The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 19th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Crazy thunderstorms last night with heavy rain. Not sure what todays forecast will be.

I like butterscotch pudding and DD likes all pudding so I make it often.

No to the salmon and have never been to todays port.

I won the extra point at trivia the last time we had the notice of New Zealand. No one else knew except me!  So thanks Dailylites!

@mamaofami    A very Happy Anniversay to you both. May you have a wonderful day.

I am scheduled for the dreaded colonoscopy tomorrow so I will be "indisposed" most of today.  Just routine. Dont expect any surprises. Both of my parents died from colon cancer so I must be vigilant.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, hope the findings tomorrow are normal.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

DH can have my butterscotch pudding, I'll be looking for the chocolate 😉 

Funny quote!  I would like the drink and wine, and although I like both salmon and pasta, I'd rather not have them together in a salad.  Have not been to Valdez yet, but hopefully will get there next year on the 28-day Alaska.  We have a HAL tour that day, and hopefully can get out and walk around town afterwards.  We'll be there until 11 pm. Thank you Annie @marshhawk for the great photos!

We have a foggy morning, heading for mid 60's and part sun later. No big plans other than continuing to start packing for Yellowstone.  We'll fly out in 6 days.  As usual the weather will be all over the place, so packing a little of everything.  

Happy Anniversary Carol and Sam @mamaofami!  I hope Sam has a comfortable day as you reflect on your years together.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I hate working with the gold metallic thread too.  

Me (Creeps Lagoon Skurvy) and my pirate friend in San Francisco in 2016.  Handsome dude, isn't he?  😉 🙂  

Piratefriend.thumb.jpg.d4b0835049e6ef2eba9058a94ad29b4e.jpg

Carolyn, when you find the chocolate pudding please let me know.  😁

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

Ghost One-Ear Feathersword checking in. It's a bit foggy this morning and we're definitely getting into more of the fall weather. It's hard to decide on capris or longer pants some days. 

I've been busy doing the pool on Monday and Wednesday and had PT on Tuesday. Today is a bit more laid back which is nice. DS will be over in a while. He's painting all the door trim to match the baseboards and then we're talking about painting the inside rooms. It's something DD DH and I talked about but just never got to. DS could use some income and I'm fine with that. Now the fun part (not) - choosing paint colors. I have a light blue chosen for the main bedroom and bathroom, laundry room, some of the kitchen and the guest bath but I want a cream color for the other rooms and havent' seen one I like yet. I'll stop at one of the home improvement stores and check for samples in the next few days. We're also talking about a backsplash in the kitchen that may incorporate a few of my HAL tiles. DS also suggested flush mount light coverings so lots going on. 

Would enjoy the salad and the pudding but I have a box of Dove Dark Chocolate Bourbon Vanilla Pudding and a box if tapioca sitting out to be made- just can't decide which one. 

Karen

Karen, your plans for the house sound wonderful.  By the time you're finished, it will seem like a brand new house.

44 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday from Jean Hook Pants on this pirate day. I’d hate to live with that name!

I would like the salmon pasta salad but would leave the salmon either whole or in big chunks, and yes to adding feta. 

Yesterday Blue had a pawdicure and dental scaling so he was out of sorts the rest of the day. We decided to go ahead and start him on a medication for his incontinence and see how it goes. 

Happy Anniversary to Carol @mamaofami& Sam!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I hope the new medicine helps Blue.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Aloha! It’s 6:36 AM and we are enjoying morning coffee on the lanai and watching the early surfers. Looks like another beautiful day here as we watch the blue sky brighten with the rising sun.

Already see some lounge chair huggers doing their thing. This practice is not just a cruise ship nuisance.

Thanks to everyone for your Daily contributions. Enjoy the rest of your day. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.9e34dda2fe0694a8cfaf1f885c0eb775.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d91b346424d8de025ac55b28b7868a34.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1290f630f17467b9ea7d6b4734b83216.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Happy Thursday everyone! Interesting days - don't know much about pirates beyond riding Pirates of the Caribbean countless times, and I definitely would prefer chocolate pudding rather than butterscotch. Rita Rudner is very funny - great quote! I'll pass on the meal, would consider trying the cocktail, and like @StLouisCruisers would try the wine if that was the only white available! I'm not a chardonnay fan at all, but hate red wine much more! Never been to Valdez - maybe some day if I do the 28 day itinerary after retiring.

Not much going on here - another warm humid day, storms expected later (Florida normal). My son's 38th birthday is today and yesterday was the 37th anniversary of starting my current employment. Not sure how my son can be 38 when I can't believe I'm that old (& more) 😉

@cunnorl Hoping for good results on your colonoscopy

@Cruzin Terri Ugh - sorry you & DH have to make that drive to Jax. Incompetent people are infuriating!

