Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

For those that are wondering…I still haven’t found the buffet. Or the dining rooms. 

MDRs are aft on decks 3-4-5.  Windjammer is aft on the pool deck

Edited by poocher

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

MDRs are aft on decks 3-4-5.  Windjammer is aft on the pool deck

15? I feel like I’ve done that deck. I found mini bites but no buffet!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

15? I feel like I’ve done that deck. I found mini bites but no buffet!

Mini bites is 1 deck different than the buffet. I think 16. Up the steps from the pool if you are on pool deck. 

If you have fixed time dining your deck and table number are printed on your card.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

Adding to the drink tips question...you probably know that a gratuity (18% I think?) is automatically added to both individual drinks and the drink package.  Most people probably feel that's enough of a tip already.  Tipping an additional $1 is a good way to get remembered for good future service and/or to further help your bartender/wait staff.  I'm sure they DO appreciate, even if they seem surprised.  Royal often has some great bartenders...I'm sure you will find your favorite within a day or 2.  He or she will remember your additional tip. 😉

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Anyone wondering about The Abyss slide. DS reported:

“ I guess I would do it again. It’s not that I was scared. It’s more that I wasn’t happy”… 🤣

Is he going to do the zip line? Or rock climbing wall?

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mini bites is 1 deck different than the buffet. I think 16. Up the steps from the pool if you are on pool deck. 

If you have fixed time dining your deck and table number are printed on your card.

Lol. 15 is as far as I’ve got!

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

Hubby suggested the Rum Runners on Rising Tide.  DD liked the Lavender martini at the schooner bar.  I was partial to the white sangria at mostly all the bars!

Still in Galveston so limited menu right now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Lol. 15 is as far as I’ve got!

Just saying the buffet has some things in the very back. Like 3 kinds of ice cream and 6 toppings. I like ice cream. They do things like crepes back there at the stir fry place that is a egg station for breakfast. Solarium also has a egg station though and quieter .. but after dinner swing by for ice cream. Solarium swing by and grab some baklava.

I'm on harmony 4 weeks in Oct again. I know the treats.

• Like 6

OK I need input from RC cruisers here. I always sail with the drink package and sample all the cocktails. On every other line, I would say alcohol content is low as I can drink all day and not feel drunk. After 3 on this ship, I was buzzed. I’m now on 5. Definitely drunk. Do they just add more alcohol? Or actually make the drinks as they should be made?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So the pool bar has a smoking area right next to it. I don’t love that.

There’s another one forward in the solarium & I think on the level overlooking the pool.  I loved the solarium bar!  Pace yourself!!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

There’s another one forward in the solarium & I think on the level overlooking the pool.  I loved the solarium bar!  Pace yourself!!

I haven’t found the solarium yet. I suck.

• Haha 2

I feel like I’ve never cruised before. I’m so overwhelmed. Everything is new. I’m constantly lost. I keep getting distracted. I’m sure I haven’t even found a portion of the ship!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Anyone wondering about The Abyss slide. DS reported:

“ I guess I would do it again. It’s not that I was scared. It’s more that I wasn’t happy”… 🤣

I did it in 2018, I was 68 and enjoyed it!

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I haven’t found the solarium yet. I suck.

Ok pools are on deck 15.  Solarium is forward deck 16 and windjammer buffet is aft deck 16.

Breathe!!  Harmony is a big ship!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, poocher said:

Ok pools are on deck 15.  Solarium is forward deck 16 and windjammer buffet is aft deck 16.

Ah, see, that’s the issue. I thought deck 15 was it. I haven’t made it any further. I keep getting distracted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Solarium is forward on 14, 15 (Bistro), AND 16 (Bar).  

Windjammer (buffet) is aft on 16, but the entrances are on the "pool" side of the elevator lobby.

Abyss I was not impressed with.  Just did it once.  Eh. 

Same with the zip line.  It's only about 10 seconds.  Eh.

Both are worth doing once IMO. 

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

OK I need input from RC cruisers here. I always sail with the drink package and sample all the cocktails. On every other line, I would say alcohol content is low as I can drink all day and not feel drunk. After 3 on this ship, I was buzzed. I’m now on 5. Definitely drunk. Do they just add more alcohol? Or actually make the drinks as they should be made?

They make drinks as they should be made.

Once you find your "regular" hang out and get to know the bartender(s) they will take good care of you.

Sorry noone mentioned about combo shampoo/bodywash.   I always pack my own products wherever I go so I forget to mention to people cruising on Royal ships.

• Like 3