Reflection Balcony for 4

imescaping

On 8/31/2024 at 12:43 PM, jwlane said:

Who is "they"?

Our TA via her call to Celebrity. Celebrity told her can’t be changed without penalty. Could this be a HUCA situation? (a different agent may give different info?) TA didn’t tell me the penalty amount, I should have verified that. If it is smallish, $100-200 ish, perhaps we pay the penalty and move, if it’s more it would take too much from our activities and incidentals budget. The room was just over $2000 for 2 rooms, 7 total people. 

22 minutes ago, imescaping said:

I bet this is what we’ll have. I wonder if the desk chair will fit in the corner at night. 

You won’t have this because that is a photo from an E class of ship and you will be on an S class ship

1 hour ago, imescaping said:

Yes, but they said it is not possible to trade without penalty. 

I would talk to your TA and see if you can do a 3 way calling with Celebrity. It just seems unusual to put 4 people in a cabin designed for 3 people. Penalty is normally $100 pp, but that's for things like changing your cruise dates. Normally you can change cabins within the same category without a fee. If your changing category's there would be an additional cost. Is the penalty from Celebrity or your TA?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:54 PM, imescaping said:

The deck plan has the square, (and only the square)  single sofa bed. It makes no mention of bed type for the 4th berth) 

there is no way X would allow to book a 3-person cabin for 4 people. Either the TA booked it for 3 people or he/she gave you the wrong cabin number. Can you look it up when you log in to your account in Celebrity website? See the names of the people and the cabin number.

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there is no way X would allow to book a 3-person cabin for 4 people. Either the TA booked it for 3 people or he/she gave you the wrong cabin number. Can you look it up when you log in to your account in Celebrity website? See the names of the people and the cabin number.

I really enjoyed reading your review and seeing all your pictures, I wish we were on a longer cruise, That isn’t possible this time. 

I am really looking forward to our cruise. even though it is short and we will be packed in like sardines. I must have given the impression that I thought this was a 3 person room, I do not, I am aware this is a 4 person room, it just doesn’t specify the nature of the 4th berth. I am assuming (I know, I know) it is a Trundle. Pain in the back side, but lucky us were on a cruise. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imescaping said:

I must have given the impression that I thought this was a 3 person room, I do not, I am aware this is a 4 person room, it just doesn’t specify the nature of the 4th berth.

no, Reflection deck plan shows it's a 3 person room with a SINGLE sofa bed. No trundle.

We were in 8149 and the deck plan clearly shows it's a 4 person room with one upper berth and one sleeper sofa.

I don't want you to have an unpleasant surprise when you start checking in for your cruise and can only get 3 people into that cabin. Do check the cabin assignment and the passenger names when you log in to your Celebrity account.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 8/31/2024 at 4:30 PM, canderson said:

How did you come by this cabin?

very bizarre to book 4 people into a cabin that only holds 3 people.   Should not have to move people around when you get onboard.   Sounds like someone is not booked properly 

On 9/3/2024 at 8:51 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't want you to have an unpleasant surprise when you start checking in for your cruise and can only get 3 people into that cabin. Do check the cabin assignment and the passenger names when you log in to your Celebrity account.

if the poster has a 3 person room and booked for 4 people- -someone really messed up here      No cruise line will book a 4th person into a cabin that only holds 3 people.  This tells me someone is not booked properly.    Are all 4 names on the booking? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The bathroom would be a real problem, especially with seniors.  

what seniors?

On 8/31/2024 at 11:04 AM, imescaping said:

There are 4 of us, parents and 16 and 19 yo sons.

38 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Consider two oceanview staterooms even interior.

if they are getting 3/4th person free in the same cabin, why would they want to pay the full price for an additional cabin?

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I don't understand how a tiny room like that would work- but that's me.  Consider two oceanview staterooms even interior.  The bathroom would be a real problem, especially with seniors.  

It will definitely be an adventure, We’ve done worse but the kids were younger. Bathroom situation is basically the same as at home. (We have 2 for 6 + guests)

• Like 1

OP, you still haven’t addressed the real issue which is that somehow you have apparently booked four people into a room that is authorized for three people.  Can you confirm for us the stateroom number so we know that we are looking at the room you actually booked?

On 9/3/2024 at 1:00 AM, imescaping said:

I really enjoyed reading your review and seeing all your pictures, I wish we were on a longer cruise, That isn’t possible this time. 

I am really looking forward to our cruise. even though it is short and we will be packed in like sardines. I must have given the impression that I thought this was a 3 person room, I do not, I am aware this is a 4 person room, it just doesn’t specify the nature of the 4th berth. I am assuming (I know, I know) it is a Trundle. Pain in the back side, but lucky us were on a cruise. 

And this is the right attitude! It's a 3 night cruise. It will be an adventure! Yeah, crowded when getting ready but I used to travel a lot of with a group of girls and at times there would be 5 of us in a room with 2 doubles or queens. We made it work. Lots of laughs. Have a good time!

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

OP, you still haven’t addressed the real issue which is that somehow you have apparently booked four people into a room that is authorized for three people.  Can you confirm for us the stateroom number so we know that we are looking at the room you actually booked?

It is stateroom 8128, It is not a 3 person room, It is a 4 person room. The deck plan legend just didn’t specify the type of berth for the 4 th person. I assumed it was a Trundle and just discovered through a review on another website, that it is indeed a Trundle under the couch. Crowded when it is out. 

Sorry I thought I had mentioned that it is indeed a 4 person room. 

Good luck..4 adults...tight in a standard size cabin!

X is really packing them in . often leads to overcrowded  conditions ship wide : bars, eateries, pools  gym, excursion.. 

Hope our 4 nights in Silho will be  an offf week before Xmas without crowds

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

And this is the right attitude! It's a 3 night cruise. It will be an adventure! Yeah, crowded when getting ready but I used to travel a lot of with a group of girls and at times there would be 5 of us in a room with 2 doubles or queens. We made it work. Lots of laughs. Have a good time!

Thanks, grandma had all 4 kids in a 5 person Carnival OV, about 5 years ago. Granted the kids were a lot younger, but it was still cramped and we had a great time. That was an unexpected invitation for a nephew’s 21 birthday cruise. (Not originally in our annual vacation budget). This was a great deal that we just happened to see (at the top end of our Fall Break budget) good timing. So we decided to dip into our Christmas budget and go for it. AND there will be A LOT of laughter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Good luck..4 adults...tight in a standard size cabin!

X is really packing them in . often leads to overcrowded  conditions ship wide : bars, eateries, pools  gym, excursion.. 

Hope our 4 nights in Silho will be  an offf week befotmre Xmas without crowds

We just experienced that type of crowding on an Alaska cruise on Majestic Princess. Everything but the Main Dining room was crowded ( the food and service in MDR were horrible). We are going with the expectation of crowding, hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but it’ll be OK either way. But on that cruise we had mini suites and the boys had their own room because grandpa was with us and he only shares a room with grandma. DH and I shared with the girls, it was 7 nights, but with  a couch and an overhead Pullman in a much larger room. (And good size bathroom)