The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 18th, 2024

richwmn

Good morning all!

It's a quiet morning here (the kittens went home last night with DD) but last night was anything but quiet.  OH my what a thunderstorm!  Both DH and I agreed we don't remember ever having a thunderstorm like that before.  Non-stop thunder and lightening.  The good thing is we got some rain, but it kept me awake until around 2am so I'm dragging today.  We kept power, I'm sorry to hear that @HAL4NOW is without power.

I'll celebrate birth control pills and delivery riders, but pass on the Pinot Noir.  Also will pass on the drink, red wine and the meal (only because spicy doesn't agree with me).  The quote is good, but I never was a fan of Frank Sinatra...

We were in Lima in 2015, we flew there and got a hotel in Miraflores.  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser could we have been there the same time?  We were there in late March-early April but sailed on the old Statendam.  We spent time the day after flying in walking around, and a lot of time at a park where there were countless cats (all healthy looking and food bowls were out for them).  

My photos would be just like those already posted.  We took a ship tour and saw an excellent horse show and drank Pisco Sours. 😄

Today will be spent putting the house back together, washing the couch covers, and vacuuming.   Last night DD and DSIL took us to dinner, it was nice to have some time with them.  

Happy Birthday @Mr. Boston!  

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Congratulations on the good number of showings- not surprising for such a lovely place. I bet you and Ivan are happy to get them behind you.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Packing & settling of memories is not easy and doesn't need the complications of a delay. Your struggles have been real.

Of course, closing & date of possession can be negotiated and I'm sure your agent will do their best for you without losing the sale. Have you considered a lease back? That's usually the perfect solution for your situation. It allows you to close but gets you a little extra time to move to the other place w/out the hassle of temporary numbers, services, etc. Might be worth asking.

Apologies if I over stepped.

🙏 and 🫂 🤗 for you and Ivan.

Thanks for the kind words.    Ivan and I will both be very happy when it is over with today.  3 more to go (but who’s counting).  Ivan is starting to revolt and I can’t blame him.

Lease back won’t help me but thanks.  I already wrote a very significant cheque for my September rent  don’t want to pay rent here too.  There’s no need as long as things can be worked out.  Just ticked abou the turn of events from this stupid son who is costing his parents money keeping the apartment when there’s no need.  

Why would anyone bring a dog to a showing and leave it in their car?  GRRR. As Ivan foden’t have enough challenges.  Sheesh.

I am a real grumpy Gus today.  LOL.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks.  I hadn’t thought of the rush to move.  I makes sense.    Hopefully you are right 🤞 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Hi everyone. Thanks for checking on me. I am still planning to go on this cruise unless a worst case happening. Family made me promise so I will try to keep my promise. 
It is just a waiting game now and they said I could wait as well on a cruise. There is nothing else I can do. 

Linda, I hope you go on the cruise.  At least, you would be having fun while waiting.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is at work Monday and Tuesday so she has set the table in our Summer house for Sarah and her boyfriend coming to ours on Wednesday.

IMG_20240817_194521.jpg

IMG_20240817_194507.jpg

Very elegant, Graham.  I'm sure Sarah and her boyfriend will enjoy the dinner.

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  A little groggy today for good reason!  Thanks for the daily report and the recipes and lists.  The wedding yesterday was really beautiful, the wedding ceremony was at the basilica in Minneapolis and the reception was at the Landmark Center in St. Paul. A great time was had by all!  I’ll try and attach a photo of our table.

Thank you so much for all the nice birthday wishes!  A fun fact is that both the mother of the groom and I share the same exact birthday being born in 1961!  We’ve never spent it together until today.  I hope cake is in the near future.

I’ll celebrate Pino Noir today, we’ve been aquatinting ourselves with them ever since our niece and her family moved to the Willamette  alley several years ago.

I think the quote is funny.

Both the meal and drink suggestions sound delicious.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  
IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.9acb39433e775bccdc434f41c92b34e9.jpegIMG_7165.thumb.jpeg.d25912c3947d4667dc99a18c56456d61.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures.  Hope you you get some cake today.

