The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 26th, 2024

richwmn

44 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Devastating news here. My sister has results from 2 of her biopsies. There was cancer found in a lymph node and she needs to go back next week for more surgery. The other 2 tests are still in a petri dish. 

I am sorry to hear this. I hope the other two are negative.

Susan

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On the “flip side” of Tromso… we were there in February.

lots of snow and ice (spikes needed for walking tour).  Still a beautiful city.

For an hour of silly fun, go to the Troll Museum.

”security” guard to get back on ship

image.thumb.png.09eb4d5e8c8e06a4b4c3eaded99199be.png

Tromso in Feb 

image.thumb.png.21749575c467117b13df5934ed9af443.png

silly fun at the Troll Museum

image.thumb.png.2f767e63453883d14cb17c1207ea205d.png

🙏 to all!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

@dobiemom  phew, you nearly gave me heart palpitations.  Here, if you’re not at the gate by the cut off time, usually twenty minutes you don’t board.  I couldn’t handle that stress,   now relax and enjoy!  

Good  day and thanks all, not sure I can celebrate dog day as our DGdog ate twelve books yesterday, some irreparably damaged.   🤪. But she is a sweetie, proceeded to later eat a wasp and dragonfly.  Not sure if DS is feeding her properly😂

Thanks for the beautiful photos everyone! 

happy anniversary @CrabbyPatti and @jodi58

@ottahand7 yikes on the wolf! 
@ger_77 my sympathy to your DH, hard to lose a friend.  

@Lady Hudson so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend!

@Seasick Sailor sorry to hear the news but things can be done, praying all will be well. 

@Cruising-alongmy understanding is that the new boosters will be arriving soon and this new variant is extremely virulent.  We had the Novavax last time with really no side effects.  Supposed to last longer but it is still awaiting final approval.   We have them every six months due to our age and health.   I too like to separate vaccines.  

@cat shepard Egypt?  How wonderful!  My BFF married a man from Egypt and that was her first trip abroad.  It was mesmerizing. 

DSC_2385.jpeg

IMG_1818.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Devastating news here. My sister has results from 2 of her biopsies. There was cancer found in a lymph node and she needs to go back next week for more surgery. The other 2 tests are still in a petri dish. 

I'm so sorry to hear your sister's news Joy.

Sending positive prayers 🙏 that her surgery next week is successful and the other 2 tests are clear.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! 46 years where does the time go. I still think I am young until I try to keep up with the Grands! LOL

I haven't posted in quite a while, I still check in almost everyday though.  We still haven't re made plans for our 45th Anniversary Panama Canal cruise that we postponed last year while I was caring for Dad, and now having FIL needing assistance with dementia issues  (at least hubby has siblings available to help).

We are hoping for possibly fall of 2025 for Panama, but that date is flexible.  We did however plan a trip to Spain, Portugal and France with some church friends next spring................not a cruise but it will be a fun adventure.  It will be nice as some have been before so will have "inside" information on things to see and do (So much to see and do, it helps to have someone who can help with the highlights!)

Later this week we are going to head to the Oregon coast for a couple of days for our anniversary, I will go on a whale watching trip, but leave hubby on shore..........he says he doesn't need to see whales!  Looking forward to being at the ocean hope we get some good sunsets!

Thank you all again for the anniversary wishes, seeing them really warms my heart.  Hope all of you have a wonderful day. 

Denise

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!
I will celebrate all 3 days today, and will let DS and DDIL know that today is my grand-pups' day.

I don't agree with the quote, will pass on the meal and wine but the drink sounds pretty good.  We've been to Norway but not to Tromso.  Thank you for all the photos. 🙂  

We will get up to the low 70's today, but the rain is coming back tonight and tomorrow.  Then sunshine and mid-high 70's as far as the forecast shows.  I need to get out to do some yardwork before the rain starts.

Asking what the Dailyites think -- we will be traveling later this month (flying) and again in early November for a cruise.  I was going to get a Covid booster, but see that my last one was only 9 months ago.  MyChart says I was due after only 6 months....not sure I agree with that, and my doctor probably wouldn't either.  If the vaccine had changed for current the current variation I would agree, but I don't think it has.  What do you think?  I'm thinking of just getting my annual flu shot and wait closer to one year from my last Covid shot.  

Happy 46th Anniversary Denise @CrabbyPatti!

Happy 46th Anniversary @jodi58!

Gerry @ger_77My condolences on the passing of your DH's friend.  

@Lady Hudson I'm sorry to hear that DH's and your friend has passed away.

Nancy @ottahand7 I'm surprised to hear your DB was released from the hospital so soon.  I hope he's doing ok.  Yikes about the wolf!!  I would have no hesitation to shoot it too, especially if it was after my dog.

