"Somebody reacted to a post in a topic" Where did this come from?

I believe it was yesterday that a few emails from CC had the words "somebody reacted to a post in a topic" but when I look at the post it's seems to be just a regular 'react.' I got a bunch of them today. What's this about? Please.

1 hour ago, clo said:

I believe it was yesterday that a few emails from CC had the words "somebody reacted to a post in a topic" but when I look at the post it's seems to be just a regular 'react.' I got a bunch of them today. What's this about? Please.

Perhaps the following oldie but goodie thread on this forum will be helpful:

Question about this board...

BTW, I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

43 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

Perhaps the following oldie but goodie thread on this forum will be helpful:

Question about this board...

BTW, I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Thanks for the tips and I'll check them out. But I wasn't clear. The subject line of my emails say literally 
SOMEBODY reacted to a post in a topic

Not the usual screen name of the person. And it's only for the "react" feature not comments. I'm sure I can get used to it but since it's new I thought I'd ask. Thanks, Kat. (BTW, one of my nicknames is Cat.)

6 hours ago, clo said:

Going forward you can turn off reaction notifications. Tap / click the user menu (3 horizontal bars top right). Select Account, Account Settings. You should see something like

Screenshot_20240912_220736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d8350fa640a6e9ab9efc427ceb168ea.jpg

Select Notification Settings to see

Screenshot_20240912_221645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8f68541907c3a7acc0a44e7b885ebec9.jpg

Scroll down and expand Mentions & My Content.

Screenshot_20240912_220351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d47877ba7f01d6936196b350290e4160.jpg

Uncheck Email. If you don't want reactions to appear in your Notification List, uncheck that as well.

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

Going forward you can turn off reaction notifications. Tap / click the user menu (3 horizontal bars top right). Select Account, Account Settings. You should see something like

Screenshot_20240912_220736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d8350fa640a6e9ab9efc427ceb168ea.jpg

Select Notification Settings to see

Screenshot_20240912_221645_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8f68541907c3a7acc0a44e7b885ebec9.jpg

Scroll down and expand Mentions & My Content.

Screenshot_20240912_220351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d47877ba7f01d6936196b350290e4160.jpg

Uncheck Email. If you don't want reactions to appear in your Notification List, uncheck that as well.

Thanks. But I'm saying that the email notifications are now saying "somebody" rather "czarina clo."

17 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks. But I'm saying that the email notifications are now saying "somebody" rather "czarina clo."

You should probably email an inquiry to help@cruisecritic.com. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, clo said:

The email could possibly say somebody when there has been more than one reaction to one of your posts. To verify, contact CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com. She knows waaaay more about the software than I do. Please send your email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your current Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

The email could possibly say somebody when there has been more than one reaction to one of your posts. To verify, contact CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com. She knows waaaay more about the software than I do. Please send your email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your current Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Thanks so much. It's really not that important but it is odd. And no one else has commented on it. I'll do it tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

7 hours ago, clo said:

Thanks so much. It's really not that important but it is odd. And no one else has commented on it. I'll do it tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Is there a difference between a reaction (like, haha, thank you) and a comment? Maybe a reaction says someone, and a comment tells you the user name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Is there a difference between a reaction (like, haha, thank you) and a comment? Maybe a reaction says someone, and a comment tells you the user name.

The difference is that it only just started happening. And no one else has mentioned it. Oh wait, I'll give you a 'like' and you can see if you get an email with the "somebody." Thanks.

7 minutes ago, clo said:

The difference is that it only just started happening. And no one else has mentioned it. Oh wait, I'll give you a 'like' and you can see if you get an email with the "somebody." Thanks.

I think @Saint Greg mentioned the issue a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, broberts said:

I think @Saint Greg mentioned the issue a couple of days ago.

Thanks. I did a quick search of just two pages of his posts. A bit overwhelming 🙂 I'll contact CC as Kat suggested.

1 hour ago, clo said:

What I noticed is I didn't use to get emails for reactions and then I started getting them the other day. I figured out how to turn those off in the notifications section of my profile yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

What I noticed is I didn't use to get emails for reactions and then I started getting them the other day. I figured out how to turn those off in the notifications section of my profile yesterday. 

I have found in the past that notification settings sometimes seem to change without you doing anything. I wonder what CC is playing with in the settings.

3 hours ago, clo said:

See my comment above. I have turned off all my notifications, so I didn't see anything. And agree with those that say to turn off email notifications entirely; they just clog up your mailbox. But to each their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1