Maybe all C&A members will stay on RCL after reading this

At 79 years old we don’t want anything to do with Royal Caribbean and their 6,000 + passenger mega ships with way too many kids. We had a great cruise before the pandemic on the much smaller Rhapsody of the Seas out of Tampa but we will stay with Celebrity and Princess.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, doghog said:

Oh, I will complain if need to. But those two subjects are not anything I concern myself with. Now a smoker on their balcony smoking next to our balcony, game on! 

Wait a minute?  Are you trying to tell me that different people care about different things?  And that what seems important to you might seem trivial to someone else?

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Coastal Kitchen is now only open for suites and usually just about the top 20 or so Pinnacles.

How do they keep the other Pinnacles' out since they have access to the co-located lounge?  

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

How do they keep the other Pinnacles' out since they have access to the co-located lounge?  

It’s programmed into their sea pass cards.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Wait a minute?  Are you trying to tell me that different people care about different things?  And that what seems important to you might seem trivial to someone else?

Nope. Only saying "I'll" complain about things I have control over. Someone's clothes preferences isn't my business. That's what the staff gets paid to do. We've been subject to someone's stupid comment about what we were wearing (for the MDR, evening) once on a cruise. Getting way off topic now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

Uh! Newbie question!  Tier match was encouragement to book my first Celebrity Cruise! Royal Caribbean recognizes individuals with a pin after each tier achievement of the Crown & Anchor Society.  I've worn each designation pin as I traverse milestones of the Crown & Anchor Society.  Does the Captain's Club have a similar recognition for each milestone achievement? 

The pin wearing is one of the reasons this thread is still going..it’s a Royal thing, not a Celebrity thing..understated..that’s why I like Celebrity..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s programmed into their sea pass cards.

i have never been asked for my sea pass card in Coastal Kitchen.  On the first couple of nights we have been asked for our cabin number when checking in with the Maitre'd.  However, I have seen people walk from the lounge side to the restaurant site and sit down without going to the Maitre'd stand.  

16 minutes ago, doghog said:

Nope. Only saying "I'll" complain about things I have control over. Someone's clothes preferences isn't my business. That's what the staff gets paid to do. We've been subject to someone's stupid comment about what we were wearing (for the MDR, evening) once on a cruise. Getting way off topic now. 

I don’t cruise on lines that make me wear a suit or dress the way I don’t want to.  Does Royal have dress codes?  On a cruise ship people are free to comment on everything.  And you are free to respond to it or ignore it.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t cruise on lines that make me wear a suit or dress the way I don’t want to.  Does Royal have dress codes?  On a cruise ship people are free to comment on everything.  And you are free to respond to it or ignore it.

Hey, we agree on something. Of course RC has suggested dress guidelines. IMO, equal to Celebrity. We dress the same on Celebrity, RC and Princess. Have you cruised with RC? We like the differences and similarities between the three. 

BTW, I didn't ignore the comment. 

Edited by doghog

9 minutes ago, doghog said:

Hey, we agree on something. Of course RC has suggested dress guidelines. IMO, equal to Celebrity. We dress the same on Celebrity, RC and Princess. Have you cruised with RC? We like the differences and similarities between the three. 

BTW, I didn't ignore the comment. 

No I have not sailed on RC.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The pin wearing is one of the reasons this thread is still going..it’s a Royal thing, not a Celebrity thing..understated..that’s why I like Celebrity..

Because of people wearing pins?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

i have never been asked for my sea pass card in Coastal Kitchen.  On the first couple of nights we have been asked for our cabin number when checking in with the Maitre'd.  However, I have seen people walk from the lounge side to the restaurant site and sit down without going to the Maitre'd stand.  

Only the top 20 or so Pinnacles will have access to the suite lounge, therefore they will be the only ones allowed in CK.

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

So it’s ok to flaunt your status.  Just not ok to have an opinion about people who do?  I don’t see anyone suggesting they walk around telling people to take off their pins.  

It’s like people who want to wear baseball caps in dining rooms.  Should I just sit there and shut up?

No worries about having opinions...obviously there is huge amount of that on these threads.  😉  

But it is also my right to have an opinion of why does a little gold badge cause such animosity in so many.  I mean really...why should anyone care if some like to wear them.  Big whoop.  

And no, I don't care if someone is wearing a ball cap...that is what they like to do.  And yes, I would never consider saying something...so if that is shutting up...so be it.  

Third world problem.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

At 79 years old we don’t want anything to do with Royal Caribbean and their 6,000 + passenger mega ships with way too many kids. We had a great cruise before the pandemic on the much smaller Rhapsody of the Seas out of Tampa but we will stay with Celebrity and Princess.

Same thing for us, as we are moving away from Royal for that reason and the cheapening of the product.  We still have the smaller ships left in our booking (EX and Radiance) but are happily moving to other lines...mostly Viking, but now also have a few X cruises booked.  

Considering other sister line Silverseas as well.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

No worries about having opinions...obviously there is huge amount of that on these threads.  😉  

But it is also my right to have an opinion of why does a little gold badge cause such animosity in so many.  I mean really...why should anyone care if some like to wear them.  Big whoop.  

And no, I don't care if someone is wearing a ball cap...that is what they like to do.  And yes, I would never consider saying something...so if that is shutting up...so be it.  

Third world problem.  

More like First World Problems , I don’t think many people in 3rd are cruising 😉😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Third world problem.  

I was told recently by someone on the internet that discussing status is tacky.  It was more about money and class but if you wear a pin that says “I’ve done 100 cruises”, what is the point of that?  Should you get better service?  Should staff say thank you as you walk by?  Should other passengers bow?  What if I don’t get a pin?  

Cruising is a first world problem.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I believe that the CK staff pretty much recognizes you and knows you should be there after a couple of days.  Same as Luminae.  In CK they try to always give you the same waiter and he/she definitely knows you.  The people coming from the lounge and sitting down - I think that is not common without checking in and getting a table.  I guess it could happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Same thing for us, as we are moving away from Royal for that reason and the cheapening of the product.  We still have the smaller ships left in our booking (EX and Radiance) but are happily moving to other lines...mostly Viking, but now also have a few X cruises booked.  

Considering other sister line Silverseas as well.  

The scuttlebutt from the RCCL side is that Royal is going to build a new line of smaller ships (Discovery class).  Early discussion is that they will be Radiance-Class and M-Class size.  We shall see.

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The scuttlebutt from the RCCL side is that Royal is going to build a new line of smaller ships (Discovery class).  Early discussion is that they will be Radiance-Class and M-Class size.  We shall see.

Does Radiance class sail now?  I hope it’s M class with a few more restaurants.  How long does it take to design and build cruise ships?

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does Radiance class sail now?  I hope it’s M class with a few more restaurants.  How long does it take to design and build cruise ships?

Yes all 4 of the Radiance Class ships are still sailing and are quite popular.  About 2500 passengers.  The new Discovery class if designed of the same size will likely hold more passengers and have more suites (my speculations entirely).  So probably more crowded.  It will take at least another 3 years to see one I think.