Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Via Priceline, $78 for March 7, 2010. That improved on the $99 Travelzoo rate I already had.

Wow great price for the Omni-stayed there a week last August, you will love it, the service and rooms are GGreat!!! I am jealous, paid $200/nite, was there for a convention.

Didn't want to pay rack rate for the Holiday Inn on the Bay, but as we will be without a vehicle, I wanted to be near Seaport, Coronado Ferry, etc.

Started at $70, bidding in $5 increments, got the Westin San Diego for $80. That's a little higher than recent downtown bids, but it is Spring Break for many, so I'm pleased. Westin rack rate for same days starts at $144.

Edited by tinabinab

What did you request for the Doubletree on Priceline? Do u request so many stars and location?

Yep, what nanatravel said. I will add that another hotel that you can get when bidding 3.5* in the San Pedro Priceline area is the Crown Plaza San Pedro. I have gotten this hotel the last 2 times I have bid for pre-cruise out of LA(ish). It is a gret location for the port, too. Very easy, 10 minute shuttle ride.

On Jan 17 I placed a bid on Priceline for San Diego for Feb 4and 5.

Started at $50 and bid in $5 increments for 3* in downtown.

Accepted at $60 at The Holiday Inn on the Bay.

Hotel website started rooms at $125

Just out of curiosity, what is the address of the HI that you won?

I bid the exact same thing and got the HI downtown, it is only about a half a mile away from the HI on the bay. The HI downtown is 1617 First Avenue.

Just out of curiosity, what is the address of the HI that you won?

I bid the exact same thing and got the HI downtown, it is only about a half a mile away from the HI on the bay. The HI downtown is 1617 First Avenue.

Roscoe, I got very lucky. The Holiday Inn on the Bay is at 1355 North Harbor Drive, right across from the pier. We had our group reservation for the night before the cruise (Feb 6) at the Holiday Inn on the Bay.

For our other 2 nights (Feb 4 & 5) I did not care where we stayed as long as it was downtown. I was not expecting Holiday Inn on the Bay, but luckily that is what we got. So now we will not have to change Hotels on Saturday.

I wish now we did not have the group reservation - those have to be canceled 30 days ahead, so it was to late to cancel that reservation and add a day to our winning bid - I did try though.

See you on the Spirit.

Hi, has anybody out there bid their airfare on priceline?

I have done this in the past, but I would ONLY do it if you're pretty flexible and are going to and from a location with many flight options. I think you'll stand a better chance of getting decent flights. That said, we've actually had good luck with it - but like with the hotels, it is a bit of a gamble. We have also done well using PL for package deals.

3.5* San Pedro, tried $95 and was rejected, upped to $97 and added LGB and won Crowne Plaza San Pedro.

Isn't LGB, Long Beach area? Didn't you take a big chance on getting a 3 1/2 * in Long Beach? I know the Long Beach Airport is an option, as they don't have a 3 1/2* hotel. I am trying to figure out a bidding strategy for the CP stay in April. I too have been rejected as high as $95. I have a reservation that I can cancel, so I am willing to wait.

Hyatt at Olive 8 (4*'s)

Seattle, Wa

Priceline $100 one night

8/13/10

Hope this is good price. Now I just need to figure out how to get from SEA to hotel, then from hotel to Pier 66. Anyone know the the best way???

thanks~

I have a reservation that I can cancel, so I am willing to wait.

Is your reservation at the Crowne Plaza? If it is, you are working against yourself. Hotels release rooms to Priceline if they have excess inventory. When you reserve a room, you are taking it out of the excess class.