Ann @cat shepard I haven't heard much about your upcoming trip to Egypt.  Will you be posting while you're gone?  Would love to hear all about it. 

Carolyn, I have tried to be cautiously optimistic, since the tour needs one more person to sign on before it is a sure thing.  It will be the same companies I did my Iceland trip with in ‘21. The folks who made sure that someone in a cast & on crutches could enjoy Iceland as much as she would be physically able to do. And boy, did I!

Which is why I chose them to finally achieve the trip that has been at the top of my bucket list for decades. 

Sadly in the past, things seemed to heat up in the Middle East just when I was thinking it was safe to go. But this company would make sure as much as their inside-the-country experts can assess - that it is safe to visit.

So a very long way to say, I hope to visit this year. I know when we are in the cities, I should have internet access. And most likely on the Nile cruise. But there are huge chunks of time where I might not. But I would at least try. 

I promise to share more, once it is definite. 🤞🏻

And in the past, there have been some amazing people, who stepped up to cover the wine du jour in my absence. I would definitely make sure that was covered. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  It's a hot one here today, excessive heat warnings are here for today and tomorrow. Got an email from our school today, my favorite Reading Buddies is starting again next week. One hour of reading with 1st, 2nd and  3rd graders!  I need to talk with our new 2nd grade teacher, I think she may be related to my 1st and 2nd grade teacher from MANY years ago!  Thanks for all of the info and pictures.  Prayers for all who need them, and there sure are many lately.  Cheers for those celebrating and cruising.  

The meal sounds interesting...can't say I've ever had that. 

Cooper says "every day is dog day here!"  

image.thumb.jpeg.f182bd63a62ba905ae1fa35f0b131159.jpeg

Have a good day, Karen

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, I am so sorry. For Bonnie, you and the rest of the family. I pray that all cancers are found early & are easily treatable. 

I am with you in spirit. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

My car is telling me that it wants maintenance. This would be the scheduled 15,000 mile servicing. I bought it in August 2018.

Paul, things are a bit different with the 2024 version. It is an annual checkup no matter how many miles - I think I have almost 6,000 on mine. Perhaps it is a PHEV thing. Or a Volvo thing. 

All I know is everything was fine. They even vacuumed all of Bindi’s fur out when they cleaned it. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-along My pharmacist told me today the NEW Covid shot comes out in September.  I got home and read that the NEW Covid shot is aimed towards the newest strain of Covid.  Gettin mine in September.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

@Cruising-alongmy understanding is that the new boosters will be arriving soon and this new variant is extremely virulent.  We had the Novavax last time with really no side effects.  Supposed to last longer but it is still awaiting final approval.   We have them every six months due to our age and health.   I too like to separate vaccines.  

Thank you Annie and Brenda.  I got a swift reply from my clinic, the nurse says I am indeed due for my booster but they don't have any Covid vaccine right now and to check with my pharmacy.  Good to know it's coming out in September, that's perfect for me.  

44 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Carolyn, I have tried to be cautiously optimistic, since the tour needs one more person to sign on before it is a sure thing.  It will be the same companies I did my Iceland trip with in ‘21. The folks who made sure that someone in a cast & on crutches could enjoy Iceland as much as she would be physically able to do. And boy, did I!

Which is why I chose them to finally achieve the trip that has been at the top of my bucket list for decades. 

Sadly in the past, things seemed to heat up in the Middle East just when I was thinking it was safe to go. But this company would make sure as much as their inside-the-country experts can assess - that it is safe to visit.

So a very long way to say, I hope to visit this year. I know when we are in the cities, I should have internet access. And most likely on the Nile cruise. But there are huge chunks of time where I might not. But I would at least try. 

I promise to share more, once it is definite. 🤞🏻

And in the past, there have been some amazing people, who stepped up to cover the wine du jour in my absence. I would definitely make sure that was covered. 

Well I wish I could sign up and help you out 😉  I know what you mean about things heating up.  We were there in 2006 and when we tried to get back again in 2011 it was a no-go.  Now it's on the '26 World itinerary and our fingers are crossed again.  Will keep them crossed for you too!

I got the lawn mowed and edged, finished less than 5 minutes before the rain started.  I'm glad I got out there when I did, the rain wasn't expected for hours.  Now for lunch and cruise planning!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

enjoying all the Tromso photos since I was supposed to go but had to cancel because knee has not recovered enough yet.  oh well.  thanks for the photos.

I'm sorry your had to cancel your cruise.  I hope you knee improves quickly.

41 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Paul, things are a bit different with the 2024 version. It is an annual checkup no matter how many miles - I think I have almost 6,000 on mine. Perhaps it is a PHEV thing. Or a Volvo thing. 