41 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a quiet morning here (the kittens went home last night with DD) but last night was anything but quiet.  OH my what a thunderstorm!  Both DH and I agreed we don't remember ever having a thunderstorm like that before.  Non-stop thunder and lightening.  The good thing is we got some rain, but it kept me awake until around 2am so I'm dragging today.  We kept power, I'm sorry to hear that @HAL4NOW is without power.

I'll celebrate birth control pills and delivery riders, but pass on the Pinot Noir.  Also will pass on the drink, red wine and the meal (only because spicy doesn't agree with me).  The quote is good, but I never was a fan of Frank Sinatra...

We were in Lima in 2015, we flew there and got a hotel in Miraflores.  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser could we have been there the same time?  We were there in late March-early April but sailed on the old Statendam.  We spent time the day after flying in walking around, and a lot of time at a park where there were countless cats (all healthy looking and food bowls were out for them).  

My photos would be just like those already posted.  We took a ship tour and saw an excellent horse show and drank Pisco Sours. 😄

Today will be spent putting the house back together, washing the couch covers, and vacuuming.   Last night DD and DSIL took us to dinner, it was nice to have some time with them.  

Happy Birthday @Mr. Boston!  

Carolyn, that was another near miss meeting.  We were in Miraflores on March 9 that year.

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the kind words.    Ivan and I will both be very happy when it is over with today.  3 more to go (but who’s counting).  Ivan is starting to revolt and I can’t blame him.

Lease back won’t help me but thanks.  I already wrote a very significant cheque for my September rent  don’t want to pay rent here too.  There’s no need as long as things can be worked out.  Just ticked abou the turn of events from this stupid son who is costing his parents money keeping the apartment when there’s no need.  

Why would anyone bring a dog to a showing and leave it in their car?  GRRR. As Ivan foden’t have enough challenges.  Sheesh.

I am a real grumpy Gus today.  LOL.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks.  I hadn’t thought of the rush to move.  I makes sense.    Hopefully you are right 🤞 

Jacqui, I hope I'm right too.  I know there's a lot of paperwork and financial stuff before ownership changes.  Plus, there's time needed to change the names with the utility companies, and get on a movers schedule.  Just wondering if the place you're moving to, could pack up their belongs and put them in storage since the son has not kept his word.  If your lease begins September 1, that would give them an excuse to get the apartment ready on time.  If not, I hope they pro-rate the first months rent.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I hope I'm right too.  I know there's a lot of paperwork and financial stuff before ownership changes.  Plus, there's time needed to change the names with the utility companies, and get on a movers schedule.  Just wondering if the place you're moving to, could pack up their belongs and put them in storage since the son has not kept his word.  If your lease begins September 1, that would give them an excuse to get the apartment ready on time.  If not, I hope they pro-rate the first months rent.

Lenda

Sadly, there is more to the issue than just getting the stuff out.  the apartment has to deep cleaned, sanitized, pained, carpets replaced, etc.

I told her I would discuss with her after I see the Offerson Monday.

If I have to move to the other apartment, they will pay to move me but that’s not something I am keen on.  I will be discussin a deal of some sort, never fear.  I signed the lease on the understanding I could move in any time after Aug. 27th.  

Movers are a piece of cake and I am considered “easy peasy”.  Might be a different story for someone else. Though.

Thanks - you have great ideas 🙂 

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sadly, there is more to the issue than just getting the stuff out.  the apartment has to deep cleaned, sanitized, pained, carpets replaced, etc.

I told her I would discuss with her after I see the Offerson Monday.

If I have to move to the other apartment, they will pay to move me but that’s not something I am keen on.  I will be discussin a deal of some sort, never fear.  I signed the lease on the understanding I could move in any time after Aug. 27th.  

Movers are a piece of cake and I am considered “easy peasy”.  Might be a different story for someone else. Though.

Thanks - you have great ideas 🙂 

I was thinking that if they could pack up and clear out the apartment, they could proceed with the cleaning, sanitizing, painting, etc.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days to recognize. Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Lima. 2 important days in history.

