More NiCkeL and diming.. All for your convenience of course

fstuff1

More at Seas is a joke
https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/more-at-sea

NCL is just spinning it about the higher $ we'll be paying.

May be an image of text that says 'Meta Sail Length Studio, Inside, Oceanview 3-7 nights 8-11 nights 12+ nights 3 nights 4-6 nights 7 nights 8-11 nights 12+ nights of Dining Package Meals 1 meal 2 meals 3 meals 1 meal 2 meals 3 meals 4 meals 5 meals Balcony Above Additional Cost in USD per Package $20 $40 $60 $20 $40 $60 $80 $100'

The dining package is now valued at $100 per  meal if 20% tip! 😞

image.png.851ca5778e56d0fc962b78d6fc6ff4db.png

Under the old drinks package, tips was $21/day

Feestyle cruising is alive and well under new Ceo Harry

(I need to change my SIG)

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• fstuff1 changed the title to More NiCkeL and diming.. All for your convenience of course
29 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Great news!!  You dont have to participate!!! No extra charge!!!

We will probably not take the included MAS meals but still do the drink package.  It's worth the $30 p.p. a day for us but getting close to the edge on still being value for money.  We have the two Platinum perk meals and have no problem with the complementary venues.  There is so much food on any cruise ship that I don't really find a reason to pay for more of what I already have too much of!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Travelling2Some said:

We will probably not take the included MAS meals but still do the drink package.  It's worth the $30 p.p. a day for us but getting close to the edge on still being value for money.  We have the two Platinum perk meals and have no problem with the complementary venues.  There is so much food on any cruise ship that I don't really find a reason to pay for more of what I already have too much of!

The drink package is still ok compared to some other lines... For sure.. But yea, the meals, about time to not even worry about specialty dining.. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

NCL's reputation for nickle and diming is alive and well under CEO Harry.

Feestyle cruising indeed

So,,, were you getting a comped Plus beverage package which is now a regular beverage package?  

Or were you just getting a comped regular package in which case you get 40% more choices now???? 

• Haha 1

The house wins every time.  All offers and all promos are to increase revenue.  That will never change.  No company or corporation sits around pondering how they can make less money.  NCL has their bean counters and figured out how much revenue this will increase.

Its true, the word more could actually mean less.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yep. Paying for what YOU want isn't nickel and diming. Not all of us want to pay for things we aren't using.

Then don't pay for it. What are you choosing to pay for that you don't use? I guess I am technically choosing to pay for the kids' club that is included, even though I don't have kids. I don't think NCL is nickel and diming me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZSvensk said:

Then don't pay for it. What are you choosing to pay for that you don't use? I guess I am technically choosing to pay for the kids' club that is included, even though I don't have kids. I don't think NCL is nickel and diming me.

Uh, OK. Perhaps your response should have been directed to @fstuff1. The point was that paying for what you use isn't what Nickel and Diming means.

One reason I choose NCL is that they DON'T nickel and dime anyone in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Nickel and diming" is a term used to describe the practice of charging small, incremental fees for additional services, features, or products, often adding up to a significant overall cost. It typically refers to situations where a business or entity appears to be squeezing every possible cent out of a customer by imposing these minor charges, which may not be clear upfront.

The phrase can be used in both a literal and metaphorical sense:

1. **Literal Sense**: A company may charge customers for small things like transaction fees, baggage fees, or extra charges for condiments or amenities. Each individual charge may seem minor, but they accumulate, making the total cost much higher than initially expected.

2. **Metaphorical Sense**: It can also describe any situation where someone feels they are being taken advantage of through numerous small demands or expectations. For example, an employer might "nickel and dime" an employee by assigning many small tasks that, together, take up a considerable amount of time and energy without fair compensation or recognition.

In both contexts, the term usually carries a negative connotation, implying that the practice is unfair or exploitative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Downgrade then. If I read it right, can’t even get water (beyond the stuff they deliver to your room). And no more Starbucks. 😞 

Water isn't a problem. 

Bathroom sink is the same water from the water dispenser at the buffet. 

I like the $25+ glass wines

For kicks the last couple weeks I filed away some screen names of folks getting pretty excited about the rising NCLH stock.  Oh the glee, and even a bit of happiness for this here "page-o-complaints".  Thus far I have found about 15 screen names screaming about the new Nickle and Diming with this change.  I can't say for sure but I beginning to think that humans simply can't be pleased in any way.   It never ceases to amaze me.  Stocks rise, in part due to sound financial decsions and perfromance.  Coming out of Covid knowing that could, and likely will, happen again at some point measures had to be taken to ensure the company can stabilize.  Either way, my word folks...have any of you tried to get the same exact style vacation on land recently?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VtMac said:

Either way, my word folks...have any of you tried to get the same exact style vacation on land recently?  

I suppose you could look to land vacations, but I would keep it in the industry. We have found much better value on competing cruise lines since Covid. We paid about the same as an NCL cruise but in our opinion received better entertainment, more inclusive beverage packages, less daily service charges, itineraries delivered as marketed. So much so, that we never looked back to NCL. It doesnt mean we wouldn't sail NCL again if we could find value there. We like the design of the pre-Prima class ships and have usually had good service ...but since Covid, all things considered, it just hasn't been there for us. My sister just booked her first MSC cruise, as well.

• Like 1