Removal of Auto tips on P&O ?

NSWP

What a great nickname all i got was Scotty Dog White Wog......as a kid in Richmond Melbourne I was raised with plenty of wogs and spags....lol.....all terms of endearment then..... Bit of trivia.... I would like to announce to the world of CC that I was Membership nos 32 in the Skippy Fan Club......omg I can't believe I just admitted that....:o cheers shiona:D mad and proud of it....

I once read a rumour that Skippy lip-synched in most episodes because his accent was too strong for the export market.

At school, we were always fascinated by the fact that kangaroos had a joey in their stomach. I mean, what would they be doing with a condom in the first place, and why eat it?

Booooiiiinnnngggg. Time for bed, said Zebedee. Did you know the BBC bought the Magic Roundabout from the French, but with no soundtrack? So they just made up a script to go with the pictures - true!!

Of course that would make little sense if you didn't get TMR down there in the Antartic.

xx

How good is this, if it was on Princess, someone would have complained about "off topic" and sent it into oblivion", or Floataway

It has been on Princess.

Auto tipping thread was locked on Thursday ( You can see it, but cant add to it) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=581937

AWS (Auto wage subsidy) thread went poof on Sunday morning, vanished way past the floataway lounge and into oblivion.

Cheers,

I loved TMR when I was a kid.

Another bit of trivia about our wonderful native animal. They can actually pause their pregnancies.

Duh!! It's called the menopause.

I'm so sorry cobbers, but I'm forced to laugh at my own joke it's so good. Very un-British, sorry. OK, here goes. Sorry again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i remember Dougal, Brian, Florence and Ermintrude the cow...but I can't remember the rabbits name??!! And there was another bloke there too wasn't there??

Dylan. Eric Thomson, who wrote the English scripts, portrayed him as a joke as a permanently stoned Bob Dylan character. Once you read what Eric was up to the programme suddenly becomes a whole new wonderful thing.

I have to say in fairness to Princess folk, they came through with a load of "we still think you're funny" stuff. They are a lovely lot really - arch-conservative, all apple pie, early to bed, don't drink til you're 105, vote for Hitler if he wasn't so darned left wing, but essentially kind-hearted, caring people who try to help new cruisers. Bloody weird though - yanks, yah know? One guy signs off every time "nothing good happens after midnight". People actually say things like "God bless America" - don't get me started.

I should emphasise I'm only funny on the internet. Meet me and you meet a middle-aged civil servant with a dodgy moustache and a DW who applies a slightly different definition of funny to my utterances.

The two boards are incredibly different. Can't think why..........take it from there, gentle Antipodeans.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jennie,

Did I read on a thread somewhere that you own a restaurant/cafe somewhere in the city??

Kaz

No I don't think you would have read that. We are now retired, my husband is and was a Pharmacist and had his own business.

We do go down your way a lot as our daughter and family live at Red Hill South. In fact, we are going down today to see them.

Jennie

MsMinx, my hubby is Dutch too. I hadn't heard the expression clog wog before, love it. Even though he came here 25 years ago he still has a strong accent and we always hassle him about his "Dinglish"

Dinglish hahaha I love it!! :p My man sounds like an Aussie these days. They left Holland when he was very young.

Glad you all enjoyed the "Skippy" vid. Sadly it was the only one on youtube :( That show was so funny. I miss it!

I loved TMR when I was a kid.

Yeh mee too. I had a friend come over from UK on holidays a few years ago & got them to bring me a videa so my kids could watch it. Might even still have it. Will have to check that out.

Karen

I think the tipping and formal wear threads come up about every week or so.

try asking about babies in nappies (diapers) in the pool and see what happens, they are always good for a 4 or 5 page read!!

Another couple: How big is the safe in your cabin ?

(must have plenty of $ to hide !!)

What time is the midnight Buffet on the ship ?

(same time as midnight mass. !!)

Cheers.:cool:

It's encouraging to see that they (the Princess Posters) have been distracted now by a "Can I wear bermuda shorts in the dining room" post ..... I think it's got the potential to head in the same direction as the tipping! :rolleyes:

Good point Linda... I love reading their threads the requests/demands they have on the Princess ships are amazing.... one i read yesterday and had me thinking for a minute it was "Egg Cartons" (i think that was what they had as the title) and it certainly made interesting reading....

What i want to know is are we here in Australia on the Sun Princess able to put in requests for egg cartons for our beds and i want feather pillows too..... The more we read the more we want........lol cheers shiona

ha ha, you think thats funny!! have you had a look at the Fashion and beauty forum?

"Crocs in the dining room", "Special powder for brazilian waxes" "The fit of ladies sandals" "What size handbag will I take"etc, .....funny I don't see any of us Aussies posting there..........

Chez

xx

Someone posted the question about whether they should leave a 15% tip on the table at the alternative restaurants.

They wondered if the auto tip covered them since they were paying extra for those meals.

"We wouldn't want to stiff anyone" - "Better to tip twice than not at all"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's encouraging to see that they (the Princess Posters) have been distracted now by a "Can I wear bermuda shorts in the dining room" post ..... I think it's got the potential to head in the same direction as the tipping! :rolleyes:

We are trying to make that thread more amusing, as if it was not already. Hope your winter is going well. We have droped here from 115F to 105F, so I guess that means a cool period for us.

