Premium Plus drinks

Hi guys

I have the Premium Plus drinks for my upcoming cruise. Anyone has suggestions to some premium drinks/cocktails I could take? I know of the champagne, better wines and better rum/tequila/etc but are there also premium drinks that are only covered in the P+? Like some signature cocktails?

I prefer fruity sweet drinks like Pina Colada, Sex on the beach etc.

Any tips welcome!

The package covers anything over $15 (with a couple of exceptions). Personally, I can get everything I want without paying the upcharge for the Plus money-grab. And if there is a drink (martini) that goes over $15 by a buck or two, I will just pay the difference. You also get canned water, Starbucks, Fresh Squeezed juices in the buffet, and energy/sports drinks,,, all of which I can do without for a week. 

Below are the general list of things included. Can I deal with Patron Silver Tequila versus Don Julio Blanco Tequila to save money... you bet I can. 

image.png.350e28be530c53c2fb23b40ef10b4288.png

image.thumb.png.c98e46b8728e82dddc7a000dfda30172.png

Regular Drinks Package 

image.png.4da0eee17c68b6f150e0baaea28aad69.png

image.thumb.png.1f8663cd53bc37235958d3fd1a72261f.png

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, MiniJeffrey said:

I have the Premium Plus drinks for my upcoming cruise.

Does anyone know how much the upcharge is on average over the standard package for a 7 day cruise?

If it isn't to great a difference, I like doing the premium for doing some taste test flights - usually lots cheaper than trying to do this at local bars or buying lots of tiny booze bottles at home.

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Does anyone know how much the upcharge is on average over the standard package for a 7 day cruise?

If it isn't to great a difference, I like doing the premium for doing some taste test flights - usually lots cheaper than trying to do this at local bars or buying lots of tiny booze bottles at home.

$243.60 per Person for 7 days. Not worth it IMHO. So if there are 2 of you in the cabin a extra $487.20

If you are just paying the extra over the $15 drink limit to get a occasional Premium Drink at let's say $5 over, you need to drink just over 97 Premium Drinks for the seven days when they are allowed to serve alcohol. 

I order two glasses of Hennessy XO cognac ($50 each) each evening.  I also order two glasses of Veuve Cliquot champagne at Le Bistro and a large bottle of San Pellegrino at every lunch and dinner.

• Like 2

As far wine goes, the Silverado Cab, the Duckhorn Merlot and Leonardo Brunello are all excellent. A vintage port with dessert is a real treat. And like a previous poster stated, I always end the evening with a Hennessy XO 😎

• Like 1

I always like to upgrade to FAS+ but due to a meg gigantic mess up on NCL’s part, I sailed with only the basic package and honestly it worked out just fine.  It helped I was in the vibe where they are very free with their drink pouring and sometimes gave me things I was not entitled to without charge.  But I don’t know if I would upgrade it next time. Or if there will be a next time, NCL really screwed me over on this cruise and I am going to post about it and complain as loudly as I can to them.   

4 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

If you get FAS Plus, it is $343 per person for a 7 day cruise. 

That includes the P+ beverage package 

Basic WiFi which is $209.93 if purchased separately for the entire cruise.

Two specialty dinning meals which is $118.80 if purchased separately - there is usually a $79 special to add two meals per person. I think gratuity is added, too, so really $94.80 with the special. 

The second person in the cabin gets the $50 shore excursion with P+

For us, we were adding at least two specialty meals per cruise and adding basic WiFi for each of us as we like to stay in touch with our kids and grandkids. Plus, I run a small side business and need to stay in touch with clients occasionally via email.  I know some people completely disconnect and can live off the 150 free minutes or none at all. 

We typically choose two or more NCL excursions per cruise so we’d save about $100 per cruise.  

To answer the OP’s original question, I tend to stick with wine but my husband enjoys the whiskey, bourbon and cognac choices.  I do like the NCL Gin ‘66. 

6 hours ago, MiniJeffrey said:

I prefer fruity sweet drinks like Pina Colada, Sex on the beach etc.

Get your fruity drinks with the upgraded alcohol!  Or, be adventurous and ask bartenders to make you something new (after stating your usual choices).  You might find new favorites... Enjoy!

3 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

I order two glasses of Hennessy XO cognac ($50 each) each evening.  I also order two glasses of Veuve Cliquot champagne at Le Bistro and a large bottle of San Pellegrino at every lunch and dinner.

No Veuve anymore and the Hennessy I havn't seen at the Bar...

Why would you get top shelf liquor if you are using it to make fruity drinks. You can’t tell the difference. If you want better wine or cordials then by all means upgrade, but don’t do it for fruity drinks. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

FLAHAM, I'm an XO drinker myself.  Did you ever try Louis XIII cognac?  Priscilla and I were sitting at the Haven bar an a previous cruise when I noticed there was a bottle of Louis XIII on display.  I said to Priscilla, "You know, once in my life I have to try that to see if it really is better."  She said, "Why not tonight?"  I never loved her more than I did at that moment!  I told Sergio, the bartender, and he brought it to me on a silver tray while wearing white gloves!  On the tray was the bottle of cognac, a measuring glass (crystal) and a snifter (also crystal).  He poured out a 1/2 ounce in the measuring glass.  (It cost $80 for a 1/2 ounce)  He transfered the cognac into the snifter.  At this time I noticed that everyone in the bar was looking at me.  Sergio talked me through the whole tasting process.  FLAHAM, it was a religious experience!  It tasted so much better than XO!  The warming effect was felt through my entire body!  The taste stayed with me for about two hours!  I even put off smoking my nightly cigar because I didn't want to ruin the taste in my mouth.  It took me a good 6 months before I could bring myself to drink XO again.  I have another cruise coming up in February.  I'm looking to repeat the experience!

Elvis  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

flaham, just curious, since we ordered the premium drink package for our next cruise. do you order the hennessy and veuve cliquot, because you really like them, or because  you can?

I guess the answer is both.  I enjoy cognac and champagne.  If I didn’t have the premium package, I would order lesser brands.