It's partly sunny and 75F. Tomorrow will feel like fall, with a high of 69F! It's not a good day for me. Last night as I rolled onto my right side in bed, I had a sensation of bad spinning. So this morning I decided to start the vertigo exercises again, which initially brought back the spinning, and also some nausea (which I'm still experiencing). And my eye has decided to flare up. The new RA med is supposed to help both the joints and the eye, but I'm not sure it's doing as much for the eye. Since I have the same side effects as the old RA med, I'll have to see in a few months whether to stay on this one or go back to the old one, which did help my eyes. Sigh. So I may just take it easy today.

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday! I'm glad the wedding was beautiful. Great photos of you two and the lovely reception.

@grapau27 Nice photo of your church. Pauline sets a lovely table.

@StLouisCruisers My cruise is Sept 30th, but we'll leave a couple of days before to drive to Boston. Great photos from Lima.

@kazu Your house and gardens are beautiful. I'm sure you're glad today is the last day of showings; wow on how many there were. I hope you get an acceptable offer and have some flexibility on when you would have to vacate. I'd think all the paperwork that buying a house entails would give you some time. I hope you won't have to do 2 moves.

@cunnorl Sorry the hurricane is changing your itinerary. That's odd about the 2 times for the Mariner's lunch. 

@smitty34877 You deserve to have a respite!

@ottahand7 Nice photos from Lima. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos from Miraflores.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry you're having internet trouble, but glad you could post today. I hope you can get your internet provider to fix things.

@atexsix Enjoy the time with DM.

@lindaler I do hope you get to go on your cruise.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I was thinking that if they could pack up and clear out the apartment, they could proceed with the cleaning, sanitizing, painting, etc.

Lenda

Ahh got it, Lenda.  I don’t think they are allowed to touch it since the rent is paid - that is the parents have paid it.    The son from another province was pretty adamant.  I will talk to her once I have been presented with the offers, though.  After all, he’s the one who broke his word.  Thanks again.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Ahh got it, Lenda.  I don’t think they are allowed to touch it since the rent is paid - that is the parents have paid it.    The son from another province was pretty adamant.  I will talk to her once I have been presented with the offers, though.  After all, he’s the one who broke his word.  Thanks again.

🤞

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  A little groggy today for good reason!  Thanks for the daily report and the recipes and lists.  The wedding yesterday was really beautiful, the wedding ceremony was at the basilica in Minneapolis and the reception was at the Landmark Center in St. Paul. A great time was had by all!  I’ll try and attach a photo of our table.

Thank you so much for all the nice birthday wishes!  A fun fact is that both the mother of the groom and I share the same exact birthday being born in 1961!  We’ve never spent it together until today.  I hope cake is in the near future.

I’ll celebrate Pino Noir today, we’ve been aquatinting ourselves with them ever since our niece and her family moved to the Willamette  alley several years ago.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  
IMG_7039.thumb.jpeg.9acb39433e775bccdc434f41c92b34e9.jpegIMG_7165.thumb.jpeg.d25912c3947d4667dc99a18c56456d61.jpeg

Happy Birthday @Mr. Boston!!  You and your DH look so handsome dressed in your tuxedos!  Wow on the wedding reception. Those flower arrangements are gorgeous. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Birthday @Mr. Boston!!  You and your DH look so handsome dressed in your tuxedos!  Wow on the wedding reception. Those flower arrangements are gorgeous. 

I couldn't express it any better than Sharon. Very handsome and the flowers!!! Wow!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Sunday from a humid Tucson. I can hear a mixture of sounds from quail and chickens right now. The chickens are behind us to the east by one house and thank goodness they don’t have a rooster. I’ve sort of gotten used to listening to them but I hate the look of the coop, it’s made of plywood and not painted. The quail run across the back fence which is slump block. I always worry if the babies get lost while mom and dad run around. It’s happened before and we tried to reunite them but not sure if they did. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I also got email about the Effy cruise like Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserdid but since I wasn’t interested didn’t really check it out to know what was involved. 

Good collection of days. I’ve started drinking a little bit of Pinot Noir on BHB’s. Pass on the drink and wine. I like chicken salad once in a while. Yesterday I made the BBQ chicken with peach preserves and it was really good and a nice change. Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I’ve smoked a whole chicken and they come out really good and juicy. It’s my preferred way to cook a whole chicken now. The leftovers are delicious too. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

Good afternoon Dailyites 

Here I am, late again. I'm a wreck!

