Quest is Gone

Towards the end of the cruise I asked MarQ what happened with it and he said it was a shoreside decision to cancel it for all ships and all sailings.  He said he definitely enjoyed hosting it and never had a problem.  Then at the Q&A on the last day someone publicly asked about it and he said the same thing.  He suggested mentioning disappointment on its cancellation on the surveys.

• Like 3

i have a feeling someone that don't understand how the show works complained to guest services about something they saw at the show. with a certain amount of complaints received, i guess that forced the ship to stop doing it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i have a feeling someone that don't understand how the show works complained to guest services about something they saw at the show. with a certain amount of complaints received, i guess that forced the ship to stop doing it. 

Even though they give multiple warnings that the show can be very raunchy and explicit and borderline NC-17 rating.

Grandma Matilda and her preacher husband were probably shocked at what they saw and clutched their pearls all the way to guest services.

I do recall several years ago (on Horizon I think) that Chris "Donkey" Salazar actually ended the show early because it got too out of control.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Towards the end of the cruise I asked MarQ what happened with it and he said it was a shoreside decision to cancel it for all ships and all sailings.  He said he definitely enjoyed hosting it and never had a problem.  Then at the Q&A on the last day someone publicly asked about it and he said the same thing.  He suggested mentioning disappointment on its cancellation on the surveys.

What ship is MarQ on?

14 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

9 hours ago, nycruise1 said:

Venezia, he said he has been a CD for 8 years.  He is moving to Vista.

Thanks for sharing this. I had MarQ as a CD on one of my sailings back in 2018. I think it was the Splendor, but I'm not 100% certain. 

He's a good guy. I'm happy he's one of the very few CDs that survived the pandemic and came back to Carnival. 

As to your original comment,  I'm somewhat confused. I am sure Quest has received a bunch of complaints through the years. Why cancel it now? I'm tempted to ask Mr. Heald about it just to put him on the spot. But I think there's a significant chance that MarQ is trying to pull a fast one for whatever reason. 

5 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Why cancel it now?

i think its due to the world we live in now where its possible for other people to ruin things for people. this is very common outside of cruising. a bigger issue is way the world is now with everyone being sensitive and "political correct" for the lack of better words

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i think its due to the world we live in now where its possible for other people to ruin things for people. this is very common outside of cruising. a bigger issue is way the world is now with everyone being sensitive and "political correct" for the lack of better words

You make fair points, but has the world changed that much from 2023 or 2022? Maybe it has, but... Carnival canceled a lot of things during the restart - including the Quest. But it came back, and now (apparently) it's gone for good fleetwide.

Had to be multiple complaints about it.  I agree with what others said - if you don't like it, don't go, but don't ruin it for others who do enjoy going.  Then again - I have heard people complain that some of the stuff in playlist shows shouldn't be there - lol.

Quest used to be fun. It became raunchy, and I’m no prude. On one of my sailings, although I didn’t go, it was the talk of the ship the next day. A young drunk girl, who many said looked under 21 (but everyone looks 14 to me nowadays), got onstage, stripped naked, and proceeded to either simulate or actually pleasure herself. If this is enjoyable to some, then go enjoy the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Quest used to be fun. It became raunchy, and I’m no prude. On one of my sailings, although I didn’t go, it was the talk of the ship the next day. A young drunk girl, who many said looked under 21 (but everyone looks 14 to me nowadays), got onstage, stripped naked, and proceeded to either simulate or actually pleasure herself. If this is enjoyable to some, then go enjoy the show.

Yikes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

…and crap like that is precisely what gives Carnival a bad rep. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There seemed to have been a lot more videos of that show making their way to social media these days despite constant reminders (and common decency) to not film (when I attended at least). Given the way social media is these days, I wouldn't at all be surprised if corporate decided to nix the fun.

Edited by notscb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

…and crap like that is precisely what gives Carnival a bad rep. 

You are absolutely correct. It used to be a fun game. It was all pretty innocent fun before a few had to ruin it.

• Like 1

Just now, crzndeb said:

You are absolutely correct. It used to be a fun game. It was all pretty innocent fun before a few had to ruin it.

Carnival seems to be on high alert these days as to stuff that gets them negative publicity, a booze cruise rep, etc. I’m not surprised to see this axed  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

im no prude either, but I would be totally mortified if I saw that. I don’t need to state the obvious reasons why Carnival shouldn’t let someone do this, especially if her age was questionable.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I think the Cruise Director’s staff encouraged the raunchiness.  It wasn’t just a few passengers.

I remember Entertainment Staff leading passengers in a chant “get the f#%> out” telling passengers who might be offended to leave a venue.  Very inappropriate, in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was on the Legend on a British Isle cruise a week ago and Quest was held. This cruise had many Diamond and Platinum guests and a lot of older cruisers.  Quest is always fun to watch. There were no issues that I heard of. Just like the R-rated comedy shows you are warned of the subject matter. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I think the Cruise Director’s staff encouraged the raunchiness.  It wasn’t just a few passengers.

I remember Entertainment Staff leading passengers in a chant “get the f#%> out” telling passengers who might be offended to leave a venue.  Very inappropriate, in my opinion.

Not at all.

No different than people with kids sitting up front at the 18+ comedy show getting "included" in the show until they leave.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Not at all.

No different than people with kids sitting up front at the 18+ comedy show getting "included" in the show until they leave.   

Elaine, you think a cruise staff member yelling at guests at a public venue (and encouraging guests to yell as well) "Get the f___ out" is OK?  I don't!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Elaine, you think a cruise staff member yelling at guests at a public venue (and encouraging guests to yell as well) "Get the f___ out" is OK?  I don't!  

In an adult arena, yes. 

• Like 9