All I know is everything was fine. They even vacuumed all of Bindi’s fur out when they cleaned it. 

Now, that's what I call service, vacuuming out the dog hair.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

enjoying all the Tromso photos since I was supposed to go but had to cancel because knee has not recovered enough yet.  oh well.  thanks for the photos.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your Norway cruise because your knee has not recovered enough yet.

Best wishes for many more cruises for you.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 14

We arrived in Jacksonville about 3:10.  Our hotel room was not yet ready so i used the time to go over to the Mayo Clinic and ask if I could have my blood work this afternoon rather than tomorrow morning.  Fasting is not required for the tests and it would allow me to get an extra hour or two of sleep tomorrow morning.  

They were very nice and accommodated me.  So that worked out well.

What is not making me happy is that I now am able to see the results and they are not good.  It appears that the PMR is showing its ugly face again.  Maybe that is why I am feeling so exhausted all the time.  I was thinking that I was still recovering from Covid.  Maybe it is a bit of both.  However, I don’t want to do all the guessing.  I will wait until I see my doctor tomorrow morning.  However, the results are disappointing to me.

More tomorrow when I know more.

Terri

• Like 6
  • Thanks 17

8 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We arrived in Jacksonville about 3:10.  Our hotel room was not yet ready so i used the time to go over to the Mayo Clinic and ask if I could have my blood work this afternoon rather than tomorrow morning.  Fasting is not required for the tests and it would allow me to get an extra hour or two of sleep tomorrow morning.  

What is not making me happy is that I now am able to see the results and they are not good.  It appears that the PMR is showing its ugly face again.  Maybe that is why I am feeling so exhausted all the time.  I was thinking that I was still recovering from Covid.  Maybe it is a bit of both.  However, I don’t want to do all the guessing.  I will wait until I see my doctor tomorrow morning.  However, the results are disappointing to me.

Terri

Terri, I couldn't like  your post.  I'm glad you arrived safely, and that you could get your blood tests done today.  I'm sorry the results are not as good as you hoped.

Lenda

• Like 14

Good hot and sunny afternoon. Tomorrow is neat 90 and hotter on Wednesday. 
Most of the schools started back today and I am sure they will be dismissing early due to lack of air conditioning in some of the buildings. FWIW, Philadelphia has already announced 63 schools are closing early due to lack of air conditioning. We go thru this every year. They need to go back to starting after Labor Day. 
@Seasick Sailor, Joy , hugs to you and Bonnie as you face this next week. 🙏❤️

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 20

@Cruising-along and others. Our Walgreens has the new vaccine starting the 6th. We are flying to NC on the 5th, so I’ve messaged our doctor to see if they have it sooner. Add us to the list of folks who don’t double up on vaccines. We’ll get Covid shot first, then a couple of weeks later, flu. Then we’re all set for October cruise!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Mine is a Toyota RAV4. Because I drive so little, I am never sure when to have maintenance done.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

If we weren't going to travel this fall I would wait on the flu shot too.  Usually I get it late October-early November. 

As do I, but my next travel isn't until December.

• Like 10

Good afternoon, 

It's a bit overcast and rain is forecasted here for later today. It's been a busy Sunday and Monday. Yesterday my friend and I headed to Canada to see my Mom. No border wait which was nice. DM is doing well but having some balance issues which she'll discuss with the doctor that put in her pacemaker when she sees him on Thursday. We visited, went out to lunch (delicious seafood cannelloni and caesar salad) and they brought DM a small homemade cake with a candle in it. She was quite pleased. We also took her to get her lottery tickets (winning ones of course) and then to get scones at the local bakery. All in all it was a good day and a good visit. I left home at 9 AM and got back at 6 PM 

My friend, the other Karen, who was on Discovery Princess with me ended up with Covid and her husband caught it from her. She's on the mend but he ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. He's coming along but I hate that this is on her "Cruise memory". 

Today was the pool for water aerobics, a couple of stops including two cobs of fresh corn (I'll do one tonight in the air fryer) and now home. My son is supposed to be by this afternoon so I have the "son-do" list ready! 

Have a great rest of the day! 

Karen

• Like 19

Good evening everyone!  We had a good day for flying, and our checked bag flew on our plane and not ahead of time.  Our driver was ready for us even though we arrived EARLY in Atlanta.  It's good to be home and back to our usual routines.  Miss our DS and DGS though! 🥰

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear the latest development for Bonnie.  I hope the next 2 tests are negative.  Prayers sent for your DS every day.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

Terri I hope your results so far aren't as bad as feared.  Prayers for good visits tomorrow.  

• Like 19