The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 25th, 2024

richwmn

Today is National Park Service Day, National Second-hand Wardrobe Day, and National Whiskey Sour Day

There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.--John Lennon

Meal Suggestion for today - Green Goddess Salad with Chickpeas
Drink of the Day - Orange Bomb
Wine of the Day - Freixenet Ice Cuvée Cava
Destination of the Day - Male, Maldives

Today in History:
1609 Galileo demonstrates his 1st telescope to Venetian lawmakers
1944 French General Charles de Gaulle walks the Champs Elysees in Paris after the liberation of the city from *** occupation
1991 Linux is born when Linus Torvalds sends off an email announcing his project to create a new computer operating system

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer
At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska   eta 08-26  

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
At Sea Destination Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska   eta 08-26  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier
Vancouver, Canada   0700-1600  

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, round-trip North Cape The Midnight Sun
At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Netherlands   eta 08-26  

Noordam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver
Whittier, Alaska   0100-1930  

Oosterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome
Piraeus (Athens), Greece   0700-1700  

Rotterdam --- 7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas
At Sea Destination Copenhagen, Denmark   eta 08-26  

Volendam --- 11 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal
Corner Brook, Newfoundland   1000-2300  

Westerdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer
Seattle, Washington   0700-1500  

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage
Glacier Bay, Alaska   0700-1600  

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Quebec City
Bar Harbor, Maine   0700-1500  

0825World.thumb.png.68cba65d3b5d6b7a3a9a5df21aeaaf0d.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 27

Good morning friends!  The weather report for Frisco, Texas is a current temperature of 80F and a high temp of 98 expected with sunshine and some wind gusts up to 14 mph.  DS arrived at DFW on time yesterday and was glad to be back.  He was hungry so we stopped at an interesting Mexican-style bakery where they specialized in freshly made-to-order breakfast burritos which he ordered along with an Americano coffee.  I had water since I had eaten breakfast and DH had a black coffee and muffin.  Then several hours later DS was so sleepy we urged him to take a nap before lunch.  After watching the professional FC Dallas (adult) players win in DC on TV last evening we tucked him for the night.  One more full day of enjoying him and Ren before DH and I go home Monday.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the ship location maps.  I’m glad to see National Park Service Day.  I suppose there could be some good finds at a thrift store.  Good for whiskey sour fans.  John Lennon was a philosophical type person so I can see him writing a book and saying the quote in it.  I wouldn’t mind a Green Goddess salad but I would eat around the chickpeas.  No thanks to the cocktail and I’m not sure about the wine yet.  Today was a very good day in history with three important happenings.  Thank you to Eva @superomaDixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today on food and beverages.

Many prayers today for DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops in the region trying to keep the peace.  Twin sis is doing okay and DD is managing her foot issues without another cortisone shot so far.  Next week may be different. Special prayers for our Care list individuals including Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Ann and Pat, Melisa and her DH, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Jane’s DS, Terri and Jim.   Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping up with the C&C lists for us!  Great job as usual.

Charlene @cunnorl, I hope you are doing okay this morning after your fall.  I imagine you are scraped and bruised.  Please take care of yourself!

I hope Lisa @LAFFNVEGAS and Marcia @dobiemom enjoy their Alaska cruise on Westerdam.  Bon Voyage!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The port today is Male, Maldives, another NEW port for us.  I haven’t been there and have cancelled, or had cancelled for me, any cruises that would have stopped there.  Darn Covid!  So no links today and no photos from me.  Please feel free to post whatever you have to show and tell us about Male, Maldives.

Have a good day everyone.  Please stay safe and keep well!  And don’t forget your bubble wrap.  I think the largest bubbles possible would be a good idea!  I think I'll go back to bed because everyone is asleep here.😴

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good morning from North East England where it is cloudy now and 54°F.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich @richwmn.

Good quote from a clever man John Lennon.

I will have to pass on the food and drink and never been to today's port.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

• Like 24

Today’s Care List:

Vict0riann’s DH Pat hospitalized with viral pneumonia, improving

Hal Sailer diagnosed with Lymphoma

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Heartgrove’s DSIL post surgery for tri-malleolar ankle fracture

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie recovering from breast cancer surgery

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage LAFFNVEGAS (Lisa & Tom)!

Bon Voyage Dobiemom (Marcia)!

