Shore Excursion Filters

emeraldcity

Last week, I was able to filter shore excursions on port of call. Today I logged in to do some more browsing and the only filters are Activity Levels, Durations, or Interests. Since few of the excursion titles include the name of the port, I'm at a loss how to get an idea of what each port offers.

Who thought this was an enhancement to the user experience?

2 minutes ago, emeraldcity said:

Last week, I was able to filter shore excursions on port of call. Today I logged in to do some more browsing and the only filters are Activity Levels, Durations, or Interests. Since few of the excursion titles include the name of the port, I'm at a loss how to get an idea of what each port offers.

Who thought this was an enhancement to the user experience?

I can still filter by port.  Try using the cruise planner as opposed to the app.

image.thumb.png.a3b1ff2a0a96898537fd31cc72c187a4.png

Maybe try a different browser?

I'm using Google Chrome and it shows the day/port filter option and it also shows the day/port with each port description.  

I don't understand why, in this day and age, Royal's IT department is SO behind the times.  It's like everything is coded by a 12yo child.  Scratch that, a 12yo child could probably do better than this!!!

View-Shore-Excursions-Products.thumb.png.781318ae46cbd5c0e3f7aa695568c1ac.png

There is an issue with it that seems to be affecting some people but not everyone. Another poster posted about it on Saturday here:

I can't get the excursion filter to show all of my ports but I can see all of the excursions all jumbled up if I scroll down past the filters. 😕

This is on my phone and tablet; I haven't tried on my PC yet.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

There is an issue with it that seems to be affecting some people but not everyone. Another poster posted about it on Saturday here:

I can't get the excursion filter to show all of my ports but I can see all of the excursions all jumbled up if I scroll down past the filters. 😕

This is on my phone and tablet; I haven't tried on my PC yet.

I compared my longest upcoming cruise on the app on my iPhone and on Safari and Chrome on my iPad.  The app on my phone showed the ports that currently are showing excursions each individually, but my iPad on both Safari and Chrome shows only a couple of ports and then all the cruising days but then has the excursions totally mixed up as if I wanted to view them all instead of by port.  Royal has really one of the worst IT for a corporation so large.

I've got the same issue.  I noticed it about a week ago or so... I've tried multiple browsers... I've cleared cookies... All the usual things to sort typical Royal IT issues nothing has been resolved so far.  I can still see all the excursions if I scroll down far enough but can't filter by any category.  I can even purchase new excursions without problem.  I just can't filter them.

Yup.  Filter not working on either Royal or Celebrity.  In my case you can't even see the individual port dates, it just displays sea days.  And selecting one still shows the entire list for the cruise.

The filters have only just started working again for me this morning.

Eta: but only on one of my two booked cruises. Still acting up on the other. 🙄

Edited by FionaMG
New info