The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 1st, 2024

Today is Fire Pup Day, International BeautyFull World Day, and International Coffee Day

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.--Socrates

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken-Sausage & Kale Stew
Drink of the Day - Midori Sour
Wine of the Day - Dona Maria-Júlio Bastos 2018 Touriga Nacional - Petit Verdot Red (Alentejano)
Destination of the Day - Cadiz (Seville), Spain

Today in History:
1688 Prince William of Orange accepts invitation of take up the British crown
1975 "The Thrilla in Manila"

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Juneau, Alaska   depart 1800

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Juneau, Alaska  

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 5 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 10-02

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens

Limassol, Cyprus   0900-1700

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama

Ketchikan, Alaska

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight

Korkula, Croatia    1000-1800

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels of the Baltic

Aarhus, Denmark   0800-1700

Volendam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal

Sydney, Nova Scotia   0930-1730

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales of the South Pacific

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Kauai eta 10-06

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada   0800-1700

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

Nagasaki, Japan   0800-1700

image.thumb.png.a1d389d594d7ba6e0bb558ef5f61fa85.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 25

Rabbit   Rabbit   White Rabbit

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Welcome October, please be a good month.

Warm and cloudy with a chance of rain this afternoon and a high of 23°C (73°F).  I wish this mild weather stick around.

Love Fire Pups, don't drink coffee and I believe the world is full of beauty.

Good quote.

I'll pass on the meal, not sure about the drink or the wine.

Prayers for so many.  I hope there are lots of reasons to celebrate.

Have a good day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐰.

Thank you for today's daily reports Sandi.

I called on a customer this morning then had breakfast overlooking the North sea.

Dogs have been important for fire departments for years.

Every day is coffee day for me.

The stew sounds filling.

We have been to Cadiz several times on cruises.

The fact you walk off the ship and close to the centre shops is good.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

IMG_20241001_091507.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!!! 🐇🐰 Good morning friends!  The weather today is 64F and fair.  Today will be 80 with partly cloudy skies.  Things are pretty calm here.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday.  Interesting variety of days to recognize.  I like the Fire Pup Day best.  We just had a different coffee day this week I think so the coffee drinkers are covered all over the world now.  A wise quote by Socrates, of course.  I'll skip the stew with kale (or leave it out).  No thanks to the cocktail and red wine.  🍷  A political intrigue in 1688, and a huge fight in 1975 between Ali and Frazier.  A big thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your wonderful reporting each day.

Prayers for our Care list folks.  I hope Roy @rafinmd is ready for rehab and they’ve reduced the fluid retention.  Jacqui @kazu, hopefully you were able to get some rest sitting up on the sofa, no matter how uncomfortable that sounds.  When you’re very tired you can sleep anywhere! I send good wishes and prayers to Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando and that the vacation is just around the corner.  Hoping for a good day for Tana and Terry @smitty34877.  Plenty of prayers for Nancy’s DB Nick, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Melisa and her DH, Ann and Pat, Dixie, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, Carol and Sam, Debbie and any others who could use some divine help. 🙏 So glad Pennie @Nickelpenny is okay and that she will have the family emergency wrapped up soon.  Also praying for DB, those families who lost loved ones in Helene, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages, and the troops in the war zone. 🙏 For those celebrating and cruising, my best wishes to you all. 🎉 Sending an extra loving Bon Voyage to Ashley and Chris as they depart Rome on the Odyssey of the Seas today. 🚢 Kisses and hugs to them! 🥰 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your dedication to the Care and Celebration lists!  You’re the best!  ♥️

The port today is Cadiz, Spain, a very popular port in the Mediterranean.  This was the port of the day twice before on Nov. 5, 2021 and April 6, 2022.  We’ve enjoyed that port before 4 times before.  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving your photos.  Mine are coming up soon.

Have a very good first day in October!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report,

As Suzi opened the door to leave for work this morning, she smiled and said, "We are cruising next month!"  🙂

I hope everyone has a great day! 

20231103_060436.jpg

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit!

The Midori Sour is an emblem of 1970s. Its chief ingredient was launched in the U.S. in 1978 by Suntory, the Japanese company best known for coveted whiskeys and beers. Midori debuted stateside at Studio 54, the notorious New York nightclub, which was a fitting venue for the bright and showy liqueur.
After enjoying success during the sweet cocktail heyday of the 1980s and ’90s, Midori fell out of favor amid the ensuing craft cocktail renaissance. But recently, it's found renewed life, as bartenders discover new uses for the liqueur’s distinctive flavor and color. Given its almost singular profile, Midori has few substitutes. So when an occasion calls for a bright-green drink or a customer demands a melon-flavored cocktail, Midori is ready to heed the call.
Midori’s flavor is derived from Japanese muskmelons and the cantaloupe-like yubari fruit, which are both infused into neutral grain spirits. Before bottling, the melon spirit is blended with brandy and sugar and dosed with food coloring to achieve its characteristic intense color.

