Labadee Status?

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We love Labadee and hope it reopens for both passengers to enjoy the beauty of it and for the people of Haiti to earn some money to live.

It will be interesting porting there in the daylight rather than the last two times we were there this year - sneaking in to the pier in the middle of the night with all the lights off.😇

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The email literally said RCI is not going to Labadee due to security concerns in Haiti and the safety of passengers is RCI’s top priority. Seems pretty clear to me why RCI decided to change ports. 

It does not take much to realize that they used the wrong letter since none of the hundred of sailings between Oct and your sailing received the same letter.  It was a simple error or they decided to bale it on that but in reality it was done for an entirely different reason.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I posted this before on this site. We received an email a month ago (maybe longer) saying due to security concerns, our cruise was no longer going to Labadee and going to Puerto Plata instead. This is for a cruise in March 2025. I can’t imagine RCI deciding to resume going to Labadee any time soon. It would be a public relations nightmare if they resumed going to Labadee and something happened to passengers there. Just my two cents opinion (and it might not be worth that), but I wouldn’t risk going to Labadee for the forseeable future if I was in charge of RCI. 

not all sailings with Labadee had changes. 

My cruse on the Independence has Labadee as a port visit that was never changed

1 hour ago, Ken at the beach said:

It does not take much to realize that they used the wrong letter since none of the hundred of sailings between Oct and your sailing received the same letter.  It was a simple error or they decided to bale it on that but in reality it was done for an entirely different reason.

Just because they haven’t cancelled every cruise between now and March going to Labadee doesn’t mean they won’t eventually all be cancelled (the port stop not the entire cruise). I find it highly unlikely that RCI sent out the wrong e-mail to thousands of passengers. Additionally, Celebrity has already cancelled cruises going to Labadee up to April 2025. To use your words, it does not take much to realize Royal Caribbean Group is not going to send one of their cruise lines (RCI) to Labadee while not sending another one of their cruise lines (Celebrity) there. I think RCI is giving false hope to people, including several on this site, that they will be returning to Labadee in the near future. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just because they haven’t cancelled every cruise between now and March going to Labadee doesn’t mean they won’t eventually all be cancelled (the port stop not the entire cruise). I find it highly unlikely that RCI sent out the wrong e-mail to thousands of passengers. Additionally, Celebrity has already cancelled cruises going to Labadee up to April 2025. To use your words, it does not take much to realize Royal Caribbean Group is not going to send one of their cruise lines (RCI) to Labadee while not sending another one of their cruise lines (Celebrity) there. I think RCI is giving false hope to people, including several on this site, that they will be returning to Labadee in the near future. 

Remind me to post pictures from the pier when we dock there in four weeks. DW's wave will be just for you.😇

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Celebrity had a handful of sailings, It was easier for them to cancel everything long ago.  You will see in less than a month as Royals ships start docking at Labadee again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Remind me to post pictures from the pier when we dock there in four weeks. DW's wave will be just for you.😇

The situation in Haiti is significantly worse than when RCI stopped going to Labadee. Even though Labadee is pretty far north of the main problem areas, you don’t need to be a political scientist to understand what a coup it would be for a gang to capture a bunch of hostages from a ship or possibly even takeover the entire ship. I can’t imagine RCI would take the risk of going to Labadee any time soon. When Labadee is cancelled, don’t forget to let me know. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I got the coastal catamaran booked. Going up the coast. Hope it's safe. I'll be there xmas week. 

Grrr spell check, fixed it twice and went back to coat. Sailing up the coast, not coat. I'll have to check but right around xmas day.

That sounds great!  I hope we all get to enjoy Labadee again soon. 😉 

56 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

you don’t need to be a political scientist to understand what a coup it would be for a gang to capture a bunch of hostages from a ship or possibly even takeover the entire ship.

You are starting to sound like a fellow Brit CC poster who made (and still makes) some wild speculations/hypotheticals and forecasts (like during COVID he said we will be wearing masks forever on cruise ships). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You are starting to sound like a fellow Brit CC poster who made (and still makes) some wild speculations/hypotheticals and forecasts (like during COVID he said we will be wearing masks forever on cruise ships). 

I am not making wild speculations. I had three cruises going to Labadee next year (two Celebrity and one RCI) that I was notified that were no longer going to Labadee due to the political situation in Haiti. Celebrity has already cancelled all ships going to Labadee up to April 2025. I would be shocked if RCI goes back to Labadee any time soon. I can’t see RCG leadership thinking we really need to protect our Celebrity passengers but not caring as much about RCI passengers. 

Just because RCI has not announced Labadee cancellations past September 2024, does not mean they won’t extend not going to Labadee. Some of the posters on this site remind of posters during the pandemic who insisted their ship would sail because RCI had not extended the cruise ban as dictated by the CDC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am not making wild speculations. I had three cruises going to Labadee next year (two Celebrity and one RCI) that I was notified that were no longer going to Labadee due to the political situation in Haiti. Celebrity has already cancelled all ships going to Labadee up to April 2025. I would be shocked if RCI goes back to Labadee any time soon. I can’t see RCG leadership thinking we really need to protect our Celebrity passengers but not caring as much about RCI passengers. 

Just because RCI has not announced Labadee cancellations past September 2024, does not mean they won’t extend not going to Labadee. Some of the posters on this site remind of posters during the pandemic who insisted their ship would sail because RCI had not extended the cruise ban as dictated by the CDC. 

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-says-it-will-return-to-labadee-in-october/144098

• Like 2

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

We are scheduled to be there on October 8th on Adventure on the 6 night middle leg of a B3B. RCL has modified port times for both the first leg (8 night Eastern) and the third leg (8 night Southern), but have not changed the scheduled stop in Labadee on the 8th. I guess we will find out where we land when the 8th rolls around.😇

Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2024 at 5:00 PM, Ken at the beach said:

21 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

15 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

None of these will matter to the poster that insists their opinion is right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

None of these will matter to the poster that insists their opinion is right.

If this is aimed at me, I will be the first to admit I am wrong. In my book Labadee is way nicer than Coco Cay, so I will be happy if I get to go there sooner than later. It just doesn’t make any sense to me to resume going to Labadee when nothing has really changed in Haiti. Of course one could argue RCI should have never stopped going to Haiti in the first place because problems existed in Haiti long before RCI stopped sending ships to Labadee. 

We are going on AD in Mar/Apr for a b2b2b with two planned stops at Labadee.  We probably won't even get off the ship.  Mainly because my knee doesn't handle sand very well.  Rather just stay onboard and hang out in the solarium.  But, a lot can happen between now and Oct so we'll see.