Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico

48 minutes ago, YeaRick said:

I know that the Serenade OTS is presently headed to an eastern Caribbean route, including Freeport and Nassau.     It will be interesting to see if she can return to Tampa Friday morning.  It will also be interesting to see if we can fly from Houston to Tampa this coming Thursday afternoon.    It is a waiting game.

Wow thursday is when it's supposed to hit. I get orlando news and they are passing out 15 sand bags per resident, bring your own shovel. Friday ok, but thursday right now I'd say ...oh oh.

On 9/22/2024 at 10:25 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

We haven’t cruised from Galveston in August, September for this very reason.  We do have one in early November. If I cruised from there during those months I’d be tempted to park my car in a high rise garage in Houston, maybe at Hobby and Uber down to Galveston.  Even a bad storm can flood the streets in Galveston. Just something we think about. 

I don’t worry as much when flying in anywhere. I’d try to change my flights to get there pre storm if possible unless it’s forecast to be a big one or a direct hit. The ship will stay safe.  It’s just unknown during hurricane season ( which is 6 months out of the year) if your cruise will be affected. 

We were in the North Lot in July while on Harmony, when Berryl came through, no problems with flooding

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chfenton said:

Currently on Wonder at Coco Cay and just received message that Executive team and captain are studying and will make an announcement as soon as something is decided.  I'm betting we are not docking in Cozumel on Wednesday as scheduled but we will see soon.

Good luck! Hope you get to stop there. Keep us updated

16 hours ago, chfenton said:

Wonder just announced switch to Eastern itinerary. After leaving Coco Cay today we will be in St Thomas by noon on Wed and St Martin on Thursday and then sea days Friday and Saturday on way back to Port Canaveral. 

That happened to us a couple of times.   But I guess, as the late Jimmy would say, "Can't reason with Hurricane season".  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

Local says the eye is 300 miles across the winds are 967 miles across. I'm up near PC and about 3:30 pm had white caps on the banana river. They said we are already seeing a few wind bands but the red and green arent converging, no sign of tornadoes. 

The winds will be all the way across florida tomorrow. The winds leaning to the right. I hope they are wrong but this could be very widely felt. Helene is huge. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Sounds like all cruise ships arriving Friday in PC will be delayed.

We just got an email from RCL that Adventure will be delayed getting into PC, and that the terminal won't be open for boarding until 3:30 PM. PC management shows the ship arriving at 12:30 PM so we don't get to board until all the previous week's cruisers are off the ship.🙁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We just got an email from RCL that Adventure will be delayed getting into PC, and that the terminal won't be open for boarding until 3:30 PM. PC management shows the ship arriving at 12:30 PM so we don't get to board until all the previous week's cruisers are off the ship.🙁

Hopefully we can get off at 12::30

However Captain did say timing is fluid 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hopefully we can get off at 12::30

However Captain did say timing is fluid 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

IMG_2781.thumb.jpeg.20aa0fcfad075ecee598cda3093ded43.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

We are on Seranade. Currently sitting at the dock in Freeport waiting for sick passenger to be disembarked.  The Captain announced a few minutes ago that our cruise will be extended two extra days and will not arrive back in Tampa until Sunday. 

I hope the sick passenger will be ok.

Any idea if adding another port stop?

1 hour ago, Sharon Wilson said:

Just announced by the Captain 

Adventure delayed arrival into Port Canaveral on Friday now will be 12:15pm

Self assist should start at 12:30pm

Timing  is fluid and my change 

That’s the latest from Adventure 

Wow I got off adventure last Saturday and wanted to stay on but I still have some moving details I needed to take care of and condo stuff. Imsure wanted to stay on this week, just couldn't.. could be me on that ship. Tomorrow is going to be ..."interesting". I'm kinda glad to be home where I can see tv weather. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HERDFAN said:

We left Tampa on the Serenade on Sunday. Diverted from Coz/Costa Maya to the Bahamas.🙄 Scheduled to return Friday morning. Strong possibility that cruise will be extended a day and following 9 night cruise reduced to 8 days. Oh well.

Wow. 7 nights for the price of 5. Not returning to Tampa until Sunday. Prayers for all in the path.

2 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

We are on Seranade. Currently sitting at the dock in Freeport waiting for sick passenger to be disembarked.  The Captain announced a few minutes ago that our cruise will be extended two extra days and will not arrive back in Tampa until Sunday. 

The passenger was an 81 year old gentleman named Charlie. He slipped getting out of the hot tub and hurt himself real bad. Possibly shattered his hip. They just now loaded him into the ambulance, accompanied by cheers and well wishes from us standing on the promenade deck. It took them over 4 hours to get an ambulance here to retrieve him. Sad. This is why you buy travel insurance,  folks.

• Like 2

There was snow in Galveston during Dickens on The Strand in early Dec 2010.

Helene forecast to be high cat 4 by landfall Thursday evening, 110+mph winds:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/032536.shtml?gm_track#contents

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/213335.shtml?rainqpf#contents

Huge rain forecast inland.

Safe travels to all.

• Like 1

Port Canaveral is forecast for 50 to 60 mph gusts is why the port is closed and then coast guard has to inspect before reopening friday. ..and we are on the opposite coast. That's how big Helene is. Jacksonville north of us might have 1 to 2 feet of storm surge. I'm very glad I'm not on the west coast of florida. Cant imagine trying to get to tampa.