Ingredients:
1 oz. Midori
1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
Club soda, to top
Garnish: lemon wheel
Directions:
Add the Midori, vodka, lemon juice and lime juice to a Collins glass with ice.
Stir to combine, then top with a splash of soda water.
Garnish with a lemon wheel.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 6.14.42 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Cadiz, Seville, Spain

I posted a few photos in the past but we will have plenty to see today if things go as they have on past dates.

Some of the things I enjoy in Cadiz are the parks and mosaic walkways there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLyhaYLRHJV--ylW8eJ8k8e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391619

These photos were taken in December 2018 so no huge crowds were around to dodge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-5mZvggSU8wy0wq2BRUgt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391670

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIY0Z-mqbmrdzjyDewZ37zn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388688

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYSGz5FEK6Nf9WCuHHjo1_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391637

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL38T_VHYTka1qojjkbMEdP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391647

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILaZqkYNUSnDiT5W5fCMxm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391687

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrNbffaTNczG-nL13O3hYB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391684

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

Lots of trouble getting on CC today.

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) in acute care for heart issues, med changes, hopefully to rehab today

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Nickelpenny having a family emergency

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Hal Sailer diagnosed with lymphoma

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

JazzyV with leg swelling and discomfort

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday to cunnorl’s DH (Scott)!

Crazing Terri’s DH Jim not needing a tooth extraction

Vict0riann’s DH Pat post heart valve replacement 9/24, now home

Kazu moved into new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

TAW1963 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer, Haljo1935 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer – celebrating 35th anniversary, Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 20

Hallelujah! CC came up just in time for a super quick post. 

@Nickelpennyhas been found! Praying her family emergency is resolved soon. 

Be well everyone! 

Doña Maria 2018 Petit Verdot Red(Alentejano)

Pick whichever Petit Verdot strikes your fancy. I  chose one that Wine Enthusiast gave a 92 rating for the 2018 vintage. A few online distributors with prices starting at $20.00.

92 Wine Enthusiast 

This is an unusual and fine blend with rich tannins, dark colors and black fruits all around. It has some tannins with a dense texture and black plum flavors. Drink from 2024. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

I continue to wrap work up. I am planning ahead so I don't have to do too much while I am away. As online faculty, I am expected to be present in the classes, but my plan is to do what I can ahead of time. This weekend will be last minute packing. My sister has not started packing. We are very different humans. I plan and get ready ahead of time, she procrastinates. Oh well. The only thing really left to do is that I am using ArriveCam for our Declaration forms to enter Canada. Doing everything, I can in order to avoid long lines for customs. 8 days to go!

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

50+ Hilarious Happy Tuesday Memes for Everyone to Share

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good cloudy morning. Possible showers this afternoon. 
It’s been a stressful day here in parts of Berks County. Yesterday Schuylkill Valley high school was put on lockdown due to a 911 call of a student with a gun. A 16 year old was found with a Glock replica BB gun in his waistband.   Today the entire district has been shut down due to another threat posted on social media. 🙏 are needed that this will end.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.  Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  

I’ve been mia this week as my mom has been visiting.  This morning finds us at a Hilton Garden Inn in Ronkonkoma NY as we await news of my mom’s brother Henry.  We were traveling down yesterday so that mom could visit him in the nursing home where he had been admitted with dementia a few months ago.  While we were on the Long Island ferry we received a call from his wife saying that he had been taken to the hospital that morning because of a possible stroke.  We’re in wait and see mode.

Three nice days to celebrate, I would love a decent cup of coffee right about now!

I like the quote very much.

The meal and drink suggestions sound tasty, while not a huge kale fan I do like it in stew.

I haven’t been to today’s port.  The photos sure are enticing.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Cadiz, Spain:

cadiz.thumb.jpg.09f20c074a9672411869df51112f54dc.jpg

22362_master.thumb.jpg.10a6fe3c0731c77e343d790f6ae2d061.jpg

l-intro-1683911389.thumb.jpg.3f03651f309b4dbad22340a92118e753.jpg

Sir Pmp won't be posting for a while, off to Europe to board Seabourn and then the Oosterdam, back by Thanksgiving.

I wish you a fantastic cruise on Seabourn and Oosterdam.

• Like 15

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily Sandi and Rich.   I'll celebrate coffee day for sure and fire dogs.  Good quote by Socrates.  A beautiful port city today, thank you Sandi and Graham and to everyone else who share.  I agree with Sandi, the meal would be good minus the Kale.   Pass on the cocktail but today's vino sounds delicious.  Thanks for researching these each day ladies.  

