The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 28th, 2024

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  The weather this morning is a temp of 68F and clear.  High today will be 94 and sunny. Last night we were privileged to watch 5 deer including a fawn outside our back windows munching on the vegetation on the slope behind us.  I missed them while we were out of town.  Yesterday afternoon I bumped my little toe on an ottoman leg and gosh darn it hurts like heck. I forgot to wrap myself up in bubble wrap!

First I want to thank Rich @richwmn for preparing the Daily and Fleet Report for me while he is absent.  I’m sorry the maps don’t have the ship’s names on them but I still don’t have that skill.  Today we recognize power rangers, being thoughtful and weeding out hate.  I have no feelings towards power rangers but do like thoughtfulness and ridding the world of hate. I think the quote is questionable.  If you like crab rolls, today's your day!  I'll pass on the drink and wine.  Two great days in history especially the I Have a Dream speech. Thank you Eva @superoma, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your great food and beverage reports.

Prayers for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our men and women in uniform in that dangerous region.  Many prayers for our Care list individuals including Joy’s DS Bonnie, Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Ann and Pat, Melisa and her DH, Nancy’s DB, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Jane’s DS, Vanessa, Terri and Jim.  My apologies if I’ve forgotten or missed someone.  Praying for improvement for you all!  Congrats to all our cruisers, those preparing to cruise, and everyone celebrating a special occasion in their lives.  Thank you so much Vanessa @JazzyV for your work in keeping the lists updated!

Today’s port is Castries, Saint Lucia.  This was the port of the day before on Oct. 3, 2021 and Oct. 25, 2023.  I’ll post the links for everyone to help retrieve your prior photos.  I have some to share from our visits there too.

Have an excellent day, and try to stay safe and keep well.  Safe travels to all!

Aren't chair legs terrible?  I broke a toe doing that a few years ago.  Folding chairs are especially problematic, the legs stick out a lot further than a permanent piece of furniture.  

On the news front, let's see, speaking of furniture, the patio chairs and kindle arrived at the same time, now that I'm not caregiving I'm catching up on several years of reading.  I moped the last few months watching a lot of movies and that's starting to get old.  And right on queue, the summer weather has returned for hopefully an extended encore, I'm not quite ready for fall yet.  But it's coming, after an especially rainy August today was the first day in a while without a marine layer and the sun was definitely in a different position.  We're being told a very wet winter is ahead.

I still miss Dear Dad terribly.  I talk to the cat a lot.  The estate inventory was completed last month and now we're dealing with the liabilities, there aren't any of course, but legally creditors have a full four months.  After that ends in October, it'll stay fairly quiet until tax season, then the beneficiaries can be paid and hopefully probate can be closed in April, a full year after his passing.  They aren't kidding when they say probates can go on and on and on, which some lasting as long as 2 or 3 years, so I guess we're lucky if it's only 1.

Well I hope everybody has a nice day!

~B 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

I think i am about to go down for a nap.  during lunch I got completely and utterly exhausted.

Lungs doing ok, of course, i have to quit smoking.  its the sane thing to do.  but the mass is not back, that I had last spring, and the nodules are doing things like normal nodules , and not gathering for summer fest.  my breathing test was the same he said, but i have no idea what that same is, but back again in 4 months for another one, and next july another x ray on the lungs.  

An hour of sleep should help.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  Special nods to those filling in, Sandi, Eva  I’m enjoying the beautiful photos of St Lucia,  we very much enjoyed the views of the Pitons and the snorkelling  until we got stung by jellyfish.  I applied the local spiced rum topically and it cleared up quickly, DH applied internally and his stings were visible for a month.  Something @grapau27is safe from🤔. Also have to ask, I like my toast warm with the butter melting?  

@Haljo1935 yikes!  I literally felt your pain!  Once was enough, I drink lemon or lime daily and take apple cider vinegar if I feel any twinges, so far, so good! 

@aliaschief 
I’m sure you’ll greatly enjoy Poipu, we’ve stayed there a couple of times and it’s lovely.  

@richwmn glad you’re safely on the way!  I’m so excited for you,  Japan was one of our favourite trips ever!   I hope to follow along! 

@marshhawk hope all goes well,  glad to hear they mostly did!  

