Removal of Auto tips on P&O ?

NSWP

Must agree with you about the entertainers. Last time we cruised we had Normie Rowe. The cruise before it we didn't even bother seeing the entertainment as it was people we'd never heard of at all. The cruise before that was Maria Vanuti (sorry I can't spell her name :() Don't get me wrong, Normie was a good entertainer, but I do think P&O could provide some more up-to-date acts for us. I'd love to see some more modern acts on board, such as Rogue Traders, Missy Higgins or even some of the Aus Idol rejects :P But alas it will never happen :(

Pardon the interuption but,

I would invite all of you to the Princess deck for a lively discussion on automatic wage suppliments. Please to not take it to seriously, I have been laughing ever sinse I had the though about starting the thread.

Also as a response to the infamous thread, I used an excuse that was used for tipping for all those who want to abandon formal ware. I hope they get it. Is formal attire needed on formal night.

Blessings, Jim

Sorry I cannot stop laughing and you will all understand, sit back and laugh (I hope)

Pardon the interuption but,

I would invite all of you to the Princess deck for a lively discussion on automatic wage suppliments. Please to not take it to seriously, I have been laughing ever sinse I had the though about starting the thread.

Also as a response to the infamous thread, I used an excuse that was used for tipping for all those who want to abandon formal ware. I hope they get it. Is formal attire needed on formal night.

Blessings, Jim

Sorry I cannot stop laughing and you will all understand, sit back and laugh (I hope)

Jim

It was a great thread, many of us Aussies ventured over to put in our tuppence worth in and hopefully those that ventured over for a read will feel inclined to comment on the Princess boards in the future, it's all bark and no bite, thanks for entertaining us.

Jim

I posted the last message before hopping over to princess

below is a quote of new thread AZbeachboy started, run for cover!!!!!!!!!!

It the automatic wage supplement (AWS) that Princess and other lines charge to cruiser accounts a type of corportate welfare? Doesn't Princess get tax breaks on specific things and do they pass those tax breaks on to cruisers?

AZbeachboy

Looks like they are lost with this one - nobody has mentioned tipping there yet! Think this one will liven up when they make the connection.

In a day or 2 ....Super Caroline, those antipodeans are taking the p**s out of us again.

Cheers,

I was enjoying it. Now I'll never know if they got Joey and Billy out of the old abandoned mine shaft. :D :D

And who is the Aussie Chef?

On the tipping note, my opinion is that it is nothing short of bribery and corruption.

On our last cruise we removed the auto tipping from one and kept it on the other. But that was only for guilt's sake.

Tipping is not in our culture and I resent the idea that is may be sneaking in.

Just to confirm how different it is here from the US, in Sydney we got a taxi from the ship to the other side of Darling Harbour and the fare was $10.35. The taxi driver said: '$10.00 will do, mate."

See, this is Australia, so what did we give him? $10.00 of course. And we were all satisfied with that. He was whistling when he drove away. :)

I reckon they use us Aussies just to make up the numbers on the Princess ships..we are not allowed to say much on CC either:(

Time we made some more noise..HIT the PRINCESS threads..!! Yahoo.!

Cheers..Les

I was on the Princess thread early this morning, reading the automatic wage suppliment post...(they don't get it do they??!!)...just went back and the entire post has disappeared!!! Who is gonna get canned now?? Happyscot or AZbeachboy??

I think someone higher up (cc god) has been pulling anything out of there, that has an Aussie content!!LOL!!

Not even a 'removed' or 'moved' sticker in sight.

Freedom of speech my A***

Disappointed to see the post flushed. Was all good fun, with nothing too offensive. Maybe the picture of Camilla was over the top and caused offense. Not the sort of thing you'd want to be looking at before your first coffee.:eek:

I half expected a "pull your head in you Bad Bad Aussie" email this morning, nothing there yet.

Free speech - Hey isn't it them people that jump up and down quoting the 3rd ammendment.

Three cheers for Happyscot, AZbeachboy, Britisharecoming.

Hip Hip

Free speech - Hey isn't it them people that jump up and down quoting the 3rd ammendment.

Sorry, I meant 1st amendment for that. (that is my first ammendment)

I think the AWSaphobics are just a Princess thing. A post denouncing autotips was made on RCCL, and it took them 6 months to be bothered to reply and say you are a bad, bad person.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10750575 it is post #21

Guess what is #3 in the world list for "auto tipping" search on google?