@lindaler hoping we see you on the Westerdam soon. There's still 2 weeks and hopeful the emergency gets better. 

Graham,  you have a lovely home. The table looks very nice.

@kazu Jacqui all will be well. So many people can be flexible with move in dates. I'm sure whoever gets your home will be willing to work things out. 

@JazzyV darn it on your spinning! I wish it gets better ASAP. 

Thank you F and B ladies for your dedication to the Daily. Thank you Vanessa for cares and celebration. 

A huge Thank you to Rich @richwmn great new format. I really, really enjoy it!

Prayers lifted to each of you on our care list. I'm praying for my dear sis on her surgery Tuesday. I wish I were there with her, but she insists her daughters and friends have everything under control and to get my butt on the ship..

We got our 3rd offer to upgrade from our Signature suite into a Neptune, only $3400 per person more. No thank you. I'm happy where we are.. and I'll use the money on lobsters. Lots of lobsters..

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

3 good days to recognize. Interesting quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Lima. 2 important days in history.

It's partly sunny and 75F. Tomorrow will feel like fall, with a high of 69F! It's not a good day for me. Last night as I rolled onto my right side in bed, I had a sensation of bad spinning. So this morning I decided to start the vertigo exercises again, which initially brought back the spinning, and also some nausea (which I'm still experiencing). And my eye has decided to flare up. The new RA med is supposed to help both the joints and the eye, but I'm not sure it's doing as much for the eye. Since I have the same side effects as the old RA med, I'll have to see in a few months whether to stay on this one or go back to the old one, which did help my eyes. Sigh. So I may just take it easy today.

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday! I'm glad the wedding was beautiful. Great photos of you two and the lovely reception.

@grapau27 Nice photo of your church. Pauline sets a lovely table.

@StLouisCruisers My cruise is Sept 30th, but we'll leave a couple of days before to drive to Boston. Great photos from Lima.

@kazu Your house and gardens are beautiful. I'm sure you're glad today is the last day of showings; wow on how many there were. I hope you get an acceptable offer and have some flexibility on when you would have to vacate. I'd think all the paperwork that buying a house entails would give you some time. I hope you won't have to do 2 moves.

@cunnorl Sorry the hurricane is changing your itinerary. That's odd about the 2 times for the Mariner's lunch. 

@smitty34877 You deserve to have a respite!

@ottahand7 Nice photos from Lima. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos from Miraflores.

@Cruzin Terri Sorry you're having internet trouble, but glad you could post today. I hope you can get your internet provider to fix things.

@atexsix Enjoy the time with DM.

@lindaler I do hope you get to go on your cruise.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Oh no, Vanessa, about the spinning returning along with the nausea, and on top of that the eye flare.  I hope everything is better very, very soon.

41 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Sunday from a humid Tucson. I can hear a mixture of sounds from quail and chickens right now. The chickens are behind us to the east by one house and thank goodness they don’t have a rooster. I’ve sort of gotten used to listening to them but I hate the look of the coop, it’s made of plywood and not painted. The quail run across the back fence which is slump block. I always worry if the babies get lost while mom and dad run around. It’s happened before and we tried to reunite them but not sure if they did. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I also got email about the Effy cruise like Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserdid but since I wasn’t interested didn’t really check it out to know what was involved. 

Good collection of days. I’ve started drinking a little bit of Pinot Noir on BHB’s. Pass on the drink and wine. I like chicken salad once in a while. Yesterday I made the BBQ chicken with peach preserves and it was really good and a nice change. Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I’ve smoked a whole chicken and they come out really good and juicy. It’s my preferred way to cook a whole chicken now. The leftovers are delicious too. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for encouragement about smoking the chicken.  FWIW, it is in the smoker and we have smoke.  As I said, we smoked a turkey a few times, many, many years ago.  For some reason we just never did a chicken.  In the past couple of years, I've been doing the meat smoking instead of DH, and I'm getting better at the job.  I did look up recipes on the smoker's website more for time and temperature.  I usually do the chicken in the oven, but it's just to darn hot right now.  I love watching the quail run around our neighborhood in Quartzsite.  The have their morning patrol and then their afternoon patrol.  