@Cruzin Terri glad the news was better, I’ve found that too, I get results and worry and my PCP puts things in perspective.  I had a similar injury to my rotator cuff and it healed very well.  Wishing you the same. 

1 hour ago, quilty964 said:

Good morning all.  It's a bit cooler today but still feels humid.  It's kind of dreary and dark out, but no rain is in the forecast for now.  We got our new Bosch dishwasher yesterday.  Seems you have to watch you tube to figure out how things work.  We've always rinsed well, this one says to scrape, not rinse.  It has sensors to sense how dirty the dishes are?  How does it do that??  It also connects to WI FI, and it seems the rinse cycle is only available on the connect app!  Can't figure out how to get the WI FI connected! 🤔🤪

Thanks for the reports and recipes today.  Haven't been to the port.  The meal sounds good.  I try to be thoughtful, and we should all weed out hate.  

@Haljo1935Hoping you are feeling ok today.  

@smitty34877Good to hear that Tana is requesting food! 

@RMLincolnWelcome home, hoping your cruise was great fun! 

@richwmnSafe travels and enjoy your adventure! 

@grapau27Thanks for sharing your beach and food photos!  We're close to a lake, but it doesn't look like your sea! 

@marshhawkThinking of you as you as you have MD appointments today.

Prayers that all have a good day today.    

lol on the Bosch!  We just got one a month ago and absolutely love it.  But I am not doing an app for my DW.  So far so good without rinsing!  

Sadly,  we’re back on the highest water restrictions again.  They are very worried we will run out.  I am just so annoyed at the people who didn’t follow any of even the lighter restrictions like watering only two days a week.  Argggh!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your accident with your toe Sandi.

Hopefully you will be fine quickly.

Thank you Graham!

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Of course I have to pop in here now that you are on daily duty again, I had wondered who was going to be doing it, 60 days or so is quite a commitment.

Bruno, please pop in anytime!

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Aren't chair legs terrible?  I broke a toe doing that a few years ago.  Folding chairs are especially problematic, the legs stick out a lot further than a permanent piece of furniture.  

On the news front, let's see, speaking of furniture, the patio chairs and kindle arrived at the same time, now that I'm not caregiving I'm catching up on several years of reading.  I moped the last few months watching a lot of movies and that's starting to get old.  And right on queue, the summer weather has returned for hopefully an extended encore, I'm not quite ready for fall yet.  But it's coming, after an especially rainy August today was the first day in a while without a marine layer and the sun was definitely in a different position.  We're being told a very wet winter is ahead.

I still miss Dear Dad terribly.  I talk to the cat a lot.  The estate inventory was completed last month and now we're dealing with the liabilities, there aren't any of course, but legally creditors have a full four months.  After that ends in October, it'll stay fairly quiet until tax season, then the beneficiaries can be paid and hopefully probate can be closed in April, a full year after his passing.  They aren't kidding when they say probates can go on and on and on, which some lasting as long as 2 or 3 years, so I guess we're lucky if it's only 1.

Well I hope everybody has a nice day!

~B 

I'm glad you are getting back to reading (including the Daily).  Sorry it takes so long to get through probate though.  Just keep talking to the cat!  I bet you wouldn't be the only one who does that here.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Special nods to those filling in, Sandi, Eva  I’m enjoying the beautiful photos of St Lucia,  we very much enjoyed the views of the Pitons and the snorkelling  until we got stung by jellyfish.  I applied the local spiced rum topically and it cleared up quickly, DH applied internally and his stings were visible for a month.  Something @grapau27is safe from🤔. Also have to ask, I like my toast warm with the butter melting?  

@Haljo1935 yikes!  I literally felt your pain!  Once was enough, I drink lemon or lime daily and take apple cider vinegar if I feel any twinges, so far, so good! 

@aliaschief 
I’m sure you’ll greatly enjoy Poipu, we’ve stayed there a couple of times and it’s lovely.  

@richwmn glad you’re safely on the way!  I’m so excited for you,  Japan was one of our favourite trips ever!   I hope to follow along! 

@Cruzin Terri glad the news was better, I’ve found that too, I get results and worry and my PCP puts things in perspective.  I had a similar injury to my rotator cuff and it healed very well.  Wishing you the same. 

lol on the Bosch!  We just got one a month ago and absolutely love it.  But I am not doing an app for my DW.  So far so good without rinsing!  

