The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 1st, 2024

StLouisCruisers

20 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Please just do what’s easiest for you, Sandy!  Keeping things going here is appreciated by many.

Some months ago I had a stupid kitchen accident while chopping onions, so haven’t been typing much at all — but still read sometimes and try to keep up.  Just about all healed up now.

Again, thanks for filling in for Rich.  You’re awesome.

Maxine

Oh my gosh, Maxine!  I'm so sorry to hear about that kitchen accident and that you haven't been able to type much since then.  So glad to hear you're just about healed up.  Thank you for your kind words!  Hugs! 🤗

• Like 15

Checking in from a warm “fall” day, registering 101 at this time. Great collection of days and the meal, yummy and yes to all recipes. Have been to Cadiz twice on Koningsdam in 2016. Our first stop we did a bike riding tour, the tour was great but the bikes, not so much. We ride comfort bikes here with the larger padded seats, these were like street bikes with slim hard leather seats, makes me cringe thinking about it. Our second stop we just wandered around the square and had coffee and something sweet in that area.

Street work continues but we could get out today to make a stop at two grocery stores. After we got home, I noticed on the receipt we got charged for one item that we didn’t get and the mini pumpkins we got were charged incorrectly. Between the two it was $10, so off we went for a refund. We had forgotten an item anyway, so it all worked out. We’re off to our across the street neighbor today for Happy Hour, we usually stay just 45 minutes and she has her wine and we wait u til we get home. Having pulled pork sandwiches for dinner along with coleslaw, so it’ll be an easy dinner.

Thinking of all on the care list, glad @rafinmdis going back to rehab and wish him a quick recovery. I think the font is fine @StLouisCruisers, thanks for doing such a great job! 

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers I think it looks fine.  Small issue in the scheme of things these days, so do what is easiest for you.  It is a big job to get this thread going each morning and you are doing a stellar job of it.  

It was a quiet day here as it was rainy outside so we watched movies this afternoon.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

@StLouisCruisers I think it looks fine.  Small issue in the scheme of things these days, so do what is easiest for you.  It is a big job to get this thread going each morning and you are doing a stellar job of it.  

It was a quiet day here as it was rainy outside so we watched movies this afternoon.

Thank you Debbie.  And I think your movie watching this afternoon sounds ideal.  Don't you love retirement?

• Like 11

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes, the fonts do seem larger these days.  But I copy and paste information that Rich prepared ahead of time.  When I paste it in the reply box CC's default type size seems to be the reason they appear larger.  In order to make them smaller I will have to remember to change the size.  Of course this will take longer, but I can try to do that. There is a small selection of fonts too and I'm not sure I can match what the original information is set up as.  I always try to do my best and will continue to do so.

Sandi, first thank you for making sure there is the Fleet Report and Daily for us each morning.  A year or so ago, many people here and on other HAL threads said the font size was too small and difficult to read, especially when readimg on tablets, and that includes DH. .Since then, unless like now, when I'm on my tablet, I use a larger size font.  The larger fonts of the Daily make finding the different items easier.  In other words, keep the new layout.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I look at Post #1 and its larger font and I consider that it’s highlighting the headlines. Rich and Sandi selflessly spend a great amount of time publishing the Daily every day and I appreciate their dedicated volunteerism.

IMO it’s fine the way it is. We have been looking at a similar format for years

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good evening!  It was hot again, 104, so the same ole thing every day. Tomorrow says 98??  Can that be right?  We will see. 

I had a busy day today. Dr’s follow up this morning with lots of errands afterwards and a zoom meeting late afternoon. I’m embarrassed that I haven’t caught up with reading the book. I have to try harder to read more. Also it seems that the Dr’s NP wants to send me to PT for my neck and SI even though it didn’t really help the first time I did it. I’m with Debbie @dfish, just keep moving. So I told the NP that and she did say that was important. 

DM & I got pedicures yesterday, in fact that’s where I was when I got Pennie’s @Nickelpenny email and posted. We then went and picked up her new glasses and had lunch. She raved about the wine the entire meal even though we have had it before. It is a good one so if you see it on a menu have a glass. The Ned, SB from New Zealand. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

I look at Post #1 and its larger font and I consider that it’s highlighting the headlines. Rich and Sandi selflessly spend a great amount of time publishing the Daily every day and I appreciate their dedicated volunteerism.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

+1 I love the font!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today was another weird one, no sales, and DH was in rare form.  He got up at 10:55 and of course needs to watch the Price is Right, so while he was doing that, I was reading some emails, catching up with friends via the internet, and getting my work stuff together, he was eating breakfast when it could have been lunch.  Worked for 3 hours, took 2 hours off, and when I went back to work I asked him if he could do me a favor.  Find a box I can put the bathroom stuff in so that I could paint, and some sand paper.  Well I still dont have the sandpaper and in his search for a box, he threw a lot of paperwork into the trash, not sure if he went through it, and then suddenly it was 6 pm, and one of the kittens was missing.

Since DH had opened several closets, and said that Turnip had helped him, we tore the house apart to find the lost kitten. And we went through the trash bags just to make sure the little bugger had not wandered into one.  Then all of a sudden we turn around, and there was Turnip. So for an hour I thought he had changed all the rooms small trash bags out only to find after I took the trash down at 9, he had done nothing, but throw out old mail.  I mean really old mail. I have a box.  A short fuse, and a loss of humor.  He also said he would put the clothes in the dryer, and at midnight, I did that.  Some days are just longer than others.  I need sleep.  Good night friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi, another vote for larger fonts. I actually change the size of my font - on purpose. When I remember. 

Thank you for not just posting the Daily, but checking to make sure things are as accurate as possible.  

Ann

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, first thank you for making sure there is the Fleet Report and Daily for us each morning.  A year or so ago, many people here and on other HAL threads said the font size was too small and difficult to read, especially when readimg on tablets, and that includes DH. .Since then, unless like now, when I'm on my tablet, I use a larger size font.  The larger fonts of the Daily make finding the different items easier.  In other words, keep the new layout.

Lenda

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

7 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺

+1 I love the font!!

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I agree! The font is perfect!! Thank you Rich and Sandi!

Thanks again for such huge support of keeping things the way they are currently.  I think it's fine.  I could make it one size smaller but don't want a revolt!  haha

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Today was another weird one, no sales, and DH was in rare form.  He got up at 10:55 and of course needs to watch the Price is Right, so while he was doing that, I was reading some emails, catching up with friends via the internet, and getting my work stuff together, he was eating breakfast when it could have been lunch.  Worked for 3 hours, took 2 hours off, and when I went back to work I asked him if he could do me a favor.  Find a box I can put the bathroom stuff in so that I could paint, and some sand paper.  Well I still dont have the sandpaper and in his search for a box, he threw a lot of paperwork into the trash, not sure if he went through it, and then suddenly it was 6 pm, and one of the kittens was missing.

Since DH had opened several closets, and said that Turnip had helped him, we tore the house apart to find the lost kitten. And we went through the trash bags just to make sure the little bugger had not wandered into one.  Then all of a sudden we turn around, and there was Turnip. So for an hour I thought he had changed all the rooms small trash bags out only to find after I took the trash down at 9, he had done nothing, but throw out old mail.  I mean really old mail. I have a box.  A short fuse, and a loss of humor.  He also said he would put the clothes in the dryer, and at midnight, I did that.  Some days are just longer than others.  I need sleep.  Good night friends.

That sounds like a lot to get through in one day. Stay strong!!  Here's a huge hug from me! 

{{{{🤗}}}}