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good afternoon Dailyites 

Here I am, late again. I'm a wreck!

@lindaler hoping we see you on the Westerdam soon. There's still 2 weeks and hopeful the emergency gets better. 

Graham,  you have a lovely home. The table looks very nice.

@kazu Jacqui all will be well. So many people can be flexible with move in dates. I'm sure whoever gets your home will be willing to work things out. 

@JazzyV darn it on your spinning! I wish it gets better ASAP. 

Thank you F and B ladies for your dedication to the Daily. Thank you Vanessa for cares and celebration. 

A huge Thank you to Rich @richwmn great new format. I really, really enjoy it!

Prayers lifted to each of you on our care list. I'm praying for my dear sis on her surgery Tuesday. I wish I were there with her, but she insists her daughters and friends have everything under control and to get my butt on the ship..

We got our 3rd offer to upgrade from our Signature suite into a Neptune, only $3400 per person more. No thank you. I'm happy where we are.. and I'll use the money on lobsters. Lots of lobsters..

Joy, still sending very positive thoughts for Bonnie's surgery Tuesday, and an easy recovery.  My advice to you is to take a deep breath or two, and pour a glass or two of wine.  You'll still worry of course, but it might help you relax.  Besides, what harm can a glass of wine do.  

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you for encouragement about smoking the chicken.  FWIW, it is in the smoker and we have smoke.  As I said, we smoked a turkey a few times, many, many years ago.  For some reason we just never did a chicken.  In the past couple of years, I've been doing the meat smoking instead of DH, and I'm getting better at the job.  I did look up recipes on the smoker's website more for time and temperature.  I usually do the chicken in the oven, but it's just to darn hot right now.  I love watching the quail run around our neighborhood in Quartzsite.  The have their morning patrol and then their afternoon patrol.  

I’ve also started smoking turkey for Thanksgiving and just use two turkey breasts now. A whole turkey is too much for our small group. It comes out really good and frees up the oven. I also bought a temp gun so I know how hot the grill is and it’s helped with my attempts at smoking. I do have to have Craig help with things like starting the grill and moving the heavy stuff. 

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’ve also started smoking turkey for Thanksgiving and just use two turkey breasts now. A whole turkey is too much for our small group. It comes out really good and frees up the oven. I also bought a temp gun so I know how hot the grill is and it’s helped with my attempts at smoking. I do have to have Craig help with things like starting the grill and moving the heavy stuff. 

I'm lucky that we have an electric smoker.  We can set the temperature and not worry about it.  We had a charcoal/wood smoker when we lived in The Woodlands, and DH had to check the fire and add wood often.  When his father had their mesquite trees trimmed, he's ship us a box of the smaller branches.  Once the UPS driver asked what was in the heavy box, but I don't think he believed me when I said mesquite wood.  😁

Lenda

• Like 14

Good cloudy afternoon. There is a thunderstorm watch in effect until 10 pm . 
   I don’t know how many on the daily are familiar with Cape May N J , but they are now facing some major traffic issues. 
There is a drawbridge over the Cape May canal ( ocean access) that connects Wildwood Crest to Cape May. The bridge is now stuck in the open position due to a motor failure. It is not repairable and may take weeks to locate a replacement. This is going to create major traffic issues as well as Emergency Services response issues . Google Middle Thorofare Bridge 

Lower Township for more information. 
        I hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

@Mr. Boston happy, happy birthday! Lots of celebrating going on in your family this WE!

Very happy to see the wedding pictures. They are both beautiful venues for a wedding. The Basillica is a favorite of mine to attend weekly Mass. The Landmark Center does beautiful wedding decorations for a reception.

I hope the weather seemed OK as we have had a very wet Summer but the WE was pretty nice. No major weather issues. 😊

Hope everyone is having a peaceful WE. 