Sadly,  we’re back on the highest water restrictions again.  They are very worried we will run out.  I am just so annoyed at the people who didn’t follow any of even the lighter restrictions like watering only two days a week.  Argggh!  

Hi Brenda.

The toasted fruit bread was warm when I put the butter and jam on.

I have never snorkled and never been in the sea for 50+ years.

We went to Castries St Lucia on Crown Princess in January 2007.

When on Holiday I used to use the hotel swimming pool.

I'm pleased the local Rum poured on your jellyfish stings worked.

We do like a Pina Colada at least once on a ship which has rum in it but it is the coconut flavour we like and prefer the non alcoholic version of Pina Colada now.

Sorry to hear you are on water restrictions.

Graham.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@quilty964  We have a new Bosch this year. I loved the old one; it didn't die but was murdered when DH fell into it. Most fortunately HE was uninjured. 
Yes, the new one has the app, which I agree is a bit odd. I don't use the app for anything except that it lets me know when the cycle is finished. I did not even know that was a feature I would need, and I still don't!  Also, the app does let me know when the rinse agent is out and when it's time to run the clean cycle. It's pretty much a solution in search of a problem. 
I have found the scrape and run works well. Many of our loads are not baked on dirty, and for those I use the 1-hour cycle, and about a half of the detergent cup with dishwasher liquid. For really grimy stuff, I use Auto, and a gel tab. This is the first one I've had with the upper silverware rack which is really handy, but I've found that what I put up there needs to be more thoroughly scraped and rinsed than the two main racks. 

I sound like a Home Ec teacher, or worse yet, an appliance salesperson!  Forgive me. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to St. Lucia many times, but only twice when we had a digital camera.  We stopped there in 2000 on the Oriana and in 2015 on the Ruby Princess.  We've also been there on the Noordam III and the Ryndam.

We have always rented a car or hired a taxi and driven to Soufriere.  Twice when the ship was in port longer, we have continued on around the southern tip of the island and then across the island back to Castries.  In 2015, that part of the plan was derailed because of a flat tire.  It took a while to find a place to repair the tire, but we still made it to Soufriere and on to our favorite stop, the Ladera Resort and Dasheen Restaurant.

Thompson Celebration (AKA Noordam III) greeted us when we arrived in Castries in 2015.

DSC02106.thumb.JPG.5fe7e359a86f53a7a64324f90d4e85e7.JPG

Castries from our balcony

DSC02107.thumb.JPG.45f62743b2d860e953f8fce314300770.JPG

Ladera Resort and Dasheen Restaurant are just off the road south of Soufriere.  The resort is situated so you look out between the Pitons and down on Sugar Beach.  We've toured the resort and all the rooms face the water, and are open on the water side, even the bathrooms.  However, the tubs/showers have shower curtains on both sides.  These were all taken from Dasheen.

DSC02109.thumb.JPG.e9780fa0ec8fbae99a5032ca80660633.JPG

DSC02119.thumb.JPG.1688675a2082e9ce819d764c9e326579.JPG

DSC02112.thumb.JPG.61397230007b5999ea517d130155f114.JPG

DSC02122.thumb.JPG.a1d6d5c93b11e9a2f2e7ce7185249ae4.JPG

DSC02125.thumb.JPG.2b22b3148c0a864abb35af933bf3bde8.JPG

The hotel

DSC02127.thumb.JPG.bb6dd6929b9e190f5f9563d5cae88a81.JPG

Their gardens and a memorial to 9/11 in the gardens

DSC02121.thumb.JPG.2403ab91f654c3a9979e42872ccaaa87.JPG

DSC02126.thumb.JPG.1ad53ca0bf2da81df745a2596b427894.JPG

Soufriere

DSC02128.thumb.JPG.d7aaff52dc3b69efe1b451d01ce4acaa.JPG

DSC02130.thumb.JPG.3c8d47694821e0d024238ac32d74800d.JPG

DSC02132.thumb.JPG.81469f11a16df43801a3ea0214ee4808.JPG

Coast lines

P1150093.thumb.JPG.c7eeeed442c0e5f63c6a6f1e73fad208.JPG

P1150100.thumb.JPG.f76947b2274b2db9eacb175363807dfe.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I think i am about to go down for a nap.  during lunch I got completely and utterly exhausted.

