Unable to check in on iPhone app

RickT

I’ve been trying to check in for a couple days now.  The cruise is showing on my app but when I click check in the app just spins (iPhone and iPad).  I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it with no change.  Unfortunately you cannot check in using the webpage and I do not have a device compatible with the Android app. 

Before I call Celebrity I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this and figured out how to check in?

Why can’t you check in via the webpage?  We had a cruise last month that just wouldn’t be recognized by the app.  I checked in on the website.  

Both the app and webpage seem to be not functioning well this weekend.  Rather than sit on hold to talk to a rep that likely can’t fix the problem I would wait till late tomorrow when staff should be back from the long weekend and some of the glitches may be corrected.

26 minutes ago, RickT said:

Unfortunately you cannot check in using the webpage and I do not have a device compatible with the Android app.

Is web page check-in broken?  That's how we've normally done it.

There is no option to check in on the website.  On my reservation page it says if I am unable to check in using the app to click the link, print off the page (it’s a page with a full summary of my cruise) and bring it to the pier to check in at boarding.  
I’ve called Celebrity and they say it’s been reported a number of times by other people and they have opened an IT ticket. 

Very unusual as we have always and only checked in by way of the PC/laptop/tablet website planner - never on the phone app as that in our experience is inconsistent.  We then use the app on board.

Whatever you are experiencing is not normal and hopefully will be resolved quickly. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I am having the same problem.  I have the option to check in on the web or the App but I get to the end of the questions and it says “ Sorry, we hit a snag. Try again later”.  The weird thing is when I log into my account on line it says “View Boarding Pass”.  When I click on that it takes me back to the Check In questions.  

1 hour ago, Cat4158 said:

Same for us - on the app and web pages.  I contacted Celebrity and they asked for screenshots to pass on to the IT department. Still waiting for some feedback. 

It is a holiday in the US today, so I would not have high expectations for having the many website/app issues that are occurring this weekend to be resolved today.

Curious if you are within the 21 days prior to the cruise.   Even though your cruise shows in the app it will not activate check in until that time.   The app should show the date.

You should be able access your booking on the Celebrity Website (not app).    If so just go in and grab a check-in time -  You can come back anytime in the App and complete checkin up until 48 hours prior to cruise.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if you are within the 21 days prior to the cruise.   Even though your cruise shows in the app it will not activate check in until that time.   The app should show the date.

You should be able access your booking on the Celebrity Website (not app).    If so just go in and grab a check-in time -  You can come back anytime in the App and complete checkin up until 48 hours prior to cruise.

Check-in normally opens 45 days out and edocs and luggage tags at 30 days out.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The website won’t let you grab a time.  Before you get to that stage it say “Sorry, we hit a snag.  Try again later”.  The App says “Check in available” but when you click it, it does not go anywhere.  My cruise just opened for check in today but others (on other cruises) say they have been trying for days.

15 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

The website won’t let you grab a time.  Before you get to that stage it say “Sorry, we hit a snag.  Try again later”.  The App says “Check in available” but when you click it, it does not go anywhere.  My cruise just opened for check in today but others (on other cruises) say they have been trying for days.

Sorry to hear.   Sounds like a glitch for the cruise if others are having the same problem

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

It is a holiday in the US today, so I would not have high expectations for having the many website/app issues that are occurring this weekend to be resolved today.

Thank you. I’ve been able to check in successfully this morning. Hope you all had a good holiday in the US. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately mine is not working. I woke at 1159pm and it was not available but at 1201 it says Check in Closed! I just got off phone with Celebrity Rep and he said just board anytime between 3pm and 7pm as i cannot process check in

I do realize my ship sails at 830pm from San Juan and I have cruised 7 times on this ship similar itinerary and always boarded at 11am

Am I wrong and they have changed boarding time? Thanks for your help.   

22 minutes ago, Spoofa1 said:

Unfortunately mine is not working. I woke at 1159pm and it was not available but at 1201 it says Check in Closed! I just got off phone with Celebrity Rep and he said just board anytime between 3pm and 7pm as i cannot process check in

I do realize my ship sails at 830pm from San Juan and I have cruised 7 times on this ship similar itinerary and always boarded at 11am

Am I wrong and they have changed boarding time? Thanks for your help.   

They have not changed the boarding time.  If you are unable to check in prior to boarding day just show up as you normally would.  We have always checked in to the terminal early in the day to be able to board, drop off our check in stuff, and leave the ship to spend the day in Old San Juan, returning to the ship in time for dinner.

As posted earlier I would also try to check in via the pc/laptop/tablet website planner as an alternative.  That is what we always use and then use the app on board.  Never had an issue with that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I am having same issues (i phone) and the last three days, including today I am unable to check in . I called Celebrity yesterday and they told me it was a known issue and to try again in a few days. The message I am getting is check in has checked out , check in at the Port. My cruise is a month away so I have plenty of time to retry this. I am US based if this makes any difference. 

2 minutes ago, Pentops6524 said:

I am having same issues (i phone) and the last three days, including today I am unable to check in . I called Celebrity yesterday and they told me it was a known issue and to try again in a few days. The message I am getting is check in has checked out , check in at the Port. My cruise is a month away so I have plenty of time to retry this. I am US based if this makes any difference. 

Have you tried checking in on the planner instead of the app on a device other than your iphone?

I may have been premature in stating I could check in. I was able to access the check in page and entered my photo and other information but when I tried to finish it doesn’t progress.  The X just keeps reloading. 

Cruise is 2 1/2 weeks away so will keep trying.