Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

Tomorrow we have to be on the pier at 9:15 in the morning and we are headed to Hideaway Beach Club. It’s gonna be interesting to see what the place is like.

• Like 6

On 9/1/2024 at 5:37 PM, Yorkvillain said:

IMG_2030.thumb.jpeg.66657beaf34ae28cbd89ec9a3a1fa8ea.jpeg

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It was in the Wind Jammer embarkation day. 

I was hoping to keep DH out of the Windjammer on embarkation day.  Apparently that’s not going to happen. I don’t think I want to tell him in advance though. If I tell him and for some reason they don’t have this shrimp and lobster on Wonder Sunday we would be very disappointed. If they do, he will be a very happy husband! 😍

Andrew, glad you and Lisa and the rest of your gang had some decent weather in our home port, Canaveral. It’s been a bit rainy around here lately. The last time we has as much water in the retention ditch in the back of our house I was joking that they  could float Symphony, at the time the largest cruise ship, right up to our back door. Probably wouldn't have worked though. Lots of water but not very deep.

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow we have to be on the pier at 9:15 in the morning and we are headed to Hideaway Beach Club. It’s gonna be interesting to see what the place is like.

It is going to be interesting to read your opinion.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was at Hideaway Beach Club in February. Overall I really liked it. There were reports that the music is offensively loud, but I don’t think it is? I loved the adult only concept for sure (no offence to those with littles). There weren’t huge lines for food and that was a plus. The only real unfavourable comment I’ll make is that if you’re a pool person and want a lounger in the sun, you need to be the first one there. While loungers are generally plentiful there is a very limited number in the sun by mid day. The cabanas looked lovely, if you’ve booked one I’m sure you’ll love it. Enjoy your day!!

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1264.jpeg

• Like 12

Good morning and welcome to CoCo Cay.Day. 

To Owen, it is known as welcome to grade 12. If grandma gets a first day of school photo I’ll post it here.  

• Like 17

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Why do you have to be on the pier at a certain time?🤔 It is an easy walk from the pier to Hideaway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why do you have to be on the pier at a certain time?🤔 It is an easy walk from the pier to Hideaway.

There is a shuttle from the end of the pier to the Hideaway. We will walk the pier like normal, to get the ear worm song stuck in our head. 

Our group has decided to meet on the pier at 9:15 but one can head over as soon as the gangway has dropped.  Yorkvillain has organized a cabana and we are so grateful to be just following along. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Easy there. I’ve only lost one. 

Maybe it decided to leave me. 😆

Didn't we talk about getting a leash back then to prevent any further mishaps?  Maybe that was Greg.  I think I'd have mine attached to something rock solid as a backup to the mount.

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We've got one of the Hideaway Beach cabanas with the pool in front booked for November.  I'm hoping that the music isn't as loud away from the main pool.  I'm interested in what you think.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is a shuttle from the end of the pier to the Hideaway. We will walk the pier like normal, to get the ear worm song stuck in our head. 

Our group has decided to meet on the pier at 9:15 but one can head over as soon as the gangway has dropped.  Yorkvillain has organized a cabana and we are so grateful to be just following along. 

Also interested in your take on Hideaway.   Do you know if the pool is heated?   Not that you would need it heated this time of year, but we will be at CocoCay three times in January.  That was what was nice about the Beach Club that time of year.  Oasis pool was cold, as was the ocean. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And jus6 like that grade 12 is starting for Owen. 

IMG_1841.thumb.jpeg.54939384c6ebbbe22aa0023babffa8ac.jpeg

IMG_1842.thumb.jpeg.a9b0b3a48259de59ff6591e9e1b95c82.jpeg

Wow that was fast! Have a great senior year Owen!,

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Didn't we talk about getting a leash back then to prevent any further mishaps?  Maybe that was Greg.  I think I'd have mine attached to something rock solid as a backup to the mount.

Ever since my Go Pro drop from Liberty I have tethered my Go Pro with a safety strap so if the mount fails I won’t lose the camera.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

In next year’s pictures he’ll be heading off to college😲!!

Next year-

The 13th grade. 

Many a tear shed at first as they leave the nest. 
Took awhile but then …….a new stage of life for us.  
But then the family closeness becomes so much stronger even though I never thought it could be more than what we already share - when they return home on breaks. 

💕

• Like 8

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let me help you get that started…

🎶 Perfect day, Perfect day, Perfect daaaaay,  … CoCo Caaaayyy🎶  You’re welcome 😇 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I see you, but you aren’t too Hidden-away. 

IMG_6580.thumb.jpeg.f05638abfa900c10f276593b7ec3b327.jpeg

If you have a cabana make sure you let the driver know and they will drop you off at the second stop, not the first one. 

IMG_6582.thumb.jpeg.1454971418d34e4140e5421c5ec204d5.jpeg

Home for the day. 

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.494a3f3cc3ca5de2135e39cdb5efe6c5.jpeg

The entire vibe is amazing. 

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.ddcb0697735aace4559a8ca98e934c58.jpeg

• Like 17

There is a DJ at the pool bar. You can see him from the distance. He started at 11am. 

IMG_6593.thumb.jpeg.dc3883ea62cdc168b1117579d97c7810.jpeg

Zoomed in from the same position. Lisa said when you get closer it does get louder. That said, if move further down the beach it won’t be too loud. It’s a comfortable volume where we are. 

IMG_6594.thumb.jpeg.476e40f02f4aae45b9293c53b708fecc.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10