Lungs doing ok, of course, i have to quit smoking.  its the sane thing to do.  but the mass is not back, that I had last spring, and the nodules are doing things like normal nodules , and not gathering for summer fest.  my breathing test was the same he said, but i have no idea what that same is, but back again in 4 months for another one, and next july another x ray on the lungs.  

Annie @marshhawk.

Please do your health a massive favour and stop Smoking.

The money you save will be a big help too.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, thanks for the fleet Report and Daily!  I've watched a number of Power Rangers episodes with our DGS's; don't think I need to watch any more.  I prefer the Smurfs.  It does pay to be thoughtful and I wish people would be thoughtful more often - it would be a better world.  Yep on weeding out hate; hate is a terrible thing.  I disagree with today's quote.

Late to the party today because we had to be up and out of the house early - today was DH's graduation from his cardiac rehab program, so we needed to get to the Field House, do our walking and then the cycling before the "ceremony" began.  He received a certificate and everyone went up to get theirs to the accompaniment of "Pomp and Circumstance".  It was sweet.  The only things missing were caps and gowns.  LOL  Now we start paying for the program which in itself is very inexpensive, so we'll pay monthly fees to continue to use the facility and have the surpervision of the rehab therapists and the doctors and nurses who have offices there.  

This afternoon DH has gone out for coffee with his band mates early as my godson is coming over for a visit.  Haven't seen him since last summer, and his wife had to return to Singapore to deal with a family matter there (aging mother), so he's flying solo this time.  It'll still be nice to catch up on what's been going on in his life.

@Haljo1935I hope the passing of the stone wasn't too painful!

@marshhawkglad your appointment went well and things haven't changed for the worse for you.

@StLouisCruisersthanks for stepping in for Rich and ouch on the toe - I've done that and it's really painful! 

@smitty34877SO glad to hear Tana's requesting special foods - maybe the edibles are helping in that respect!

@richwmnsafe travels to Seattle today - sounds like you're starting off well.

Not much else going on here today, but I'll pass on the drink of the day, would prefer today's wine at @kochleffel's price point, and I'd love a crab roll.  I don't have to worry about dinner today because my godson said he's bringing something over . . . bet it's KFC as his wife doesn't care for it at all.  I'll be supplementing it with more Greek salad, as we were gifted several cucumbers from neighbours and had lots of small tomatoes in the fridge to help out.  Whatever we'll eat, it'll be enjoyed along with DH and the company of a fine young man on our deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in pain, grief, turmoil and stress.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing! ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Both Haggen Pharmacy and Costco here say they won't get the newest Covid vaccine for another 3-5 weeks...and they don't know anyone who has gotten the new one.  So I hope Ray @USN59-79 did indeed get the newest vaccine.  That will be a little late for our travels unless it's closer to 3 weeks and not 5, so I hope they get it sooner, or maybe we should take a drive over Ray's way. 😉 

Also we just realized that Bumbershoot is this weekend in Seattle (besides being Labor Day weekend) and we were planning to meet Rich @richwmn at Seattle Center which will be in the thick of it....😲It will be a zoo!  So DH is contacting Rich now to make alternate plans.  Geesh, when it rains it pours! 

I'm marinating chicken for the Lebanese kabob recipe we had the other day.  Hope we like it!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

I got mine at the Silverdale Costco Pharmacy.  They didn't have them last week when we got our flu shots, but just got them yesterday morning.  Almost no reaction from it today.

Here is a suggestion for Seattle visitors.  The new Ocean Pavilion addition to the Seattle Aquarium on the waterfront opens tomorrow, August 29.  Looks like it might be worth a visit.

Hope this helps.

Ray

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

Aren't chair legs terrible?  I broke a toe doing that a few years ago.

The older generation of my family was always breaking toes on the legs of furniture. Most of them couldn't keep their shoes on inside (I mean that they slipped them off and then were too impatient to put them back on, not that they didn't allow shoes indoors).

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@aliaschief 

We have been going every other year to our timeshare in Poipu since 2008. It’s our happy place but cruising is our happiest venture.

