Back on Queen Anne again.

Colin_Cameron

Just returned off a four night cruise on the Queen Anne. Now then, inside stateroom televisions, are they fixed to the wall or do they swivel out because ours didn’t, but some are saying they do and others are saying they are retrofitting them. We found the selection of channels superb but the experience of watching them impossible for whoever was unfortunate enough to be sleeping on the right hand side of the room.

IMG_3378.jpeg

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

That is most def. male as we're past the mini skirt era...well on my two QA trips at any rate!

Not sure. There could be a few that short in the wardrobe. Possibly worn with leggings.

I doubt if I would stand like that especially on a ship. Too much risk of falling over. 😃

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

Thanks for providing, seems pretty clear. 

I can see if you see them together and you are male, it is pretty clear. As a female who can’t do pictograms, it would be exactly the sort of thing I’d have to stare at for half a minute to decide which I was.

Just off Queen Anne as well. I must be one of the ladies that went into the wrong toilet, the ones by the Commodore Club.Was very embarrassed, and for the rest of the voyage made sure my husband was with me to make sure I didn’t make the mistake again.

Enjoyed the voyage, was lovely to see so many of our old staff members from QM2, Ashley from the pursers office, and we were so lucky to ask and have Mario as our waiter.Both the Maitre d’s we’re from also from QM2.No cold food and superb service.

Still pondering if we would book another voyage on her? 

• Like 1

Just now, Millieloulou said:

Just off Queen Anne as well. I must be one of the ladies that went into the wrong toilet, the ones by the Commodore Club.Was very embarrassed, and for the rest of the voyage made sure my husband was with me to make sure I didn’t make the mistake again.

Enjoyed the voyage, was lovely to see so many of our old staff members from QM2, Ashley from the pursers office, and we were so lucky to ask and have Mario as our waiter.Both the Maitre d’s we’re from also from QM2.No cold food and superb service.

Still pondering if we would book another voyage on her? 

What’s to stop you?

I went on board trying to keep an open mind, and not comparing her with QM2.But I did !

Didn’ t like the Queens room, or the afternoon tea.

Did walk around the deck 3 ,the promenade deck but very narrow.

Everywhere felt very disjointed, forever looking to where we were going.

Sky bar was nice, but only served alcohol when we wanted coffee.

I could go on, and in fairness perhaps we do need to book a longer voyage to spend more time getting to know her,We would only book Cunard, and are reluctant to fly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

I went on board trying to keep an open mind, and not comparing her with QM2.But I did !

Didn’ t like the Queens room, or the afternoon tea.

Did walk around the deck 3 ,the promenade deck but very narrow.

Everywhere felt very disjointed, forever looking to where we were going.

Sky bar was nice, but only served alcohol when we wanted coffee.

I could go on, and in fairness perhaps we do need to book a longer voyage to spend more time getting to know her,We would only book Cunard, and are reluctant to fly.

If you don’t fly, you are more or less stuck with QA. I am in the same position. The things I didn’t like about Annie are the same things I don’t like about QM2, namely her length and deficiencies in the Grills arrangements, though QA’s Grills Terrace is vastly nicer. I didn’t think the Prom Deck was particularly narrow as a walking area, just lacking in views, but I didn’t mind it too much. I actually found the ship pretty easy to navigate, providing one could walk through the Grills Terrace. Some of the bits I really liked were Commodore Club, Library, both pool areas, Sky Bar, 1840 bar, Grand Lobby and the rooms off it, and the Main Dining Room, which I thought glorious and spectacular. I too think the Queens Room was disappointing, not unpleasant, just dull.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ShipboardSteve said:

Perhaps it is all due to cost saving since you only have to paint one line for the legs instead of two!

Do you think they modeled it after Michael Flatley? Is it just me?

IMG_2581.jpeg.6c1cb34d06f0a33079ee63882873e724.jpeg

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Do you think they modeled it after Michael Flatley? Is it just me?

IMG_2581.jpeg.6c1cb34d06f0a33079ee63882873e724.jpeg

Now that I think about it, it’s a great way to discreetly mention your departure.  “Excuse me. I am just going to see Michael Flatley.”  

