Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kankle report, all good. 

Are you doing anything different? I gotta do something mine are getting bad on the cruises. I am seeing my doc this week and may have hime put me on a different blood pressure med as the one that I am currently on does cause edema.

Love the anniversary gifts in the cabin. Again Happy Anniversary!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Rolling Stones trivia now in Bolaros. 

We didn’t win but were contenders. Also did general trivia and Olympic Trivia. That’s what you do on a rain day on the ship. 

There was enough rain and some lightning that they closed the aft sports deck and shut down the flowrider. All said we still had a great day keeping occupied.

We have Hibachi at 7 and comedy at 10. We plan on eating cake between the two events. 

Fingers crossed to a sunny day tomorrow. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few random things were in our cabin last night.

Not sure if the mask is to spice up 20 years of marriage?  If so, what are the slippers for?

IMG_6443.thumb.jpeg.a3247cf8191cf3916294f1784f32e8cc.jpeg

IMG_6445.thumb.jpeg.60a36b4fce5f637eac29b0501338d45b.jpeg

We got the slippers too.  Wear the slippers and your robe to top tier.  I strongly considered it but didn’t have the cojones. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Are you doing anything different? I gotta do something mine are getting bad on the cruises. I am seeing my doc this week and may have hime put me on a different blood pressure med as the one that I am currently on does cause edema.

Amlodipine?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amlodipine?

Yep that’s the one. Doc had me on 10mg but after I told him I was having problems on cruises with severe cankles he backed it off to 5mg. Still have the problem only on cruises with rich food and alcohol every day. Never happens at home. 

George on CC had problems too and his doc switched his meds to

Potassium CL Er 10mg

Furosemide 40m

and has reported great results. I see my doctor this week and was going to ask him about it.

What do you think?

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amlodipine?

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yep that’s the one. Doc had me on 10mg but after I told him I was having problems on cruises with severe cankles he backed it off to 5mg. Still have the problem only on cruises with rich food and alcohol every day. Never happens at home. 

Potassium CL Er 10mg

Furosemide 40m

and has reported great results. I see my doctor this week and was going to ask him about it.

What do you think?

Interesting.  Not to derail this fine thread (too much), but I'm on Enalapril and only get a little edema on long airplane flights when I can't do much walking around...but I'd bet that is also caused by some poor circulation due to my Cauda Equina/nerve issues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Potassium CL Er 10mg

Furosemide 40m

What do you think?

Furosemide is a diuretic. I put my mother on it for every cruise she goes on. Much better than listening to her complain about the ankles. The drug does wash potassium out into the urine. That is the reason for the suppliment.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Interesting.  Not to derail this fine thread (too much), but I'm on Enalapril and only get a little edema on long airplane flights when I can't do much walking around...but I'd bet that is also caused by some poor circulation due to my Cauda Equina/nerve issues.

Enalapril does not cause the same issue with ankle edema. Pump your feet up and down if you can't get up and walk while on the plane. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Furosemide is a diuretic. I put my mother on it for every cruise she goes on. Much better than listening to her complain about the ankles. The drug does wash potassium out into the urine. That is the reason for the suppliment.

Thanks OB that sounds promising. I also got some compression stockings that I can wear in the evenings with pants on to try.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks OB that sounds promising. I also got some compression stockings that I can wear in the evenings with pants on to try.

That is also a good option. Just so you know, they should go up above your knee or they can act like tourniquets.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is also a good option. Just so you know, they should go up above your knee or they can act like tourniquets.

I ended up ordering some Bombas compression socks.

https://shop.bombas.com/products/mens-compression-calf-sock-3-pack?variant=multi&size=m&utm_content=everyday_compression&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMAX-PLA_PMax_Compression-Sock-ACQ-NONE&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=17163803435&cq_net=x&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwxNW2BhAkEiwA24Cm9MZvolf94l-_yfm84gXxJ_6NJ4Sx8fu-WTKbx1RLhJrKmLuy6AgC5xoCH0sQAvD_BwE

Look at them and give me your opinion if you think they would work? I still have my hospital grade compression stockings that go up to my upper thigh. Not crazy about wearing those as they can be uncomfortable. I will take any suggestions you might have. Thank you my friend.

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I ended up ordering some Bombas compression socks.

https://shop.bombas.com/products/mens-compression-calf-sock-3-pack?variant=multi&size=m&utm_content=everyday_compression&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMAX-PLA_PMax_Compression-Sock-ACQ-NONE&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=17163803435&cq_net=x&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwxNW2BhAkEiwA24Cm9MZvolf94l-_yfm84gXxJ_6NJ4Sx8fu-WTKbx1RLhJrKmLuy6AgC5xoCH0sQAvD_BwE

Look at them and give me your opinion if you think they would work? I still have my hospital grade compression stockings that go up to my upper thigh. Not crazy about wearing those as they can be uncomfortable. I will take any suggestions you might have. Thank you my friend.

Could be OK. I'm not a big fan of compression stocking that end below the knee.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Could be OK. I'm not a big fan of compression stocking that end below the knee.

Thanks I will search around and see if there is something better.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is not really a hijack when it's all in the family. Now, if it was someone else's thread...

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry Andrew for the hijack! My bad.

The kankle family is one no wants to be a member of. So far mine are OK. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The kankle family is one no wants to be a member of. So far mine are OK. 

I didn't mean family as in ankle family, more like in Dani's thread family.🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I should qualify my statement as I love my family here on CC, FOB and Dani’s thread. This cankle thing has really inhibited me enjoying cruising. Starts out ok but towards the end of the cruise my feet are so sore and tender. I can’t even fit into my shoes very well. I guess if I didn’t like good food and drink I wouldn’t have this problem.

• Like 2