Blessings, Jim

Good point Linda... I love reading their threads the requests/demands they have on the Princess ships are amazing.... one i read yesterday and had me thinking for a minute it was "Egg Cartons" (i think that was what they had as the title) and it certainly made interesting reading....

What i want to know is are we here in Australia on the Sun Princess able to put in requests for egg cartons for our beds and i want feather pillows too..... The more we read the more we want........lol cheers shiona

We usually cruise both on HAL and Princess ships that are not in Australian waters and I always request for an Egg Crate Mattress to be put on our bed. Even when we were on the Pacific Princess in January this year I requested one and it was already on the bed when we boarded.

We find the beds to be too hard for our liking and this helps to soften them a bit. This is not such a stupid topic as you think it may be. I know it has been around a long time but we are all novices at some time or another and that is how we learn to get the most out of a cruise.

Sometimes the topics on the Princess Board are not up to much but by the same token we do not have to read them if they do not interest us. I have learnt a lot from all the Boards on C.C. and find the Princess Board to be no different to any other Board. Tolerance is a big factor in life and it works the same on C.C. I, for one have many friends who post on both the Princess and HAL Boards and have learnt a huge amount from them. I for one, am not in the business of poking fun at people from other countries have different ideas from us and the way we think.

Jennie

Couple more I recorded from Princess site over last couple of years...

'Why can't we get fresh milk on Star Princess ?'

(not enough grass for the cows on lower decks.)

'Is the beer cold on Sun Princess?'

(not its warm like the QM2)

'Is the ice cream free on Sapphire Princess?'

(how can anything be 'free, you big pay big bucks to cruise)

Is there a 'topless sunbathing deck on Princess ships ?

(yes, I found one on a couple of ships, did'nt bother me.)

How big are the steaks on Tahitian Princess ?

(small, ask for two.!!)

Yes, some queer questions asked by cruisers..

Cheers.:cool:

Cheers.!!

Well said Jennie!

I think part of how we take things on these boards is because we're not communicating face-to-face and we know that things are sometimes lost in the translation when we're quickly writing a response in limited space and time (or in a difference colour or size font!)

I know quite a few Americans - all of who I think the world of and respect enormously - and I could never imagine them expressing themselves this way - and I'm pretty sure that the views that we pick up on aren't restricted to those that cruise.

We are different, and we have quite different expectations of what we would like to experience when we holiday/cruise, etc - and I do think these boards emphasise some of these differences (not always in the best light).

I have read some of the Princess and other boards with much interest - it really is an insight into how other cruise lines operate - and all of this 'stuff' aside, there are some very good tips and hints that I've picked up from them!

Viva la difference don't we say? (or something like that) --- although I'm glad I'm a laid back, relaxed Aussie! :) All this being said, it still amazes me how a thread that's posted one morning can have sooooo many responses in a couple of hours!

We usually cruise both on HAL and Princess ships that are not in Australian waters and I always request for an Egg Crate Mattress to be put on our bed. Even when we were on the Pacific Princess in January this year I requested one and it was already on the bed when we boarded.

We find the beds to be too hard for our liking and this helps to soften them a bit. This is not such a stupid topic as you think it may be. I know it has been around a long time but we are all novices at some time or another and that is how we learn to get the most out of a cruise.

Sometimes the topics on the Princess Board are not up to much but by the same token we do not have to read them if they do not interest us. I have learnt a lot from all the Boards on C.C. and find the Princess Board to be no different to any other Board. Tolerance is a big factor in life and it works the same on C.C. I, for one have many friends who post on both the Princess and HAL Boards and have learnt a huge amount from them. I for one, am not in the business of poking fun at people from other countries have different ideas from us and the way we think.

Jennie

Jennie,

Thanks for being a voice of reason for this thread - I have really enjoyed your Aussie viewpoint. I hope you have a great time on your Alaska Cruise next year out of Vancouver.:)

Cruise Gypsy,

Thanks. We love your city. We were there last year in September on a cruise that left from Vancouver to Tampa via the Panama Canal and the Amazon. We have friends who live there and they took us to one of the seafood restaurants on the water. It was a lovely sunny day and we did enjoy the view, the seafood and the company.

Jennie

Jennie...meow...with your last comment.. but in my defence I don't poke fun at people from other countries that have different ideas from us and the way we think.... what i find incredulous and humourous are their neverending DEMANDS everybody wants wants wants....and MOANS i didn't get this that or the next thing.....not just on the Princess board either... I log the good info and bin the rest..... By the way did i say stupid.... i have an Egg Crate mattress overlay on my own bed, which i swear by...but would never have expected to have one on offer on cruise ship ......guess someone moaned once too often so they had to stock them...we here in Australia have to learn to moan more to get more..... cheers shiona

Jennie

Jennie,

I 100% agree with your sentiments. We have friends from all over the world, and am glad there is a little difference in each of us.

Some of the threads we think are weird, do have good info and prompt us to ask whether the same will be available in Australia ( I am certainly curious whether Sun Princess will still have eggcrate mattresses available when she comes Down Under).

On the other side, this thread started due to some obnoxious & arrogant responses from our American "friends" on a Princess tipping thread, and I can understand why many, including myself, are poking fun here.

Not sure this was never meant to be a reasonable thread, more of a parody of the Princess ones. There is far more tolerance & humour on this board, or this tread would have been closed down a week ago!

Cheers,

Archived