Anyone had any success in upgrading to the New Enhanced Premier from the Current Premier ?

Hello, lots of discussion on here re the value. I wont get into that. I'm more curious to see if anyone has been successful in actually upgrading from a previously purchased package to this one.

I've had zero luck, been told on two tries now that i cant actually purchase it until Aug 31 ( the day my ship is activated). This is contrary to their Press release, as well as the website. A dummy booking on my sailing allows me to purchase the package today, but the Customer Service Reps still say not possible to upgrade. I just want to give this corporation some more money, but they don't seem to want it lol.

Anyone actually succeed in upgrading?

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

The "Upgrade" button now appears on the App if you already have Premier whereas that was not there yesterday.  But it is inoperative for now.  On the other thread a poster reports having a positive call with Princess today where it seems to be confirmed that upgrading will commence soon but they are still working on a tech issue.  But at least we are no longer getting the "Wait until roll-out" nonsense.  Upgrading will probably begin later today or tomorrow.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

I may be in the minority, but I'm getting really tired of purchasing a product only to have it change terms after purchase.  It seems to be happening every year.  I have no interest in chasing the tail of the dog.

I hope you are able to upgrade.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

I'm getting really tired of purchasing a product only to have it change terms after purchase.

But you aren't getting anything less than you paid for if you decide not to upgrade.  As long as they aren't revoking any of the terms that you were expecting, what difference does it make?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

But you aren't getting anything less than you paid for if you decide not to upgrade.  As long as they aren't revoking any of the terms that you were expecting, what difference does it make?

When they changed the package last time, we weren't able to eat at Alfredo's as a "free" venue unless we purchased the upgrade.  So yes, we did get less than we originally paid for.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CATGUY7 said:

When they changed the package last time, we weren't able to eat at Alfredo's as a "free" venue unless we purchased the upgrade.  So yes, we did get less than we originally paid for.

Yes, I do seem to recall that it would cost $10 per day extra for that, but it is a bit tricky as Alfredo's was not part of any package before it became a paid venue. It was free to everyone.  So technically, there was no change to the package since that perk wasn't already a part of it.   But this time around, there is no corresponding change along those lines.  "More" is offered, but nothing is being taken away. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

Well third times ( almost ) a charm :).

On my third attempt i didn't get a flat out "No", but got an " I'm so sorry we are having system issues right now upgrading, and we will call you back once we are straightened out "

Ill take this as a small step in the right direction lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes, I do seem to recall that it would cost $10 per day extra for that, but it is a bit tricky as Alfredo's was not part of any package before it became a paid venue. It was free to everyone.  So technically, there was no change to the package since that perk wasn't already a part of it.   But this time around, there is no corresponding change along those lines.  "More" is offered, but nothing is being taken away. 

Would you consider having to pay the one-time room service delivery charge without upgrading to the previous "new" level a change that affected the package in a negative way?  It wasn't much, but I did.

I know I'm talking about changes made a year ago, but my point is that they keep changing the packages after purchase, and it's tiresome having to keep up with the changes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CATGUY7 said:

Would you consider having to pay the one-time room service delivery charge without upgrading to the previous "new" level a change that affected the package in a negative way? 

No, because free delivery was never part of the package.  Everyone got it for free, and now everyone has to pay.  Unless you get a package that includes it.  "Old Plus" did not include it, so in order to get it for free, one had to get "New Plus".  It's pretty simple.  If I paid $50 for "Old Plus", I received all of the perks of Old Plus, and those perks did not include free delivery.  The basic fare did.  After the change, the basic fare did not include free delivery, so THAT is where the problem lies.  The people who had a basis to complain were the people who had already booked a cruise at an agree-upon fare with the expectation that they would receive free delivery--and that is EVERYONE, not "Old Plus" guests.  Princess should have grandfathered everyone into free delivery because everyone had paid for that feature.  The Plus Package had nothing to do with it. 

• Like 2

Fruit for thought, but just consider that "Unlimited dining in the various venues will be dependent on one's ability to get a reservation!  Any reservation!  Good luck with that.   Buying a benefit that may well turn out to be unusable will cause many to be quite angry.

