"Unlimited deserts" with the Princess Premier package

beshears

I know there is NO WAY that I will be eating very many deserts or sweet items, but my question is, with the Premier package, are the deserts they consider "unlimited" where you get the gelato, cones, etc, or some other areas too?

Posted (edited)

All ship dependent.

The three cakes are usually in the international café of your ship, if it has one and the flavors are black forest, chocolate, and red velvet.

The vanilla gelato Sundaes with all the candy/ small cake/ brownie pieces in them -you may get those at the gelateria area, swirls ,or coffee and cones depending on what ship you’re on.

Most that have a package try 1 or 2 per cruise, and then they are done. They are unlimited,so……. For premier package.

2 per day for plus package.

Edited by arizonaperson

If you are on a Royal Class ship then there is a gelato bar in the Piazza. On the Sun gelato is available on deck 7. Grand Class ships may or may not have gelato. I did not see it on the Ruby this year.

I saw the cakes at the International Cafe. You order and it is delivered to you from a kitchen area.

I saw those candied sundaes at coffee & cones.

You can also order items on the Ocean Now app.

Except for the gelato doubtful you be able to even consume more than a few selections for an entire cruise. 

I believe that instead of just 'Premium Desserts' the website has shown a more general description, like Sweet Treats.   Like many have said, I have no interest in those huge concoctions, but especially my DH would take advantage of Gelato.  I see some special Gelato Sundaes at the Gelateria on Sun Princes that look really good.

I am hoping that all of these Gelato SWEETS are included.

2 hours ago, beshears said:

I know there is NO WAY that I will be eating very many deserts or sweet items, but my question is, with the Premier package, are the deserts they consider "unlimited" where you get the gelato, cones, etc, or some other areas too?

The Plus package includes 2 a day, so hopefully that isn't the only reason you are going with Premier? If so, you'd be better off just paying for it if you go over the 2 a day.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

On the Sun gelato is available on deck 7. 

Except for the gelato doubtful you be able to even consume more than a few selections for an entire cruise. 

On the Sun I've read that some people say the gelato was available at the Gelateria using the package to get the Special desserts. 

If so I could easily have on each day at lunch time.... and maybe one each night after the show. (if we can get in)

Thank you ALL for your input on this. As I said, even though we are doing the Premier package (I was just going along with the other 7), I doubt if there will be very many deserts I will be getting. Yes when we were on the ship in February of this year, the area with the main deserts was across from the International Cafe. I did like a small dish of the gelato (first time), but the other is too rich for me. 🙂 

2 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you ALL for your input on this. As I said, even though we are doing the Premier package (I was just going along with the other 7), I doubt if there will be very many deserts I will be getting. Yes when we were on the ship in February of this year, the area with the main deserts was across from the International Cafe. I did like a small dish of the gelato (first time), but the other is too rich for me. 🙂 

Desserts. Yum!

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Is it true that you cannot have any of these "unlimited" desserts until you reach international waters?  😄

Nope. Nor is it true that the Premier package is being charged for alcohol out of certain ports.

Yes, I knew that you were making humor, I just didn't want the argument started...again. The horse has been beaten, revived, died again and brought back. 😁🙄

On the Royal Princess, I had those massive sundaes about once every 2-3 days while having the Premier package. Could never finish all of it but the first few scoops are nice to have.

Also had the premium cakes (chocolate & red velvet) from the Gelato bar every day or two. You also can get a scoop of vanilla gelato with the cake.

• Like 1