Walkthrough of the Oceanview Cafe on Celebrity Ascent...

Stockjock

Buffet on Ascent on our Jan cruise was very disappointing. We gave it very low ratings in the survey.

Carb overload.. lots of rice, pasta, noodles.  Had to forage for items needed for a good salad.. and fresh fruit...but the gf desserts were fresh and tasty. My spouse managed to find some  good protein and a decently made omelette.  Overall,  he was not impressed

I  enjoyed the lox (smoked salmon)  but the folks where they toast the bagels were  not happy people.. ..reflected in  their  attitude toward guests!  (worse than the Seinfeld  soup guy!)

We did not have any dinners there or even attempt the seafood buffet.

Fortunately, all other  food and dining on ASCENT were excellent!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I did a one take, pretty quick walkthrough of the buffet's food options.  Probably not the best quality you'd ever see, but maybe worth a watch.

Thanks for inviting us in the Oceanview Cafe. We aren't huge buffet fans, but when we do go to the buffet(usually once and on a sea day) we try a few things that looked like what you showed. The Mast/Pool Grill is our go to favorite. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hcat said:

Buffet on Ascent on our Jan cruise was very disappointing. We gave it very low ratings in the survey.

Carb overload.. lots of rice, pasta, noodles.  Had to forage for items needed for a good salad.. and fresh fruit...but the gf desserts were fresh and tasty. My spouse managed to find some  good protein and a decently made omelette.  Overall,  he was not impressed

I  enjoyed the lox (smoked salmon)  but the folks where they toast the bagels were  not happy people.. ..reflected in  their  attitude toward guests!  (worse than the Seinfeld  soup guy!)

We did not have any dinners there or even attempt the seafood buffet.

Fortunately, all other  food and dining on ASCENT were excellent!

We thought it was terrific.  Best cruise ship buffet I've been on, and I've been on plenty.  Not sure if they improved, or what.  The lunchtime buffet on the Chic Night was especially impressive.  The GF loved it.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

We thought it was terrific.  Best cruise ship buffet I've been on, and I've been on plenty.  Not sure if they improved, or what.  The lunchtime buffet on the Chic Night was especially impressive.  The GF loved it.

We also thought it was terrific on the April TA.  No complaints whatsoever.

• Like 1

Hey Stockjock, I’m remiss in not posting earlier. I so appreciated your cruise review.  I read all of your posts.  I am boarding the Reflection tomorrow for a short four nighter.  I am a seasoned Celebrity cruiser and have sailed on all E Class and also most M and S as well.  Unfortunately as a solo Celebrity cruiser now due to the loss of my spouse I am priced out of E class which is my favorite.  Your girlfriend is beautiful.  Thx again for taking us along!  Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

Hey Stockjock, I’m remiss in not posting earlier. I so appreciated your cruise review.  I read all of your posts.  I am boarding the Reflection tomorrow for a short four nighter.  I am a seasoned Celebrity cruiser and have sailed on all E Class and also most M and S as well.  Unfortunately as a solo Celebrity cruiser now due to the loss of my spouse I am priced out of E class which is my favorite.  Your girlfriend is beautiful.  Thx again for taking us along!  Much appreciated!

You are more than welcome, and my/our condolences with respect to the passing of your spouse.

P.S. When you go on Reflection, maybe you could share some photos and remarks as well.  I hope you have a great time, and I'm glad that you are getting out there and having fun.

Edited by Stockjock

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Buffet on our Ascent cruise pre maiden voyage was the best ive ever had. 

IMG_6267.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

We had this on our cruise last week too.  Delicious!

• Like 1

We also thought the buffet on this cruise was  great. We actually ate there on a couple of evenings.  There were a few improvements we thought compared to our Apex cruise in July, especially at breakfast. We noticed a much better selection of nuts and seeds in the muesli corner, gluten- free cornflakes ( DH was rejoicing, first time we've  seen this on Celebrity), honeycomb,  and vegan sausages in a breakfast vegan corner. All small additions but would have made a real difference to our breakfast enjoyment had they been on the Apex. 

• Like 1