Kazu accepting an offer on her house

Cruising-along’s good results on tests done

NextOne doing well post hip surgery

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for Tbay (Volendam Aug 31 to Sept 10) 10 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery + (Volendam Sept 10 to Sept 21) 11 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery, celebrating 59th Anniversary

7 days for Lindaler (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

7 days for Richwmn (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

7 days for Seasick Sailor (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary

7 days for USN59-79 (Westerdam Sept 1 to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan

RMLincoln (Emerald Princess to Aug 28) 17d Greenland & Canada, Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary, 0106 (Rotterdam to Aug 31) 14d Best of Norway, TiogaCruiser (Volendam to Aug 31) 11d Newfoundland & New England Discovery, Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 31) 9d Canada/New England, LAFFNVEGAS (Westerdam to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer, Dobiemom (Westerdam to Sept 1) 7d Alaska Explorer, Crazy For Cats (Zuiderdam to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Dfish (Zuiderdam to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Sharon in AZ (Zuiderdam to Aug 31) B2B 7d Canada/New England Discovery + (Zuiderdam Aug 31 to Sept 7) 7d Canada/New England Discovery and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 24

I can't call today's drink a cocktail.

Orange Bomb:

There are multiple variations of this drink, but this one is the simplest, yet tastiest of them all. Combines just 2 ingredients: Mandarin Vodka and Energy Drink. As it courses through your palate, it ignites a playful explosion of flavors, much like a firework in the night sky. Whether you're in the mood for a taste adventure or ready to set the party on fire, the "Orange Bomb" shot is the ideal choice to infuse your night with excitement and citrusy delight.

Ingredients:
1 oz. mandarin vodka
8 oz. red bull

Directions:
Pour Red bull into a beer mug.
Pour the orange vodka separately into a shot glass, drop it into the beer mug, and chug.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 6.57.23 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 24

Good Morning from Bar Harbor,  it's a beautiful day.

20240825_065714.thumb.jpg.bbb1a9cba75f6842fb1d58332841078d.jpg

We haven't decided what we will do today.  i we will go ashore and walk around. 

I will say that so far we are getting the best wifi ever on a HAL ship.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Merci beaucoup!!  I love reading everything here!!!

What a great round of Days for it to be today!!!

Can't wait to see recipes!!

Have a wonderful day!!

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The weekly video is back! Some thoughts on the words of Jesus, and how we don't always want to hear them. Hope you have a lovely Sunday! God bless, David 😀 

https://youtu.be/WPZsaPxFPlM?si=O3fbjUc6ZtSoqKFI

Fr. David is ALWAYS a blessing!!

Thank you!!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily, and to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration Report.  You do a lovely job each day.

Thank you to Eva @superoma for stepping in for Debbie while she is on a cruise, and to Ann @Crazy For Cats for the wine report and Dixie @summer slope for the Cocktail recipe.  And who can forget Graham @grapau27 for giving us a spiritual uplift from Father David.  Thank you to all of you.

Today we will get ready to take our short trip to Jacksonville tomorrow.  We will be there two nights.  I will have blood work early tomorrow morning to see where I am with the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  So far things look good.  I am down to 3mg a day and so far I am doing well.  If all goes well I will be off the Prednisone on Oct. 26.  I cannot wait.

I see my PCP tomorrow morning and the Orthopedic Surgeon in the afternoon.  

I am hoping that I do not need a shoulder replacement and a minimally invasive procedure can be done.  If it is major surgery, I don’t know how we will manage here. 

We will come home on Wednesday morning.  I will visit with my cousin on Tuesday evening.  We’ll go out to dinner.  I am always happy to see her.

So today i have a few things to do to get ready.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, EVA, Ann, Dixie and Graham/Father David for the FR&D   I like all 3 of today’s days.   Special prayers for Ann, Pat, Terri, Jim,  Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Bon Voyage Lisa, Tom, and Marcia.

I like the Lennon quote.

I have not been to the Maldives

Three great days in history..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup and Grilled Strip Loin as served on MS Statendam August 22, 2014.

Main activity today will be in person church.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! It is a lovely, cool morning here. Yesterday’s wine tasting was fun. I even won a bottle of wine in a raffle! Then back to my place for a supper of Panera salads and wine to finish the night. 

