Celebrity Eclipse Sky Lounge closed during 12 day cruise

quicklabs

I was on the August 16 Iceland to Boston cruise - I sent an email to the Executive Office at Celebrity the day I got home.  Two days later I received an email from Celebrity saying they had tried to contact me by phone (my number shown was incorrect) and gave me the name and phone number of an Executive Representative.  I called her the next morning - it was obviously someone working off premises and English was her second language.  Conversation was pretty much a “sorry and we’ll pass on your concerns to the appropriate department”.  Frankly, I didn’t expect anything else from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering what we are paying for next summer’s Greenland and Iceland cruise on the Silhouette, I will definitely be asking before final payment if they intend to close the Sky Lounge for large parts of our sailing and then cancel if necessary, since a nicely enclosed observation deck to watch the scenery from was why we booked an S class ship in the first place.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, desibee said:

Considering what we are paying for next summer’s Greenland and Iceland cruise on the Silhouette, I will definitely be asking before final payment if they intend to close the Sky Lounge for large parts of our sailing and then cancel if necessary, since a nicely enclosed observation deck to watch the scenery from was why we booked an S class ship in the first place.

I will be very surprised if they will answer your question, but please come back and let us know how it works for you when you ask

• Like 5

On 9/2/2024 at 12:41 AM, Mimi04 said:

We were on this scenic cruise from Iceland to Boston via Greenland.

Astonishing views with calm waters and blue sky.

10 of the 12 days the sky lounge was either closed all day or part of the day (imagine leaving port in Iceland and wanting a drink with a view—-Skylounge is the first place to go). 

I’ve just finished the survey and I want to know if we can find out if on a future cruise we book this ‘Corporate’ decision is known ahead of time?  

We all want to know that, but apparently they will not be revealing it. This is according to staff here on silhouette where the same thing is taking place for five cruises in a row

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

Who is "Miami"? - the Hotel Manager has no say in how spaces are used?  Then he is not a manager, only a coordinator.  

Who is Miami? The Corporate Office.  They signed the contract.  The Hotel Director has to abide by it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, desibee said:

Good luck with that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I will be very surprised if they will answer your question, but please come back and let us know how it works for you when you ask

Thank you for waiting. As per checking with our onboard team, on your cruise will not be any private event for park West on the Sky Lounge venue. They have it schedule only for Sep 19.  

I got this response when I pushed about my 9/8 cruise.  I'll have to get back to you in a couple of weeks and let you know if it was true.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Julma said:

Thank you for waiting. As per checking with our onboard team, on your cruise will not be any private event for park West on the Sky Lounge venue. They have it schedule only for Sep 19. 

Strange response from Miami. 

First, a definite ESL thing going on there.  We don't often see that from a real Miami response.

Second, although they'll certainly know aboard since they have to set up for these events, why was it necessary to contact the ship to get this information?  Miami knows what ships and itineraries are included in their contracts with PW for these events.

Yes, strange.

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Strange response from Miami. 

First, a definite ESL thing going on there.  We don't often see that from a real Miami response.

Second, although they'll certainly know aboard since they have to set up for these events, why was it necessary to contact the ship to get this information?  Miami knows what ships and itineraries are included in their contracts with PW for these events.

Yes, strange.

It was through their chat.  The first response was "we don't know" and I asked if Celebrity didn't know what was happening on their ships, could they point me in the direction of someone that did.  We shall see if it comes true.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julma said:

It was through their chat.  The first response was "we don't know" and I asked if Celebrity didn't know what was happening on their ships, could they point me in the direction of someone that did.  We shall see if it comes true.  

I hope your info is correct as I will also be on the New England/Canada sailing of September 8.  It was bad enough not having access on the Greenland cruise, it will be awful to have the same situation again!  My friend, who is joining me for this itinerary, is looking forward to sailing up the St. Lawrence Seaway and watching for whales.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 4:28 PM, canderson said:

Behave yourself like everyone else and neither you nor they will know what you all drive.  Go in with that enormous chip on your shoulder and you'd be correct ... no one will want to talk to you.

Grey Poupon would be hard to drive....😉

7 minutes ago, CTSandy said:

I hope your info is correct as I will also be on the New England/Canada sailing of September 8.  It was bad enough not having access on the Greenland cruise, it will be awful to have the same

msituation again!  My friend, who is joining me for this itinerary, is looking forward to sailing up the St. Lawrence Seaway and watching for whales.

that is an amazing route!

we saw many whales close up!

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 7:45 PM, hcat said:

thank you for this post and standing up for cruisers!  we hace cruised with various  group.. motorcycle folks were great,  but some others did impact us alot more.  A large deaf group with sign interp were the focus at every venue and activity & we felt left out.  Another group had elevs exclusive for use by their group run manually on Shabbat.. thus reducing use by .others..and crowds waiting!  We enjoyed a group of ballroom dancers..

Point is..just post a list!

Do you know how many would avoid the cruise following a nudist cruise if they posted the list??  😁.  There are sites you can google to find group cruises and these do show up.

1 hour ago, Julma said:

It was through their chat.

No telling where the response came from, then.  The only contact point I'd trust to even be likely to garner an actual 'Miami' response would be email direct to corporate.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

No telling where the response came from, then.  The only contact point I'd trust to even be likely to garner an actual 'Miami' response would be email direct to corporate.

So, you don't think the chat on the Celebrity website is Celebrity?

53 minutes ago, Julma said:

So, you don't think the chat on the Celebrity website is Celebrity?

That's not what I said. 

Yes, it's "Celebrity".  That said, there are no assurances you're not getting connected to recent hire working at home from some other continent who has to make inquiries about anything not already prepared and answered on a script.

13 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

image.gif.31a051948b7aef401daa9f4a2921ea1d.gif

Is this guy a staff member?  And what ship does he work on?  I hear fan clubs are big on Celebrity.

(Asking for a friend.)

😂

Edited by zitsky

On 9/3/2024 at 12:52 AM, DaKahuna said:

BTW, it is still unclear to me if the Sky Lounge is closed 24x7 for non-Park West passengers or just large portions of the morning and afternoons. 

I cannot provide information on the eclipse, but here is what happened on silhouette on this cruise.  

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Boy , Did you ever miss the point of the post 🤣

No I didn’t.  I can help him get over his fear of nudist cruises.  My therapist says practice makes perfect.  (So what ship is he on?)