Caron

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser thank you Lenda for your breathing and wine suggestion. I'm doing both..

i wanted to share with you all:

I moved from Chicago to Palm Springs in the 70's. I worked at the Canyon Hotel. After work a bunch of us would head to a bar called Mawby's for dancing and drinks. I have had the pleasure to dance with Bob and Deloris Hope, and listen to the Rat Pack. Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra,  and Dean Martin. 

A year later, Frank Sinatra introduced a protege who sang like an angel and he was hired at the Canyon Hotel until Frank got him into Las Vegas.

I was pretty young at the time and looking back, I think I was pretty lucky to meet so many celebrities. Not only the pro golfers, but Eva and Zsa Zsa, Evil Knievel*, President and Mrs. Ford, Red Skelton and many others!

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser thank you Lenda for your breathing and wine suggestion. I'm doing both..

I moved from Chicago to Palm Springs in the 70's. I worked at the Canyon Hotel. After work a bunch of us would head to a bar called Mawby's for dancing and drinks. I have had the pleasure to dance with Bob and Deloris Hope, and listen to the Rat Pack. Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra,  and Dean Martin. 

A year later, Frank Sinatra introduced a protege who sang like an angel and he was hired at the Canyon Hotel until Frank got him into Las Vegas.

I was pretty young at the time and looking back, I think I was pretty lucky to meet so many celebrities. Not only the pro golfers, but Eva and Zsa Zsa, Evil Knievel*, President and Mrs. Ford, Red Skelton and many others!

Great memories hob-knobbing w/some big celebrities! 

• Like 13

Where I was going is, Frank Sinatra made the comment, not a song:

"Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels."

John Lennon wrote and sang the actual song, which doesn't include the above comment from Frankie..

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cloudy afternoon. There is a thunderstorm watch in effect until 10 pm . 
   I don’t know how many on the daily are familiar with Cape May N J , but they are now facing some major traffic issues. 
There is a drawbridge over the Cape May canal ( ocean access) that connects Wildwood Crest to Cape May. The bridge is now stuck in the open position due to a motor failure. It is not repairable and may take weeks to locate a replacement. This is going to create major traffic issues as well as Emergency Services response issues . Google Middle Thorofare Bridge 

Lower Township for more information. 
        I hope everyone is having a good day.

When we lived in Newark, DE, we drove over to Cape May once day,  This was in the mid 70s, and traffic was bad even then.  I hate to think what it will be like with the bridge closed for however long it takes.

53 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

What wonderful memories.  Thanks for sharing that with us.

Lenda

• Like 17

Good afternoon,

I've gotten the house pretty much all put back together, other than finding all the breakables I hid from the kittens and then trying to remember where they went!  I'll deal with that tomorrow after (hopefully) getting a good night's sleep.  Trying to do it and vacuum everywhere on no sleep has been an exhausting day.  But the house is looking more back to its "normal" and that's good.  

I'd love to take a nap, but know that would mean no sleep tonight so will carry on. 😉 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser You're right, that was a *very* near miss meeting!  Looking forward to finally meeting you next June. 🙂  

Jacqui @kazu I agree with others, move-in dates and closing can be negotiated.  I know it's a pain in the ... but hang in there 🙂  

Joy @Seasick Sailor Wow, you really did meet a lot of celebrities while living and working in Palm Springs.  Great memories!

Vanessa @JazzyV Darn it on the spinning, nausea and eye flare.  Prayers this ends soon.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Came home to dogs and the cat laying in my lap, each of us getting cuddles we missed for 5 days. Fri night cat laid in DH lap until he went to bed, at which time he moved to my lap. Yesterday he spent the entire day on my lap and last night he went into the bedroom per usual.

This morning I didn't see him for breakfast and calls for him went unanswered. 

This afternoon DH found him under the bed. He looked at him when DH nudged him, but he didn't come out. Something is definitely not right.

A few years ago, he had a very bad case of bladder stones and has been on a special diet since, no flare ups. Dr said signs to watch for are litter box and isolation. He is a very social guy, so isolation is easy to spot.

DH will try to get him out in the morning to go to the vet if he hasn't come out before. Vet is not open tonight and I would like to not go to the ER if possible. It's about 30 min from us, so can't get there quickly if we needed to, where our vet is less than 5 min away.

🤔😪

• Like 6
  • Thanks 11