Sue/aka Jean Claw of the Sea

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Happy Thursday everyone! Interesting days - don't know much about pirates beyond riding Pirates of the Caribbean countless times, and I definitely would prefer chocolate pudding rather than butterscotch. Rita Rudner is very funny - great quote! I'll pass on the meal, would consider trying the cocktail, and like @StLouisCruisers would try the wine if that was the only white available! I'm not a chardonnay fan at all, but hate red wine much more! Never been to Valdez - maybe some day if I do the 28 day itinerary after retiring.

Not much going on here - another warm humid day, storms expected later (Florida normal). My son's 38th birthday is today and yesterday was the 37th anniversary of starting my current employment. Not sure how my son can be 38 when I can't believe I'm that old (& more) 😉

@Cruzin Terri Ugh - sorry you & DH have to make that drive to Jax. Incompetent people are infuriating!

Happy 38th birthday to your son today and 37th anniversary of your current employment.

Graham.

Screenshot_20240919_191148.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

Happy Thursday to all.  We were in Valdez last year and it was my favorite port of the 14 day cruise.  Here are just a few pictures.  

IMG_3786.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg

IMG_3776.jpeg

IMG_3775.jpeg

Debbie, your glacier pics are really awesome.  Looks like a postcard!  Thanks to everyone for your photos today.

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

Sue/aka Jean Claw of the Sea, wish your DS a very happy 38th birthday today.  He's so young!  My DS will be 50 in November and his big sister is 2 years older.  Your DS is practically a baby.👶  I almost forgot, having been employed 37 years for one company is quite an accomplishment.  Congrats!  I hope they make a big deal out of it for you.

Signed:  Sandi/aka Jean Treasure Jambe de Bois (boy, that's a mouthful!  Thank you Tina @0106

Edited by StLouisCruisers
senioritis
  • Like 16

Just got the latest update from Roy.

A busy day starting at 9 with Occupational Therapy followed by Yoga.

At 10 there was an hour of stroke education and, finally breathing exercises with the Language Therapist.

After lunch 1 1/2 hours of Physical Therapy using cane rollator and walker.

Constipation and bloating still an issue.

I think I will have an extra 4 days on my stay here.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 25

Good warm and sunny afternoon from Ghost Lagoon Skurvy. It’s another beautiful day and same is expected tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have my Botox appointment at Hershey and then back again next Wednesday for a Neurologist visit. I’m still not happy with the time it is scheduled for (9am) which means we need to leave by 7am . I’m hoping they can change it to later in the day.

This morning DB and I went to the Oley Fair. 
The fair is in its 77th year and is a community fair with no commercial sales allowed. The food stands are all run by volunteers. Everyone goes for the French fries and the milkshakes. The senior class of the high school sells apple cider. It’s a great tradition .

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon my dear pirates,

It sounds like everyone is having a good time with the pirate names.  I looked mine up and promptly forgot it.  

Our trip north to the dentist was a good one.  They were able to reseat the crown with no problem at all.  They didn't even flinch about it.  The dentist looked over everything the one here in town wanted to do.  He says he sees most of what prompted her to want to do $5100 worth of work but doesn't feel there is anything that needed addressed at this time.  One crown she wanted to replace is just fine and he wouldn't touch it.  The other one is stable and the margins she didn't like are ok and the same as they were last year. Neither of the two fillings need to be replaced.  The last crown she wanted to do isn't advisable.  He said there really isn't enough tooth left there to crown and if it starts to give me trouble suggested pulling it rather than anything else.  And I definitely didn't need a deep cleaning as they said here in town.  So, I made an appointment for cleaning next March up there.  It is worth the drive to know that I am being treated fairly.  

Sue got a big welcome when they saw her.  The dentist came out and gave her a big huge bear hug.  I think they have all missed her.  She is having them do a new bite guard for her as well, so a profitable day for them as well.  

Hope the rest of your day is going well.  

• Like 27

4 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

Sue, please wish your DS a VERY HAPPY BITHDAY for us.  Congratulations on the 37th anniversary on your current job.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good warm and sunny afternoon from Ghost Lagoon Skurvy. It’s another beautiful day and same is expected tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have my Botox appointment at Hershey and then back again next Wednesday for a Neurologist visit. I’m still not happy with the time it is scheduled for (9am) which means we need to leave by 7am . I’m hoping they can change it to later in the day.

This morning DB and I went to the Oley Fair. 
The fair is in its 77th year and is a community fair with no commercial sales allowed. The food stands are all run by volunteers. Everyone goes for the French fries and the milkshakes. The senior class of the high school sells apple cider. It’s a great tradition .

I hope everyone has a great day.

The fair sounds like fun.  The West Texas Fair when I was in school had different local organizations selling food along the midway.  A friend's mother worked in one of the booths, and we always had supper there.  Great memories.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon my dear pirates,

It sounds like everyone is having a good time with the pirate names.  I looked mine up and promptly forgot it.  

