Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Did you have any problems being in a 5A since they are above the Atlantic deck (piano bar etc) with noise at all or where they pretty quite?

I am assigned to 4144 on the Legend (had booked a 1A gty, so a pretty sweet sounding upgrade, assuming it's not too noisy).

your cabin is above the shops- you wont get noise from that area. Your cabin is between two lifeboats so your view will be of the whole lifeboat.

I'm going on my first cruise ever on RCCL SOS. I had no idea what I was doing and I picked a junior suite on deck 10, but then I read the cruise critics review of how to pick a cabin and it says to pick one on a lower deck. Have any of you ever stayed on the SOS on deck 10 and could tell me what it was like?

Try to find out where the exit door (I'm sure there's a proper name). On excursion days that we were met by tenders, they started preparing very early. It was noisy...equipment, people, boats and I don't know what else they were doing. On days we docked it wasn't a problem.

Any comments? Have done balcony before, hope not be disappointed. Did these cabins because we are doing Pacific Coastal and didn't think we would be using balcony all that much to warrent the ever so much higher rate. Thanks in advance.

I'm going on my first cruise ever on RCCL SOS. I had no idea what I was doing and I picked a junior suite on deck 10, but then I read the cruise critics review of how to pick a cabin and it says to pick one on a lower deck. Have any of you ever stayed on the SOS on deck 10 and could tell me what it was like?

What SOS?

Sovereign?

Serenade?

Splendour?

Sorry, it's the Sovereign in early June.

I am going on the Sovereign in about 2 weeks (April 4). I am staying on Deck 10 (1048). Deck 10 outside cabins are all suites (JS, GS etc).

What room are you in? Outside? Inside? What are your concerns regarding Deck 10. If you tell me I can look for it and report back. ;)

Sorry, it's the Sovereign in early June.

I stayed in a deck 10 JS on Majesty, Sovereign's sister. I actually posted this way early in this thread. I was kept up every night by a loud banging noise overhead. I don't know if they were moving tables, etc, but it was very load, very annoying, and always around 2 am. It lasted for hours.

It was so bad, I asked to be moved to another room. I was willing to downgrade in order to get some sleep. Unfortunately, it was a full ship.

By the way, it was JS 1562.

You were right under the pool area.

I will be in 1048. It's right next to the elevators. So no noise from above. Let's just hope it is as quiet as any other cabin near the elevators.

Well, between the two of us Sube should get some good info.

Thanks! I am staying in 1046. How funny is that? I had no idea cabins near elevators are quieter. I thought it would be noisier. I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks again!

How lucky are you....LOL.

We have 1048 (wife and I) and 1046 (my dad, sis and niece). If you want to I can take some pics of the stateroom.

I'll kick a report to you no later than 4-8.

:D;)

8275 is a connecting cabin-- do you have friends in the other cabin??

IF not- what I would do is go down one deck and move more central. A few more cabins toward the aft will make all the difference in the world

For two weeks--- I would think a little closer to the action= on deck 8 the windows are slanted out some-- where on deck 7-- its between cabin space and away from public areas. Your views will be great.

Hi Serene56

Just in case I am unable to upgrade later in year I have decided to take your advice and move down a deck. We are now booked into 7287 for both weeks. This appears to be pretty central. What do you think?

Sandra

Hi Serene56

Just in case I am unable to upgrade later in year I have decided to take your advice and move down a deck. We are now booked into 7287 for both weeks. This appears to be pretty central. What do you think?

Sandra

Sorry Serene I should have said...Freedom of the Seas

How lucky are you....LOL.

We have 1048 (wife and I) and 1046 (my dad, sis and niece). If you want to I can take some pics of the stateroom.

I'll kick a report to you no later than 4-8.

:D;)

Thanks! I look forward to seeing the pics. Have a great cruise! :)

Sandra- I think you made a very wise move.. especially for two weeks

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/freedomoftheseas.htm

Thanks Serene, I appreciate your advice. I don't mind the same menu for 2 weeks, after all I don't have to have the same meal.:) Not sure about the same shows but what the heck...:cool:

Sandra

Hi folks, we don't have much cruising experience so I'd welcome any and all comments.

Brilliance of the Seas, cabin 9660, is one the 4 balcony cabins at the aft end. Any feedback - good or bad - since we still can change it.

thanks

Hi there, remember me from the roll call? :D As you may have thought, we're aft lovers. We have had cabin 9256 corner aft on the Brilliance for our 2004 cruise. We moved next door to 9258 for our Med cruise this year. We loved the cabin and huge balcony.

No problem with noise since the outside seating area for the Windjammer is up two decks. The only drawback is the long walk to midship where the elevators are but we found that to be no big problem. There is a "secret" stairway marked crew only right next to cabin 9256 that leads down to the walkway on deck 6 and also up to the Windjammer. I used a a few times to bring down snacks in the evening. The doors are sort of heavy, but it sure saved a long walk. Cabin 9660 was the cabin my BIL and his wife booked but had to cancel. You wouldn't happen to be a pilot would you? Just wondering.

Aubie

Hi there, remember me from the roll call? :D As you may have thought, we're aft lovers. We have had cabin 9256 corner aft on the Brilliance for our 2004 cruise. We moved next door to 9258 for our Med cruise this year. We loved the cabin and huge balcony.

No problem with noise since the outside seating area for the Windjammer is up two decks. The only drawback is the long walk to midship where the elevators are but we found that to be no big problem. There is a "secret" stairway marked crew only right next to cabin 9256 that leads down to the walkway on deck 6 and also up to the Windjammer. I used a a few times to bring down snacks in the evening. The doors are sort of heavy, but it sure saved a long walk. Cabin 9660 was the cabin my BIL and his wife booked but had to cancel. You wouldn't happen to be a pilot would you? Just wondering.

Aubie

Of course I remember! Thanks for the info. It's so odd to find out who had booked and dropped the cabin; the internet is a marvelous thing.

Nope - not a pilot. Not in the traditional sense. We have a boat and I do "pilot" that. I manage a reactor fuel storage facility for a big nuclear-electric utility. Doreen is a kitchen designer.

Cabin is now fully booked. Our TA is still checking on flights. We'll likely fly Air Canada and avoid the RCCL flights to reduce a connection.

Doreen and I are really looking forward to meeting you.

regards

Mike

We were upgraded from midship to forward cabin on the Norwegian Star....will NEVER take an upgrade again. We were right under the anchor and it sounded like the ship was being torn apart. Anchor was dropped twice on our Mexican cruise and both times, my husband and I hit the floor from a sound sleep, heart racing from the ominous sounds it made. And we were upgraded to the top deck of cabins......ugh!!!!