Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

2 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

We are a year away from our cruise out of Vancouver but always take notes of when you eat or should I say drink!  We also have a February cruise and staying at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro so thank you for doing reviews!

I'll be at Crown Plaza again in December for one night pre-cruise for NCL Bliss! As for Vancouver, there are some great places to eat and drink here - sadly, the prices prevent me from doing so as often as I would like!

• Like 2

Regarding the comedy shows, we were on Harmony in July, and heard from another couple and our DD that the comedians weren't very good.  We ended up skipping the comedy show in order to watch Columbus in it's entirety (the show we were originally watching had to stop because of a cast member injury).  

When you are in Costa Maya can you see how much they are charging to use the Flowridder in port and if it's busy or not. Also can you see if they offer any flyboarding or jet ski rentals from the port area.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattR said:

When you are in Costa Maya can you see how much they are charging to use the Flowridder in port and if it's busy or not. Also can you see if they offer any flyboarding or jet ski rentals from the port area.  

Sure - but you might need to remind me next week! I’m not 100% sure if we will get off the ship at all in Costa Maya but if we do, I’ll check it out. I can definitely check flowrider!

8 hours ago, mattR said:

There’s a wave at Costa Maya now? Add that to the Mexican wrestling at the port restaurant as a reason to get off the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Thanks for brining us along @ceilidh1.  Looking forward to your adventure, as we board Symphony when you disembark.  It will be a great distraction for next while I work and pack.

We only sailed Princess until we tried a RC cruise. Then we swore we’d never sail on a big girl when Oasis came out. Then we tried it and never looked back. It will be Interesting to read your take of the Oasis class ship. 

Waving at you and your crew from across the provinces. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

Part of my vacation routine is ensuring every single food item in the house has been eaten before we leave. I refuse to buy anything edible beginning a week out and we make meals that are a combo of whatever is left in the house. Last nights dinner was cheese, crackers, wieners and cucumber. I spent the morning cleaning and decided there was nothing wonderful to make lunch from, so we headed out to one of the hidden gems in Vancouver- Chop Steak House. This place is expensive but they have a great happy hour and a great “big kids meal” lunch special! It’s right next to the port so a great spot for anyone wanting a pre cruise meal!

IMG_4293.jpeg

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4296.jpeg

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

The waitress just pointed out that we got a “Lucky Duck” which makes one of the meals free!!! 

IMG_4297.jpeg

Yea, what a great start to your vacation!

• Like 4

Is the Chop Steakhouse new?  We checked into the Pan Pacific in the fall of 2022 before a cruise and went looking for lunch along the water.  I don't recall seeing it, but we might have walked right past it.  We ended up at Mahony's Tavern which was OK, but the Chop Steakhouse sounds better.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is the Chop Steakhouse new?  We checked into the Pan Pacific in the fall of 2022 before a cruise and went looking for lunch along the water.  I don't recall seeing it, but we might have walked right past it.  We ended up at Mahony's Tavern which was OK, but the Chop Steakhouse sounds better.  

It’s pretty new - it used to be a restaurant called Bellagios, which was ok. I think it opened about a year or so ago. There is also another new steak house right across the street (too expensive for me) called Riley’s https://rileysrestaurant.ca

Edited by ceilidh1
Typo
  • Like 1

To Do:

Almost complete! The only things left on the list:

- Remake beds (obviously I had to strip them and wash the bedding before I left)

- Take trash, compost, and recycling out (our building has a garbage room in the bottom floor of the parking lot. It’s such a hassle taking out the trash.)

- Showers (x3 - rather than get up even earlier, we will do the shower fight this evening)

-Final dinner - We will finish everything else in the refrigerator. Eggs, cheese, wieners, naan bread, and Kahlua.

-Pack chargers, iPads, and phones (no way will the teens give those up until the last possible second).

- Early night. Alarm set for 5am. 

• Like 17

Travel Day:

So far, so good…

Left the house at 5am. On the Canada Line train at 5:17am. At the airport at 5:55am. No lines. Bags dropped by 6:05am. We had YVR Express so breezed through security (probably only saved us about 10 minutes) and Mobile passport control so breezed through US CBP (saved us another 10 minutes). Longest line so far has been at Tim’s.

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4303.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I hate when my Kahlua goes bad. 😉

Oh, I’m more concerned that when the zombie apocalypse happens they will drink my kahlua! Now they have a shiny, clean house to invade but nothing to eat or drink (they’ll have to go find some brains)…

• Haha 12

18 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Oh, I’m more concerned that when the zombie apocalypse happens they will drink my kahlua! Now they have a shiny, clean house to invade but nothing to eat or drink (they’ll have to go find some brains)…

We will attempt to hold them off while you are away. 

• Haha 3