The possibilities are endless.

• Haha 5

We have also just got back from the 4 day Rotterdam. We were in Princess grill and absolutely loved it. We have only tried PC once before a 4 day earlier in the year on QM2 to Hamburg and we were extremely disappointed in the lounge and so called terrace [also known as that tiny deck with a pop up trellis table!] with a view over everyone on the next deck looking like they were having better service and a better time then we were! No coffee/tea just a few bottles of beer sat on a 'pasting table' and only once saw a member of staff serving a drink of any kind. What a difference on Queen Anns grills terrace. Morning coffee/tea self service, a water dispenser infused with lemon or oranges. Fresh fruit skewers to eat. Mid morning strawberries and cream. Afternoon tea served on the terrace later followed by a chocolate ice lolly or small bowl of ice cream. Drinks menu and bell put on table for table service in the afternoon. What a difference! 
The food in PG was outstanding, our only hiccup was the last days afternoon tea which was a car crash. The cakes looked wonderful and beautifully presented but we had to be squeezed into a tiny table due to no more available seating. Two tables around us left due to no one taking their order or delivering it. We had missing cakes due to running out and only one pour of tea. I am hopeful this was a big learning curve for future afternoon teas if a lot turn up. Apart from this all our dining room staff were lovely.
The entertainment was much better than we have had on any other Cunard ship in the past. I was very disappointed in the Carinthia lounge, there really is no big soft comfy seating. I'm not sure where I would spend a lazy couple of hours if we were not on any terrace or pool area. I can't say anything about other restaurants or buffet due to using the grills to the max, but would like to try them on a longer cruise as we would definitely go on her again. Commodore club has lovely seating and we used it a coupe of times and liked the pub. The whole ship does feel a little less comfortable and the ball room seating does nothing to keep you comfortable in the same way Queen Victories does. We are looking to book again as we enjoyed it and did our best to treat it on its own merit.
Note to add the toilet doors do need better pictures there is definitely confusion until you see both images and you are likely to go into the men's by mistake if female. 

• Like 5

quoting: 

What a difference on Queen Anne's Grills terrace. Morning coffee/tea self service, a water dispenser infused with lemon or oranges. Fresh fruit skewers to eat. Mid morning strawberries and cream. Afternoon tea served on the terrace later followed by a chocolate ice lolly or small bowl of ice cream. Drinks menu and bell put on table for table service in the afternoon. What a difference! 

What a difference indeed, from our 2 week Med cruise on 28th July which compared the Grills Terrace service comparable to that found on the Marie Celeste! 
(Things did get a lot better by the end of the cruise)

I'm very pleased and heartened that they are at last delivering the product.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rog747 said:

quoting: 

What a difference on Queen Anne's Grills terrace. Morning coffee/tea self service, a water dispenser infused with lemon or oranges. Fresh fruit skewers to eat. Mid morning strawberries and cream. Afternoon tea served on the terrace later followed by a chocolate ice lolly or small bowl of ice cream. Drinks menu and bell put on table for table service in the afternoon. What a difference! 

What a difference indeed, from our 2 week Med cruise on 28th July which compared the Grills Terrace service comparable to that found on the Marie Celeste! 
(Things did get a lot better by the end of the cruise)

I'm very pleased and heartened that they are at last delivering the product.

I'm glad to see that the Terrace has finally got their act together. After being in PG on QE, I was disappointed at nearly zero service on QA, both at the Terrace and in the Lounge. Not at all what I was expecting!

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 1:16 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Question about the Britannia restaurant. How is it for sound levels? The MDR on Koningsdam was loud. There were a few places, mostly upstairs in the back corners, where sound levels were acceptable, but most of the room was unpleasantly loud when full. There was nothing to dampen the sound and the shape of the room didn't help. I was hoping Cunard would do a better job on configuring the opening to the second level to solve that issue.

The only "bad" place we found with lots of noise was Deck 3 on the port side overlooking the large opening down to the lower level, as it's right by (I assume) the entrance/exit to the galley.

You can hear how hard they're working with the beeping of either ovens or some other equipment.