• Like 18

Good afternoon, 

Quick note as I have to get out of the house again shortly and head north to Bellingham. It's haircut time (and oh do I need it!) and my stylist has moved to the JC Penney up there. 

Today was water aerobics, I picked up corn-on-the-cob and I stopped at Fred Meyer and got both my flu and Covid vaccines. The covid was Pfizer which is fine. My others were all Moderna. However, with less than 10 days to cruise I wanted to be covered. 

This afternoon is heading north and while I'm up there I may stop at Barnes and Noble as I have a long overdue gift card to use. 

It's sunny, quite breezy, and overall a very pleasant day. 

Karen

• Like 23

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Sandi, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Today we have the physical therapist doing a home visit. Sue is bringing DSIL home temporarily to see what equipment she will need. She will probably be released sometime between tomorrow and Saturday according to the rehab center director.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Jack, I hope all went well today with DSIL and the physical therapist visit to help prepare for your DSIL's release from rehab later this week.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Annie, I'm glad the doctor's appointment went well, and that the x-ray showed everything looked good with no mass returning.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, thanks for the fleet Report and Daily!  I've watched a number of Power Rangers episodes with our DGS's; don't think I need to watch any more.  I prefer the Smurfs.  It does pay to be thoughtful and I wish people would be thoughtful more often - it would be a better world.  Yep on weeding out hate; hate is a terrible thing.  I disagree with today's quote.

Late to the party today because we had to be up and out of the house early - today was DH's graduation from his cardiac rehab program, so we needed to get to the Field House, do our walking and then the cycling before the "ceremony" began.  He received a certificate and everyone went up to get theirs to the accompaniment of "Pomp and Circumstance".  It was sweet.  The only things missing were caps and gowns.  LOL  Now we start paying for the program which in itself is very inexpensive, so we'll pay monthly fees to continue to use the facility and have the surpervision of the rehab therapists and the doctors and nurses who have offices there.  

This afternoon DH has gone out for coffee with his band mates early as my godson is coming over for a visit.  Haven't seen him since last summer, and his wife had to return to Singapore to deal with a family matter there (aging mother), so he's flying solo this time.  It'll still be nice to catch up on what's been going on in his life.

@Haljo1935I hope the passing of the stone wasn't too painful!

@marshhawkglad your appointment went well and things haven't changed for the worse for you.

@StLouisCruisersthanks for stepping in for Rich and ouch on the toe - I've done that and it's really painful! 

@smitty34877SO glad to hear Tana's requesting special foods - maybe the edibles are helping in that respect!

@richwmnsafe travels to Seattle today - sounds like you're starting off well.

Not much else going on here today, but I'll pass on the drink of the day, would prefer today's wine at @kochleffel's price point, and I'd love a crab roll.  I don't have to worry about dinner today because my godson said he's bringing something over . . . bet it's KFC as his wife doesn't care for it at all.  I'll be supplementing it with more Greek salad, as we were gifted several cucumbers from neighbours and had lots of small tomatoes in the fridge to help out.  Whatever we'll eat, it'll be enjoyed along with DH and the company of a fine young man on our deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in pain, grief, turmoil and stress.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing! ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, congratulations to your DH on his graduation from cardiac rehab.  Enjoy your visit with your godson.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Both Haggen Pharmacy and Costco here say they won't get the newest Covid vaccine for another 3-5 weeks...and they don't know anyone who has gotten the new one.  So I hope Ray @USN59-79 did indeed get the newest vaccine.  That will be a little late for our travels unless it's closer to 3 weeks and not 5, so I hope they get it sooner, or maybe we should take a drive over Ray's way. 😉 

Also we just realized that Bumbershoot is this weekend in Seattle (besides being Labor Day weekend) and we were planning to meet Rich @richwmn at Seattle Center which will be in the thick of it....😲It will be a zoo!  So DH is contacting Rich now to make alternate plans.  Geesh, when it rains it pours! 

I'm marinating chicken for the Lebanese kabob recipe we had the other day.  Hope we like it!

Carolyn, I hope you can find a good alternate place to visit with Rich while he is in Seattle.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

I got mine at the Silverdale Costco Pharmacy.  They didn't have them last week when we got our flu shots, but just got them yesterday morning.  Almost no reaction from it today.