Thanks for the cares and celebrations lists Vanessa, especially while you are at sea.  I hope you are enjoying your cruise.  Prayers for Roy that you get into rehab today.  Continuing prayers for Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Jim and Terri, Pennie, Melissa, Bonnie, Ann, Sandi's DB and Sandi, Pat, Jacqui and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones.  

My back shot lasted a week.  I woke this morning with hip pain and couldn't get back to sleep.  I will work outside today and try to get as much as I can done.  I have a garden club meeting and luncheon tomorrow so will go visit DB too. Have a great Tuesday! Nancy 

More photos from lake neighbors rubbing it in as to what we are missing.  

FB_IMG_1727711631931.jpg

FB_IMG_1727711595144.jpg

FB_IMG_1727711582122.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Good morning, everyone!  

We need some of that rabbit good luck here.  I couldn't sleep last night.  I kept hearing noises and I'd be wide awake. When I finally fell asleep I slept so late that I will miss yoga this morning. Nothing much else on the agenda.    I hope I'll sleep better tonight.   

Happy Birthday to Scott @cunnorl

Birthdaymen.jpg.9343eac320894508ab9bbef8d9ffc6e5.jpg

Today's meal will be great in the coming weeks as the temps cool off.  Our high today is 65, so maybe it would be great today!  If you don't like kale, you can sub in spinach or even cabbage.  Kale isn't so bad in a soup or stew.  Chicken Sausage and Kale Stew

chickensausageandkalestew1.jpg.ee56f9592e584deb9974ad6debc7054b.jpg

I'd go for a bowl of that right now.  This next recipe adds in some cannellini beans which are great for fiber.  Kale, Cannellini Bean, and Chicken Sausage Soup

chickensausageandkalestew2.jpeg.96fa2d21c2f78a1f841fc8888072d50e.jpeg

This last recipe uses a greater variety of vegetables in the soup and a different seasoning.  You can really use the vegetables you like in the soup.   Chicken Sausage Soup

chickensausageandkalestew3.thumb.jpg.8cb4b16caca1b2f5ffab72003efd7326.jpg

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a warm day at the beach

Since I am a coffee drinker, I will celebrate Coffee Day! Good Quote. Dont think I would care for the meal or the drink.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes for my DH. He is 70 today! I had a few friends in last nite for Publix's famous ice cream cake. So good. He doesnt like a fuss but I do. LOL.

We are going to spend today picking a few excursions for our WC coming up in January. We have been able to book a car/driver in a few ports that way we dont have to split up. 

Hope all on the Care List find comfort soon. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25

🐰  🐰  🐇

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is 63F.  The weather is beginning to sound like a broken record with a 2mph wind from the NNW, 87% humidity and a dew point of 60F.  Our predicted high is 92F.  Today will be a much easier day with a short trip to the Post Office; then, tackling inside chores.  DH has PT early this afternoon.  Hopefully it will be pleasant outside this afternoon so I can sit out and read some.  A quick update from my rant yesterday.   The seller sent another message asking what was offensive in his message, and I pointed out the particular sentences.  He sent another message that he understood.  That part of the message was standard, but he would stop using all caps and would shorten the message.  So maybe other buyers won't be offended.

Fire pups are important, especially the Dalmatians.  International Beautyfull World is also good.  Someone else can enjoy my coffee.  I love the smell of fresh coffee grounds and freshly brewed coffee, but not the taste.

The Socrates quote is so very true.

I think we'll pass on the meal, especially the kale.  We'll also pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

We have visited Cadiz several times, and gone into Seville a few times.

Two different days in history today.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope the newlyweds have a wonderful cruise.

@Mr. Boston  I hope your mother's DB is better today, and that she will get to visit him.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry the back injection only lasted a week.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

@cunnorl  Charlene, please wish Scott a VERY HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY for us.

istockphoto-1282148900-612x612.jpg.5e29f4d31091ff6a4b3d78ff5a229de1.jpg

459071810_3749809978667874_1248303214478671750_n.jpg.e3617da3949293465d89375a61f4eb4e.jpg

460667849_487630060770564_1975019379440640379_n.jpg.adbe68f06699f484b56c73e1937148ac.jpg

460947104_489062293960674_104046095724200715_n.jpg.da568674e60b8d98b79fe49cfa001906.jpg

460959929_122238286322002401_299577789222099765_n.jpg.af3065a5025e8c605c81fcf6559ea84c.jpg

461082916_122155764842048713_7412393057199598664_n.jpg.1333a62ba7c12ca54c31a23aee01365e.jpg

460924229_122207524808030965_4212283682436451594_n.jpg.3d43467e2e1e85be0450034bd4b7afbd.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14