Discounted Gift Cards Being Offered On Newegg

Daniel A

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Could it be that it's because it's the first time using Newegg. CC was charged immediately.

I think it is difficult for us to comprehend the volume of traffic this site gets when they have a flash sale like this.  With AARP, people were buying cards at their leisure.  With these flash sales, especially ones that are now instantly broadcast on sites like this one, or FB or Reddit, one can only imagine the traffic that generates compacted into just a few hours.  I suspect that it takes way more time to process these orders than the hour turnaround that they promise.   

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brewsbro5 said:

Newegg $500 Princess GC for $460 today.  Limit of 1.  Received card within 3 minutes of order.  Code# SSDXA429

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thank you so much!  I just got my one $500 card and every little bit helps. 

Also, @Daniel A I so appreciate you starting this thread.

6 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Me too. Retired, so I have the time to play the game.

6 hours ago, Vexorg said:

Thanks, got a final payment coming up on a cruise, applied it to that.

6 hours ago, FlutePrayer said:

Thank you very, very much for the alert! I am grateful for the opportunity to take advantage of this sale.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just came here to post that the offer was up but I see I'm far too late for that. @mike&elena thanks for making the phone call. I was being quite annoyed that it said 5 cards but limited it to one. Good to know it's not just a weird glitch. Ah, well. I did get the one card and will keep checking back multiple times per day in hopes of snagging more.

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Thanks.  Just saved another $40.  

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Snagged one just now. Thanks all, especially @Daniel A

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Got it, thanks. 

We're not old enough for AARP, so this is good for us. 

Received after an hour. Maybe they're just that busy. Thanks for the "heads up".

@Host CJSKIDS - Is there any chance of making this thread have a sticky?  As you can see, it's new and has already helped a number of Princess CC members.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Received after an hour. Maybe they're just that busy. Thanks for the "heads up".

I ordered at 9:25 AM (time stamp on the acknowledgment email) and received the card email at 10:03 AM. Not as fast as AARP but definitely timely. Of course I immediately checked the balance on the card and verified the $500 balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Logged in as my wife using her Google credentials. I even used a VPN to have a different IP. Nope. Perhaps it's the shipping address or the fact that it was the same credit card (with my name on it) but they said, "Sorry" and said I had already gotten my one card. D'Oh! (Newegg has much better IT staff than Princess.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Thrak said:

Logged in as my wife using her Google credentials. I even used a VPN to have a different IP. Nope. Perhaps it's the shipping address or the fact that it was the same credit card (with my name on it) but they said, "Sorry" and said I had already gotten my one card. D'Oh! (Newegg has much better IT staff than Princess.)

I would bet that it’s the credit card.

23 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I would bet that it’s the credit card.

@Thrak, Yes, my friend just tried to order another one under a different account, but because it was the same credit card, it was denied, used a different credit card and it worked.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 2

@Daniel A I totally appreciate your suggestion and also thank you for the link.  The issue with making everything a sticky is then it fills up page 1 and possibly page 2 and I'm afraid that new posters would not bother going to page 3.  That's what tends to happen on google from what I've been told.

Thanks again for helping everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The issue with making everything a sticky is then it fills up page 1 and possibly page 2 and I'm afraid that new posters would not bother going to page 3.

I couldn't agree more.  Might even be time to retire some existing stickies as they already occupy half of page 1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Two of them pertain to Sun Princess.

Yeah.  And one is locked and hasn't been added on to since March, and there are enough other threads about the ship that it isn't really necessary to pin the ones that pertain to Sun.  Soon Star will be the new kid on the block and that will generate a stickie thread.  I suppose that once upon a time there were stickies pertaining to Royal when it was new, but those are gone.  And the "Dine My Way" Program is way out of date.  That thread was started in 2021 and little of what was new back then even survives any more.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Thrak, Yes, my friend just tried to order another one under a different account, but because it was the same credit card, it was denied, used a different credit card and it worked.

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

@wallyj Bingo! Used her login and her card and it went right through. 😉

GAH! My wife just got a notice that her order has been cancelled due to being over the limit. Ah, well. That's how it goes. I will just have to be content with the one card.

==============

We regret to inform you that the item(s) in your order(s): xxxxxxxxx have exceeded the quantity limit.

Your order(s) have been voided as a result. If your account was charged, please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be refunded to your original form of payment.

Popular items and items with limited quantity have a cap on how many you can buy within 48 hours.

Thank you for your understanding.

Newegg Customer Service Team

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kb4683 said:

Are you guys getting the e-card and are you going to use toward final payment or against on-board account?  

At this point, I want to try to use it as payments for excursions.  If I can't do that, I'll add it as OBC when I'm onboard.

@Thrak - maybe Newegg read your earlier post here at #37  😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Are you guys getting the e-card and are you going to use toward final payment or against on-board account?  

If I was still able to get 5 at a time they would go toward paying off our March cruise and perhaps adding one for OBC. We also have two more cruises (one is a cruisetour) booked for 2025 and would love to pay for them at a discount.

In late 2023 we did 63 days on Grand Princess and we paid for the cruise(s), some expensive excursions, and the flight home from Melbourne using nothing but discounted cards.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

GAH! My wife just got a notice that her order has been cancelled due to being over the limit. Ah, well. That's how it goes. I will just have to be content with the one card.

==============

@Thrak, did you used the same device? I believe the site tracks IP address? as well as credit card? They do make it difficult for couples who may combine accounts.

Edited by wallyj

For statistical purposes only:

Order=2:09 pm

Receipt of Digital Card=7:59 pm

The activity on this board alone, including cancelled orders because of exceeding the limits, suggests that when they run these sales, the virtual switchboard lights up like the Vegas Strip and it takes quite a while to fill orders.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Thrak, did you used the same device? I believe the site tracks IP address? as well as credit card? They do make it difficult for couples who may combine accounts.

I used a VPN so the IP should have shown Los Angeles when I tried. I live a good 8 or 8½ hour drive from LA.

First time on the thread today, so thanks for the heads up.  I got a single card on my account.  I opened a new account for my wife, used a different email address and a different credit card to pay for it.  Got acknowledgement email of order and five minutes later got cancellation of order for being over the limit.  When I opened my wife's Newegg account it was mandatory to enter our address.  Because of this, it obviously was the reason that our second order got bounced.

• Like 1