Our trip north to the dentist was a good one.  They were able to reseat the crown with no problem at all.  They didn't even flinch about it.  The dentist looked over everything the one here in town wanted to do.  He says he sees most of what prompted her to want to do $5100 worth of work but doesn't feel there is anything that needed addressed at this time.  One crown she wanted to replace is just fine and he wouldn't touch it.  The other one is stable and the margins she didn't like are ok and the same as they were last year. Neither of the two fillings need to be replaced.  The last crown she wanted to do isn't advisable.  He said there really isn't enough tooth left there to crown and if it starts to give me trouble suggested pulling it rather than anything else.  And I definitely didn't need a deep cleaning as they said here in town.  So, I made an appointment for cleaning next March up there.  It is worth the drive to know that I am being treated fairly.  

Sue got a big welcome when they saw her.  The dentist came out and gave her a big huge bear hug.  I think they have all missed her.  She is having them do a new bite guard for her as well, so a profitable day for them as well.  

Hope the rest of your day is going well.  

Debbie, it sounds like Sue's former boss is a keeper.  It is nice to have a dentist you can trust.

Lenda

• Like 17

Well, today was productive in some ways’

The inspector from the Bug company came but the actual bug man won’t be here until next Friday. That means we have one more week of killing flies.

I heard from my Doc at the Mayo Clinic and he has increased my Predisone dosage.  Ha also ordered blood work for tomorrow so I will know if the has been a PMR flare and where we go from there. I am really grateful to the staff at the Internal Medicine department, who are very kind to me and made sure that I was taken care of.

So tomorrow we will leave at 9 am and drive to Jacksonville. We will have time for a light lunch and for me to get my blood work.  Then we will go up to the Travel Medicine Clinic. I have all my documents and already have a small case with everything in it in the car.  

We will stop at Total Wine on the way home.  When we get here we will go to one of our favorite eateries for dinner.  I am certainly not cooking after 5-6 hours of driving tomorrow.

Today my friend Jackie had hernia surgery.  i meant to ask for prayers, but forgot.  Her daughter told me that although she had surgery this morning, she is still in the hospital.  Not sure if she will be released tonight or tomorrow.  Jackie was Eugene’s (DD DBIL) caregiver when we went away.  She has become a dear friend.  I am hoping all is okay.  If you remember, say a prayer for her.

Probably will not have time to post tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow night.

Have a good evening.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

The inspector from the Bug company came but the actual bug man won’t be here until next Friday. That means we have one more week of killing flies.

I heard from my Doc at the Mayo Clinic and he has increased my Predisone dosage.  Ha also ordered blood work for tomorrow so I will know if the has been a PMR flare and where we go from there. I am really grateful to the staff at the Internal Medicine department, who are very kind to me and made sure that I was taken care of.

So tomorrow we will leave at 9 am and drive to Jacksonville. We will have time for a light lunch and for me to get my blood work.  Then we will go up to the Travel Medicine Clinic. I have all my documents and already have a small case with everything in it in the car.  

We will stop at Total Wine on the way home.  When we get here we will go to one of our favorite eateries for dinner.  I am certainly not cooking after 5-6 hours of driving tomorrow.

Today my friend Jackie had hernia surgery.  i meant to ask for prayers, but forgot.  Her daughter told me that although she had surgery this morning, she is still in the hospital.  Not sure if she will be released tonight or tomorrow.  Jackie was Eugene’s (DD DBIL) caregiver when we went away.  She has become a dear friend.  I am hoping all is okay.  If you remember, say a prayer for her.

Have a good evening.

Terri

Safe travels tomorrow, Terri.   I am interested in what they say about the flies.  We had a fly infestation for a short time before we went on our cruise.  It seems to have resolved now, but I am still curious about where they came from.  

• Like 9

Thanks for all the daily news.

Allowing women to vote was a huge decision, thanks to our ancestors. 

Yesterday we delivered Meals on Wheels, then  out for lunch, followed by a trip into town to do some messages.

This morning the supermarket, maybe will make Banana bread this afternoon.

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

Safe travels tomorrow, Terri.   I am interested in what they say about the flies.  We had a fly infestation for a short time before we went on our cruise.  It seems to have resolved now, but I am still curious about where they came from.  

Debbie, the flies are outside our house and get in when we open the door.  It is just that time of year.  We have to put up with it for the week since we cannot get someone here until next Friday.  i am so tired of swatting flies.

Jim had some coffee left over and they even got into the coffee carafe.  That was the end of that.

He just said it was just the season for the flies.

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Have a good evening.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad your doctor arranged foryour blood tests tomorrow.  Safe travels.  Sending positive thoughts that Jackie's surgery, and that she is recovering without amny complications.

Lenda

• Like 8