Here is a suggestion for Seattle visitors.  The new Ocean Pavilion addition to the Seattle Aquarium on the waterfront opens tomorrow, August 29.  Looks like it might be worth a visit.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Thanks Ray.

45 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

got both my flu and Covid vaccines. The covid was Pfizer which is fine. My others were all Moderna. However, with less than 10 days to cruise I wanted to be covered. 

Karen can you tell me where you got the Covid vaccine? Was it the Fred Meyer in Sedro Wooley? It would be much easier for us to drive north than over to Silverdale. We have family up that way anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I hope you can find a good alternate place to visit with Rich while he is in Seattle.

Lenda the plan now is to meet him at his hotel and get dinner -- we're just kind of winging it.  It's a shame Seattle Center will be such a zoo this weekend, but glad we realized it before going.  We've met up with Rich before in Seattle and done the Pike Place thing and a few other things.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 18

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

But it's supposed to rain for Bumbershoot 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Ray.

Karen can you tell me where you got the Covid vaccine? Was it the Fred Meyer in Sedro Wooley? It would be much easier for us to drive north than over to Silverdale. We have family up that way anyway. 

Lenda the plan now is to meet him at his hotel and get dinner -- we're just kind of winging it.  It's a shame Seattle Center will be such a zoo this weekend, but glad we realized it before going.  We've met up with Rich before in Seattle and done the Pike Place thing and a few other things.

There'd have to be a lot more waiting for me than a covid shot to get me to drive all the way to Silverdale.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

Quick note as I have to get out of the house again shortly and head north to Bellingham. It's haircut time (and oh do I need it!) and my stylist has moved to the JC Penney up there. 

Today was water aerobics, I picked up corn-on-the-cob and I stopped at Fred Meyer and got both my flu and Covid vaccines. The covid was Pfizer which is fine. My others were all Moderna. However, with less than 10 days to cruise I wanted to be covered. 

This afternoon is heading north and while I'm up there I may stop at Barnes and Noble as I have a long overdue gift card to use. 

It's sunny, quite breezy, and overall a very pleasant day. 

Karen

Bellevue Square is getting a brand new Barnes & Noble, in case you're down this way.  It's a great holiday shopping alternative.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, atexsix said:

But it's supposed to rain for Bumbershoot 🙂

Not this year LOL! 

18 minutes ago, atexsix said:

There'd have to be a lot more waiting for me than a covid shot to get me to drive all the way to Silverdale.

Me too, Bruno.  Years ago we lived over there -- I know how far it is to drive.  We're not big fans of the ferry so we usually drove (to see family and friends here, no other reason).  

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Not this year LOL! 

Me too, Bruno.  Years ago we lived over there -- I know how far it is to drive.  We're not big fans of the ferry so we usually drove (to see family and friends here, no other reason).  

I have a lot of family in central Kitsap, some of whom are "hinting" about moving closer.  And I'm "hinting" about not and the Washington State ferry mess is one of the reasons why.  

Edit: not to mention the awful memories of driving from Issaquah to Bonney Lake for my two Covid shots, that was how far out I needed to go for availability.  

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 7

So today was a sea day ( our last 😫) and the decks were closed most of the day due to high winds. Despite that, the ride has been pretty smooth. 

And being the last sea day, it’s also a Gala night, and we’re due for the Chocolate Surprise in another hour and a half. Being we also had Cake me Away at noon, I think we’ve had enough sugar today. Maybe. 

DH did well on his first “indoor day at sea” and said at dinner the cruise seemed short. (Agreed). 

So ready for another installment of food porn?

Here’s dinner:

IMG_5698.thumb.jpeg.4ed5a4fd0eeb6675788550b2da2b3867.jpeg

IMG_5700.thumb.jpeg.22c2e8b6cac8160298847ce255cd56c3.jpeg

IMG_5702.thumb.jpeg.55a53042a62ba94a4a90d7002dea3705.jpeg

Beef Tenderloin Oscar with Crab

IMG_5704.thumb.jpeg.da4c425b1d570f3ecafba6fcbd438653.jpeg
Grilled Chicken 

IMG_5705.thumb.jpeg.583e8940048fce223556f9da40d43078.jpeg

And a little “twist” on appetizers from last dressy night.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3