(out of 1.74 million matches)

Cheers,

Someone on an obscure Princess thread told me I wasn't funny anymore: "you're just slipppin dude", he said with characteristic American respect for language. I was most upset and had to reply, see below. No reply on Princess - they don't love me anymore.

I'm bored. Fed up painting one of the bathrooms. How about a song entitled "It's just that you're slipppin dude" to the tune of Lucille?

In a house in the UK

Across from the USA

In his mansion our Happyscot wrote

Jokes by the dozen

Puns by the coven

And poems he put to the vote.

At first they all hooted

For more they rooted

"Oh Happyscot you're so darned good".

But the laughter soon died

And as one the yanks sighed

"It's just that you're slipppin dude".

You picked a fine time to stop laughing yanks

An unpainted bathroom, for which CC, thanks.

I've made some bad puns

Actually, I've made tons

But now folks I'm yanking my pranks.

Cos "it's just that you're slipppin dude".

Hangs up quill. Walks slowly into the misty gloom of a Scottish mid-summer day. Roll credits.

:(

Someone on an obscure Princess thread told me I wasn't funny anymore: "you're just slipppin dude", he said with characteristic American respect for language. I was most upset and had to reply, see below. No reply on Princess - they don't love me anymore.

----snip here----

:(

Obscure Princess thread lol, Must be that one that doesn't talk about tipping or formal night attire!

Mind you, short wave radio....hmmm.

Just remember happyscot, when they say your not funny anymore, it is a bit like Auto Tipping.........they just don't get it!

Cheers,

Just remember happyscot, when they say your not funny anymore, it is a bit like Auto Tipping.........they just don't get it!

Cheers,

Never has a truer word been spoken;).................cheers shiona:D

I am sure that words starting with S are just not understood by our American Compatriots

Sarcasm

Subtlety

Sincerety

Subsidy

Skippy

and of course

Scotsmen (with a penchant for Robbie Burns!!)

I understand it all but Skippy. That's the kind of peanut butter I use.

Jim,

To put you into the picture Skippy is also a name for a kangaroo. There was an Aussie TV series way, way back for children and it was called "Skippy the Kangaroo". Often our multicultural fellow Aussies will call original Aussies "Skippy". We in turn used to call migrants from other countries "Wogs".

Jennie

AZBEACHBOY & HAPPYSCOT..by the powers invested upon me I hereby anoint thou as Honorary Aussies in recognition of your support to us Aussies on CC, in particular your heroic actions in the field of battle..the Automatic Wage Subsidy thread on Princess section of CC.

Consider yourselves members of P&O Australia section of CC.

Cheers.:cool: (PS..you don't have to mad to be on here, but it helps.!!)

Jim,

To put you into the picture Skippy is also a name for a kangaroo. There was an Aussie TV series way, way back for children and it was called "Skippy the Kangaroo". Often our multicultural fellow Aussies will call original Aussies "Skippy". We in turn used to call migrants from other countries "Wogs".

Jennie

To honour him with his full title.

Skippy the bush kangaroo (no relation to the Red-neck)

Terry

Jim,

We in turn used to call migrants from other countries "Wogs".

Jennie

What do you mean "used to"? My husband is Dutch and I call him a Clog Wog sometimes LOL :p !! It's all in good fun though :)

Does anyone remember when Fast Forward used to throw off at Skippy? Still cracks me up!

What do you mean "used to"? My husband is Dutch and I call him a Clog Wog sometimes LOL :p !! It's all in good fun though :)

Does anyone remember when Fast Forward used to throw off at Skippy? Still cracks me up!

Thanks for that Jo! I loved that show, " Aww, whats up Skip? Where's Clancy?" Nearly as good as Steve Vizard and his "Fukkari rugs" :eek:

Chez

xx

Thanks so much for that. We used to look forward to watching Fast Forward every Saturday day night. It was hilarious. The nearest thing to that now is "Chasers War". T.V. is not nearly as good as it used to be. So many of the good Aussie comedy shows have disappeared.

Jennie

What a great nickname all i got was Scotty Dog White Wog......as a kid in Richmond Melbourne I was raised with plenty of wogs and spags....lol.....all terms of endearment then..... Bit of trivia.... I would like to announce to the world of CC that I was Membership nos 32 in the Skippy Fan Club......omg I can't believe I just admitted that....:o cheers shiona:D mad and proud of it....

Archived