A Few Retreat Questions

8 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

I think part of the confusion is because it is technically a new policy as of May 24th, 2024.  However many Butlers were already doing it on their own for years leading up to being made official & I think that's where the confusion was stemming from.  

New policy?  So what’s included in the mini bar for suites?  Because people have said only beer but no spirits for Sky Suite.  Some say not even beer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

we find it easier for Celebrity Excursions just to go to the meeting point rather up to the  lounge then back down to join the group as they exit the ship.  

The priority for return tenders is a real plus in a very hot port with a long line for the tender.

On some ships like Millie I believe the Retreat lounge is on deck 4 and theater is on deck 3-4 or 4-5 maybe?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

New policy?  So what’s included in the mini bar for suites?  Because people have said only beer but no spirits for Sky Suite.  Some say not even beer.

I can only speak to my experience during my recent May cruise.  To your point, there was no spirits (liquor) to speak of.  4 beers (Heinken & coors Light), 2 cokes, 2 diets, regular water & a sparkling water and one of those tall glass waters.  Although the Butler did take our requests - which was Sugar Free Red Bull, Vitamin water (orange or lemonaid), coke & diet coke.  The Butler replenished it once during the cruise (it was a short cruise).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

I can only speak to my experience during my recent May cruise.  To your point, there was no spirits (liquor) to speak of.  4 beers (Heinken & coors Light), 2 cokes, 2 diets, regular water & a sparkling water and one of those tall glass waters.  Although the Butler did take our requests - which was Sugar Free Red Bull, Vitamin water (orange or lemonaid), coke & diet coke.  The Butler replenished it once during the cruise (it was a short cruise).

I’ll drink Michelob or Pabst but I hope there are better beer choices.  I may ask about an IPA but maybe that’s too much to ask.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

Just now, zitsky said:

I’ll drink Michelin or Pabst but I hope there are better beer choices.  I may ask about an IPA but maybe that’s too much to ask.

I think this was just the Day 1 standard offering until you can convey preferences to your butler.  I also was not drinking either of those & found it easier to pick my favorites from the Retreat Lounge & just bring them back to room with me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

I think this was just the Day 1 standard offering until you can convey preferences to your butler.  I also was not drinking either of those & found it easier to pick my favorites from the Retreat Lounge & just bring them back to room with me.

Thanks.  It’s important to be picky when deciding on cheap beer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, curry767 said:

Did you have any issues with getting a table in Luminae even though you were in a Aqua Sky Suite?

No!  Luminae was our set restaurant.  Sky Suites get into Luminae.  We did Aqua for the spa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

On the Beyond now and our Butler said the contents of the mini bar were complimentary and he would replenish those.  Contents were 2 large bottles of Evian, 4 cokes, and 3 or 4 beers. There were was no wine, liquor or snacks in the mini bar. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

On the Beyond now and our Butler said the contents of the mini bar were complimentary and he would replenish those.  Contents were 2 large bottles of Evian, 4 cokes, and 3 or 4 beers. There were was no wine, liquor or snacks in the mini bar. 

Thank you!  Great to hear from someone on Beyond now with current information.

15 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Didn’t sky suites used to get a bag of complimentary laundry?

when did that change?

Not unless you were Elite Captains Club.   No laundry for suites except RS and above who get full complementary laundry service.

• Like 1

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

Not unless you were Elite Captains Club.   No laundry for suites except RS and above who get full complementary laundry service.

I have not sailed in a suite since 2015 but I seem to recall getting our complimentary laundry for being Elite PLUS one complimentary bag for being in a sky suite.  My memory may not be correct as we have sailed X since 2009, but not much lately.

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Access to Blu is granted,  with no prior requests needed, probably 99% of the time

I think it depends on the sailing. Specifically, we've twice been on repositioning cruises (1 TA, 1 TP) when Blu was absolutely jam packed between 5:30 and 8 PM and Suite guests were sent away and told to come after 8:15 PM.

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

Retreat guests can go to the lounge for priority tenders?  Does that work if it’s a Celebrity group tour?  Is it only for private tours?  Because you need to know your bus number on a group tour.

If you are on an organized ship's tour you go to the theater and go with your tour group.  

Using the Retreat Concierge for priority debarkation is only if you are on a private tour or self guided adventures ashore. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

On some ships like Millie I believe the Retreat lounge is on deck 4 and theater is on deck 3-4 or 4-5 maybe?

Theater is on decks 3 & 4 on Millennium. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I seem to recall getting our complimentary laundry for being Elite PLUS one complimentary bag for being in a sky suite.

i do not know when but it has changed.  

No more free laundry for a suite on Celebrity, except in a Royal Suite or above. 

As Elite Plus you get two free bags of laundry per Elite+ guest. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, canderson said:

... and 5 as I recall.  That's how you get to the helipad.

Correct.  I forgot about that as I just usually walked from the Retreat Lounge to the Theater  without having to go up or down 🙂

On 8/19/2024 at 5:56 PM, George C said:

On lunch Luminaeis only open on embarkation and sea days , on embarkation they do offer lobster roll which I love , always have a burger and pretty sure Cobb salad . On port days outdoor retreat offers a small menu including burger . 

On 8/19/2024 at 7:14 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The Retreat sun deck has a limited lunch menu, salad, burgers, turkey club, and a few other items.

We are vegan and vegetarian (Me -vegetarian, he - vegan) Will there be anything we can eat on the Retreat sun deck?

Also, will this be a problem in Luminae? We've only sailed Aqua up till now and they've always been very accommodating!

9 minutes ago, chamima said:

We are vegan and vegetarian (Me -vegetarian, he - vegan) Will there be anything we can eat on the Retreat sun deck?

Also, will this be a problem in Luminae? We've only sailed Aqua up till now and they've always been very accommodating!

For Luminae the advice I’ve always seen and experienced with friends is that you want to tell the staff the day before.  Then they may let you order ahead of it.  That’s how it worked for a friend who was celiac.  You can probably let the Retreat desk know in advance.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, chamima said:

not much

30 minutes ago, chamima said:

IMG_1876.png

IMG_1877.png

Edited by cruisestitch

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

not much

IMG_1876.png

IMG_1877.png

Looking at it again.

There is basically nothing. Any chance the stewards can get other items?

We haven't sailed E class before. Other than the buffet - where is lunch served on port days?

Spa cafe?

Thanks

7 hours ago, chamima said:

Looking at it again.

There is basically nothing. Any chance the stewards can get other items?

We haven't sailed E class before. Other than the buffet - where is lunch served on port days?

Spa cafe?

Thanks

You may find something to your liking at the spa cafe, mast grill or Cafe Al Bacio. All three are no additional cost.