and shade.  Maybe a drink.  If it’s not evident this is available, I will not be getting off the ship.  I don’t mind paying for it, but let’s just be reasonable.  We bought cabanas at HMC for the two of us but now that’s out of reach. 

On Royal last year, we stopped at Perfect Day blah, blah, blah.  Since it wasn’t clear that there was somewhere to sit in the shade, we stayed on the ship.  Maybe there was. Maybe there wasn’t.  It was not worth me hoofing it off the ship to find out. 

My days of laying in the sun are long gone so I really wish they’d plant shade trees on the beaches. HMC has no shade unless you walk way down the beach which I am not able to do.  

Umbrellas are pretty worthless as  some vendors have the loungers chained up so you can’t move them around based on the sun’s movement.  I’m half in the sun anyway.  

Sorry for ranting. 😞

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Does this mean it won't be free if you just want a lounger?

Loungers are free except in the Pearl area (Private area) which is 100/pp for access and the prices go up from there if you want to include 10 drinks or 10drinks and food from the restaurant.

2 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Loungers are free except in the Pearl area (Private area) which is 100/pp for access and the prices go up from there if you want to include 10 drinks or 10drinks and food from the restaurant.

Are umbrellas included or additional? Thx!

21 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are umbrellas included or additional? Thx!

We are booked there for next November in a Cabana at the pool in the 18+ area, It looked like most of the loungers had unbrella's and when deciding what to book I did not see any charges for an unbrella but who knows by then

• Thanks 1