Vanessa, praying that eventually even the light headedness will disappear. Thank you for keeping up with all our happenings. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, dropping some things off at the local Humane Society, a visit with my Sister and then some pool time - weather permitting. 

IMG_3243.jpeg.39666635d7d4390d68399eafb2524b3d.jpeg

IMG_3302.jpeg.da189c4654d4c2dc3ff1c7aa5dd1fb6f.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg.a4f6099111b4c0eb7b7d6382a61bbd20.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana & her feisty-factor, Terry & her DB, Ann & Pat, Chuck & Annie, Melisa, Jacqui, Tony, Terri & Jim, @NextOne and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Freixenet Ice Cuvée Cava

Sweeter and richer than most wines. But this Spanish dessert wine is priced to try. A decent number of distributors with online prices starting at $14.99.

Winemaker’s notes

Created to be enjoyed over ice and is delicious year round, excellent in summer.

REGION
Penedès, Spain
GRAPE
A blend of Macabeo, Xarel.lo and Parellada and a touch of Chardonnay.
AGING
Aged 12-14 months.
PALATE
Notes of peaches and cream, ripe pear, tropical fruit
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 7

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich & thanks to Ea, Vanessa, Dixie & Ann.

Hurrah for national Park Serice and I ‘ve certainly been donation to the secondhand wardrobe cause.  Such a good quote by John Lennon.  Green Goddess salad sounds good sans chickpeas.

IMG_2709.jpeg.046b2c62d3fac76e5e6cf93e63566ae7.jpeg

Well yesterday was a bust achievement wise.  Once Ivan came home from grooming, he didn’t sleep.  He was full of it wanting to play fetch, etc and my current roll call was keeping me hopping with changes, emails, etc.  And for whatever reason, I feel weary this morning.  Oh well, I’ll start fresh and see what I can achieve.  I was probably overly ambitious in what I wanted to get done yesterday.

IMG_2710.jpeg.6347a146af5b98b88c4bf528864f5494.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list and those who need thm 🙏. cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 28
  • Haha 6

Green goddess salad with chickpeas - a salad for a hot day. Enjoy whichever version takes your fancy

Green Goddess Salad with Chickpeas

A healthier dressing made with avocados, buttermilk and herbs

image.png.17374a9080597a0c74daff7d182ed0d8.png

Chickpea Green Goddess Salad | Andy's East Coast Kitchen

Greek yogurt features in this recipe and lots of herbs

image.thumb.png.a871609957b106803cde9d92dfdf442e.png

P

https://www.today.com/recipes/green-goddess-salad-grilled-chicken-t296850

No picture, sorry. This recipe toasts the chickpeas and adds grilled chicken cutlets to the dish

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the Daily and maps Rich.  I'll celebrate the National Park Service and second hand clothing.   I made so many visits to the Salvation Army with truck loads of clothing when I moved away from MD.  A very nice quote from John Lennon.   I look forward to photos from Male.  I'll pass on all three comestibles.   Thanks for researching these for us each day ladies.   Thanks for Father Davids words each Sunday @grapau27.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  I hope that you dizziness and lightheadedness are waning.  Prayers for a good trip to Jacksonville for you and Jim @Cruzin Terri.  Prayers for Tana and Terry, Annie and Chuck, Melissa, Bonnie, Sandi's DB and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.   Prayers for the people of Ukraine.   

We had a fun day yesterday although it was a long day.  The Tapas at the Historical Museum event were heavy so only one small plate was all that was needed.  The wines were all organic wines and were quite good.   I hope we can relax today with some fishing.  Have a lovely day everyone.  Nancy 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Getting hot again. Boo. I plan to do a little yard work today. Perhaps some indoor chores as well. Other than that, nothing huge planned except my family Zoom call we do each month. 45 days to go. 

Bon voyage to @dobiemom and @LAFFNVEGAS!

Pin on Cats

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Sunday Lazy Cat GIF - HappySunday LazyCat Lays - Discover & Share ...

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We've got a sunny day in the forecast, with a high of 29C (84F).  We're going to go visit mum this afternoon, not sure what else is on the agenda.

Three good days to celebrate.  I haven't had a whisky sour in ages, maybe next time I'm on a BHB.

Love the quote, John was taken too soon.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink but YES to the wine.  

I haven't been to the Maldives.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.   Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a peaceful day.

• Like 26