New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

It never stops!   I do not recall seeing anything about this here on CC yet.  BE AWARE.  Water that was $7.09 is now $24.00

I looked at my booking and sure enough it's true.  I will not partake in that one. I have no issue drinking the ship's water, will just bring my own bottles now.  

Stateroom Bottled Water Package    $24.00 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

copied from my cruise personalizer

PS.  If this has already been discussed here, let me know.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I ordered two cases for $14 (and change) total yesterday for our 1/25 Sun Princess cruise. Hard to believe that they would more than 3x the price of anything. Cruising continues to be a rich person's game with everything going up so much in price. I know that the cruise lines like to use the COVID shutdown as an excuse to any gouge customers, but it is becoming very tiresome.

• Like 4

The regular sized bottled water is $2 each onboard.  Unless Princess is raised the price onboard, doesn't make sense to pre purchase water.  You don't save anything.

Princess might want to rethink this one because it's been reported on this board that some with packages still like to pre purchase bottled water out of convenience.  At $24 for 12, can't see anyone with a package wanting to pre-purchase at this price.  If you get them at a bar with a package, it's already included.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

It never stops!   I do not recall seeing anything about this here on CC yet.  BE AWARE.  Water that was $7.09 is now $24.00

I looked at my booking and sure enough it's true.  I will not partake in that one. I have no issue drinking the ship's water, will just bring my own bottles now.  

Stateroom Bottled Water Package    $24.00 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

copied from my cruise personalizer

PS.  If this has already been discussed here, let me know.

Thanks for the heads up, as I had a feeling that super cheap rate for a 12-pack of water wasn't going to last much longer. It got me focused on looking for more excursions on our Jan and Sep 2025 cruises where the excursion prices have dropped up to 20% because of the current excursion sale going on. So far we've saved $245 over the last 2 days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

Was under $10 CAD for me.

Just cancelled my order, and will buy plus on the ship.

$32.40. CAD now!!

Too late for you since you've sadly already cancelled the order. And buying an expensive package is just what Princess wanted you to do when they more than tripled the price of a case of water.

But as an FYI for everyone else: If you have already ordered it and paid for it, there is no reason to cancel. They WILL honor the price you paid.

We figured they would raise it one day soon, which is why we -- many months ago -- pre-ordered (and paid for) multiple cases of bottled water for a Caribbean cruise in Feb 2025 and for our family's 3 cabins on a TA in Nov 2025.

BTW, we also did the same thing with our wifi, and have done so numerous times over the past three years to protect ourselves from the outrageous constant increases there, too

• Like 1

water.jpg.aa8455badc00e2ce0b0282c3c192e174.jpg

$0,21 Canadian per bottle at our local super market. Princess is probably paying less for these than we pay.

When bought on board the ship it would cost us $3,20 Canadian (incl. the 18% gratuity) or an 1500 % upcharge 🙄. It is probably the biggest money maker by percentage. It is also a big motivator for guests to buy the package. No wonder we choose the package.

Theo

47 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Anybody know about taking water onboard at boarding? I know it says no bottles, does that just mean glass bottles or plastic bottles as well?

It means no BOTTLES. Of any type. Period. If you can find water boxes or water cans, that's OK. At least for now. The only bottles that are allowed at embarkation are one 750 ml bottle of wine pp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renmar said:

water.jpg.aa8455badc00e2ce0b0282c3c192e174.jpg

$0,21 Canadian per bottle at our local super market. Princess is probably paying less for these than we pay.

When bought on board the ship it would cost us $3,20 Canadian (incl. the 18% gratuity) or an 1500 % upcharge 🙄. It is probably the biggest money maker by percentage. It is also a big motivator for guests to buy the package. No wonder we choose the package.

Theo

Good to hear from you. Been a long time since our collabs (going back to 2012) posting OBV cabin photos.

Sadly, I agree that the entire reason for this ridiculous increase is to force people into packages. We still won't bite on that. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Too late for you since you've sadly already cancelled the order. And buying an expensive package is just what Princess wanted you to do when they more than tripled the price of a case of water.

But as an FYI for everyone else: If you have already ordered it and paid for it, there is no reason to cancel. They WILL honor the price you paid.

We figured they would raise it one day soon, which is why we -- many months ago -- pre-ordered (and paid for) multiple cases of bottled water for a Caribbean cruise in Feb 2025 and for our family's 3 cabins on a TA in Nov 2025.

BTW, we also did the same thing with our wifi, and have done so numerous times over the past three years to protect ourselves from the outrageous constant increases there, too

I will have water included with the Plus package paid for with free OBC. Smart move I believe.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tothemall&beyond said:

It means no BOTTLES. Of any type. Period. If you can find water boxes or water cans, that's OK. At least for now. The only bottles that are allowed at embarkation are one 750 ml bottle of wine pp.

Now there is maybe a nice market to get into, after boxed wine we can now have boxed water. Although the boxed wine is not allowed.

Theo

• Haha 1