Do Princess have a ‘fluid pricing’ policy?

5498jjk

We usually find that the best fares are when the cruise is first released.  If there is a price drop, we have our TA refare to the lower fare. 

Sometimes refaring is not possible due to a promotion, in this case we cancel the booking and make a new booking to the lower fare.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We usually find that the best fares are when the cruise is first released.  If there is a price drop, we have our TA refare to the lower fare. 

Sometimes refaring is not possible due to a promotion, in this case we cancel the booking and make a new booking to the lower fare.

We do the same, but watching any OBC or promos that may be lost due to rebooking.  OP needs a good TA/CVP to do this for them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 5498jjk said:

Thanks. We want to book for July next year ex Southampton, so I think we should just do it now and get the cabins we want.

Since you mentioned P&O (not very many Americans on P&O UK ships) would also mention that if you are a UK residents their terms and conditions do not allow refaring cruises as easily as US terms.

Post covid the pricing has tended more to best prices early. They will, as other lines, adjust price based upon demand.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 5498jjk said:

Thanks. We want to book for July next year ex Southampton, so I think we should just do it now and get the cabins we want.

The best prices on next years cruises were last year. If you can take a risk try looking for cruises after their final payment date.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We do the same, but watching any OBC or promos that may be lost due to rebooking.  OP needs a good TA/CVP to do this for them.  

Not necessary to have a TA if you know what you're doing OR in my case I use a big box TA that essentially takes the booking and does nothing else unless you call them and specifically need something. 

18 hours ago, 5498jjk said:

We booked Sky Princess for next July and the cruise price has gone up from £5,592 in May to £6,858 this week. That is ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Our upcoming TA next month from Southampton started at $7400 and finished at $3800.  So you never know.  I book through a TA and always book a refundable fare that can be refared till final payment date.

But here in the UK we CAN NOT re-fare. 

Yes, the booking can be cancelled but that can lead to all sorts of problems, such as lost deposit, preferred cabin location & grade, OBC, flight changes if EZair was included etc

45 minutes ago, Esprit said:

We booked Sky Princess for next July and the cruise price has gone up from £5,592 in May to £6,858 this week. That is ridiculous!

This happens all the time, I recently looked at a cruise for next year where the price increased by £1500 in the space of 3 days!

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not necessary to have a TA if you know what you're doing OR in my case I use a big box TA that essentially takes the booking and does nothing else unless you call them and specifically need something. 

My point is, that if you do it yourself, you would have to work with the PCL call center to refare.  That has been a big problem, because many are not trained.

I would always suggest a TA of any kind or a CVP for the OP’s question. 
We also have to let our TA/CVP know if we see a price drop.  YMMV

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

Why is that? 
Sounds like nothing more than basic supply and demand. 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2024 at 7:07 AM, 5498jjk said:

Does anyone know if Princess operate a ‘fluid pricing’ policy like P&O UK or is does it pay to book early?

Have noticed prices vary form time booking opens till booking closes. However never enough to offset the early booking perks I get when it first opens. If you don't book at early booking period I would watch for promos and rebook if you see a better offer.

As others have said I have seen more price increases than price drops lately.

Edited by Dutchman48