Princess Premier Package - Theaters

beshears

I know there is the Plus $60 pp, and Premier $90 pp per day Princess packages. Just curious for those that are now using the Premier package. I know this package covers a lot of things, but just "wondering" just how good it is in helping a person get good seats in the various theaters, as I understand one of them is pretty small. I     understand having one of these packages helps a person get better seats, and if so, and how good?

7 minutes ago, beshears said:

I know there is the Plus $60 pp, and Premier $90 pp per day Princess packages. Just curious for those that are now using the Premier package. I know this package covers a lot of things, but just "wondering" just how good it is in helping a person get good seats in the various theaters, as I understand one of them is pretty small. I     understand having one of these packages helps a person get better seats, and if so, and how good?

various theatres?  err, no?

• Like 1

Reserved theater seating for Premier cruise package is for Princess theater production shows for the moment. Not for the other “ shows” in The Princess theater( always subject to change ) Approximately 10 minutes before show time the reserve covers are removed for the non-premier passengers to sit. I am including a few pictures and the location of the premier seating varies ship by ship, but a lot of them are right down front -the first couple rows .

So if that’s where you like to sit and you’re on a premier cruise package then you may show up 10-15 minutes before Showtime or thereabouts and grab one of those seats. 
Better seats is subjective. Depends on how many production shows are on your particular cruise and if you would be attending them to make the premier cruise package appealing to you.IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.47d11b8dd985f8f6b50954bbcbcfc1eb.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.a91770cd035c95b669615aa4b925047b.jpeg

IMG_1587.thumb.jpeg.fb51b81a23f3ebd90f6ba6fd87e7e57c.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, beshears said:

All depends on what you think are good seats. I always wanted to sit on the aisle in the very last row so I could leave if I got bored. The only theatre it applies to is the Princess Theatre. Places like Vista lounge or Princess Live do not count

• Like 2

On the Regal out of Southampton recently the premium package seats were roughly where you specified I think. We didn’t bother as we used the seats reserved for wheelchair users. A few minutes before the show started an announcement was made saying that an empty premium seats were now available freely. Theatre was packed for every show. 

On 9/13/2024 at 1:52 PM, arizonaperson said:

Reserved theater seating for Premier cruise package is for Princess theater production shows for the moment. Not for the other “ shows” in The Princess theater( always subject to change ) Approximately 10 minutes before show time the reserve covers are removed for the non-premier passengers to sit. I am including a few pictures and the location of the premier seating varies ship by ship, but a lot of them are right down front -the first couple rows .

So if that’s where you like to sit and you’re on a premier cruise package then you may show up 10-15 minutes before Showtime or thereabouts and grab one of those seats. 
Better seats is subjective. Depends on how many production shows are on your particular cruise and if you would be attending them to make the premier cruise package appealing to you.IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.47d11b8dd985f8f6b50954bbcbcfc1eb.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.a91770cd035c95b669615aa4b925047b.jpeg

IMG_1587.thumb.jpeg.fb51b81a23f3ebd90f6ba6fd87e7e57c.jpeg

They've never been the first couple rows right down front. Where are you getting your information from?

22 hours ago, Renophi said:

I'm just wondering how the reserved seating is policed. Is this on the honor system or is there a crew member checking medallions? 

My experience has been crew checking medallions with their little handheld devices.  Wouldn't shock me if this isn't 100% consistent, especially if they're just about to open them up to everyone anyway and/or it's not a packed show.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Renophi said:

I'm just wondering how the reserved seating is policed. Is this on the honor system or is there a crew member checking medallions? 

it was NOT policed on our June Enchanted cruise. My parents took the Premier seats in the aisle and nobody ever asked or checked anything.

It was a full cruise, before anyone asks.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

On the Emerald in July, crew members were stationed near all priority seating areas in the theater and were actively policing it. They used their tablets to scan Medallions and easily determined our status. They removed a few folks who thought they could sit there without having Premier.

• Like 1

We were on the Discovery a month ago.

We showed up to the main theater 15 minutes before showtime.

They had someone posted at the entrance refusing to let anyone else in saying ALL seats were taken.

We had the Plus package AND were staying in a suite. Did not matter. We were not allowed in.

The theater is not that big. In the future....arrive a half hour early !

11 minutes ago, Shippy said:

We were on the Discovery a month ago.

We showed up to the main theater 15 minutes before showtime.

They had someone posted at the entrance refusing to let anyone else in saying ALL seats were taken.

We had the Plus package AND were staying in a suite. Did not matter. We were not allowed in.

The theater is not that big. In the future....arrive a half hour early !

Suite perks or plus package does not reserve you a seat in the theatre

• Like 2

On my cruise on the Emerald in August, there were three groups of seats that were held for Premier package holders - back row lower level, lower mezzanine level left side, and upper level left side.  You can see each area in these pictures:

20240805_205725.thumb.jpg.44b9bb7a0de27e0505fa7547c96f32ae.jpg

20240805_205655.thumb.jpg.b9512cb54e62d9f48e32660a32ccff05.jpg

20240805_205705.thumb.jpg.8551e6f0022b9939db66af7a498632d6.jpg

• Like 1

I suppose if your the person that wants to have a leisurely dinner and arrive at the last moment, a reserved seat might be a good idea. 

We always manage to get to the lounge early with a book or movie for entertainment & select any seat we like. 😄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

They were checking medallions on Enchanted (Feb. 24).  They would release the unclaimed seats about 10 minutes before the performance and people would rush to get the seats.  

Same thing on the CB last month. 

On our recent Alaska cruise on the Royal no one was checking our medallions.  On this particular cruise you absolutely didn’t need Premier seating.  If only Princess would stop people from entering the theater 10 or more minutes after showtime, walking all the way to the front and then standing in front of stage looking for their friends….lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain k said:

On our recent Alaska cruise on the Royal no one was checking our medallions.  On this particular cruise you absolutely didn’t need Premier seating.  If only Princess would stop people from entering the theater 10 or more minutes after showtime, walking all the way to the front and then standing in front of stage looking for their friends….lol.

You must be one of Don's fans. 😄

Lock the doors.