Umbrellas

Can we bring the ship-provided umbrellas off the boat at ports? I'm more concerned with sun than rain, but will bring an alternate umbrella if they aren't allowed off. Thanks!

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes. You can take them off the ship.

Bruce we never knew that about   taking the umbrellas off the ship . We are not big on  sunbathing at a beach ,so it is not for us ;however ,that is a interesting   piece of information for thoae that need the shade

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes. And if you don't have one in you cabin, they're available at the gangway when you scan off.

I recall them being on the gangway at ports with potential for rain. For the OP looking for using one for shade, I don't think they have them available on the gangway for the sunny day ports.

I have never used one the HAL umbrella's for shade, but, if you have a good UV umbrella I would still take that with you as the HAL umbrella's are standard rain umbrellas. They provide some sun protection - but it's not as good as UV umbrella (speaking from experience with UV umbrellas used when golfing)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Can you bring those umbrellas home, or do they charge you for it?

Ship use only, not meant as a take-a-way. But you could inquire at Guest Services (or your Cabin Steward) as you can for blankets and robes.

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Ship use only, not meant as a take-a-way. But you could inquire at Guest Services (or your Cabin Steward) as you can for blankets and robes.

They have everything on sale now - dishes, robes, coffee, salt.  I am waiting for a hardtack sale 

• Haha 1