Hank

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

CVP was able to upgrade us from Plus to the new Premier today.  She was excited because it was the first time she was able to actually upgrade anyone.  It was for Sky Princess, which has one of the earlier rollout dates.  After being upgraded, we tried to book SD and our credit card was charged 🙄.  

• Thanks 1

I called in to princess and was able to upgrade. However, when I went to book SD restaurants (for which there was good availability for the Sun transatlantic) it still wanted a credit card.  I paid and my TA contacted Princess and they said "call in a few days and they will reverse the charges" to my cc - we'll wait and see.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Proudwings said:

I called in to princess and was able to upgrade. However, when I went to book SD restaurants (for which there was good availability for the Sun transatlantic) it still wanted a credit card.  I paid and my TA contacted Princess and they said "call in a few days and they will reverse the charges" to my cc - we'll wait and see.

Likely will turn out to be hogwash!   What happened to us, in the past, was we had to pay (via credit card) for any dinner reservation made prior to embarkation.  Once aboard, you have the wonderful privilege of being able to wait in a queue at Guest Relations to ask to have the charge reversed and a credit issues.  Assuming you get a helpful Guest Relations person, the credit will be applied to your onboard account and should be categorized as "refundable onboard credit."  Unless the OBC, at the end of a cruise is only a few dollars, a refund will be sent (in the form of a check) to your address, a few weeks after your cruise.

When we have called Princess, the customer service folks will talk about reversing the charge, before the cruise, but our own experience is that its all talk and no action.  Perhaps others have had better luck.

By the way, we are still in the process of getting our $400 of remaining on board credit from our December 2023 Sky Princess cruise!  Apparently, the Princess contractor did send us a check, but it has disappeared in the wind and was later cancelled by the Princess contractor.  Just yesterday, 8 months after we returned from that cruise, Princess telephones us and said they are cutting "another check" next week.  I think the term "patience" applies.

Hank

• Like 4

I asked my TA yesterday to do the upgrade for a cruise in summer 2025.  His reply:

Princess Cruises does not yet have the information loaded to make the change in this case.  I was asked by #### of the Princess Cruises' Reservations Management Team to follow up at the end of next week  (ref: Prem2Prem - Bk ##### - Case #####).  I have a note in my calendar to try again next Friday.

So the upgrade system is not fully installed yet.

--Marne

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'm leaving as is and will deal with OBC and guest services.  No way I'm giving someone the chance to screw up our reservation

Same!

I got a pop up this am when I logged in saying I was upgraded to sanctuary, private restaurant & lounge.  Do not expect lounge access- so many glitches and more to come.

51 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Likely will turn out to be hogwash!   What happened to us, in the past, was we had to pay (via credit card) for any dinner reservation made prior to embarkation.  Once aboard, you have the wonderful privilege of being able to wait in a queue at Guest Relations to ask to have the charge reversed and a credit issues.  Assuming you get a helpful Guest Relations person, the credit will be applied to your onboard account and should be categorized as "refundable onboard credit."  Unless the OBC, at the end of a cruise is only a few dollars, a refund will be sent (in the form of a check) to your address, a few weeks after your cruise.

When we have called Princess, the customer service folks will talk about reversing the charge, before the cruise, but our own experience is that its all talk and no action.  Perhaps others have had better luck.

By the way, we are still in the process of getting our $400 of remaining on board credit from our December 2023 Sky Princess cruise!  Apparently, the Princess contractor did send us a check, but it has disappeared in the wind and was later cancelled by the Princess contractor.  Just yesterday, 8 months after we returned from that cruise, Princess telephones us and said they are cutting "another check" next week.  I think the term "patience" applies.

Hank

This has been our experience as well, however, we received no OBC.

I was on Chat yesterday & they said to go to guest services once onboard & they will make the upgrade. I’m skeptical of waiting to do that. 

Tom🤔

4 hours ago, grimace95120 said:

hello all, so on my fourth try, i have been able to upgrade. My booking has been updated , and i was able to book the specialty restaurants without a charge...

When is your cruise?

On 8/17/2024 at 11:58 PM, haven001 said:

I was able to upgrade through the chat for two bookings today, but can’t book specialty dining without paying up front.

Does your app/cruise personalizer show the new package and details?