Who here is close enough to drive to your port...

17 minutes to the Port of Houston. Only trouble is, NCL, the only customer, just pulled out. They are building this shiny, new state-of-the-art cruise terminal there but have no contracts for it. "If we build it, will they come?" About 20 minutes to Galveston. Only trouble is, RCI is only going to run ships out of there in the winter season. I'm not a big fan of Carnival.

Tucker in Texas

We're in south Georgia and drive approximately 3 hours to Port Canaveral. We drove 7 hours to Miami for another. I'm wishing Jacksonville would get more ships and iteneraries.

We're in a burb of Jax, and it takes us 3 hrs. to Port Canaveral. Maybe we interpret the speed limit a bit differently. ;) We used to live 80 mi. from Galveston, so we drove there for a couple of cruises. It's great not having to pay for airfare like when we lived in MN.

We have usually flown to Ft.Lauderdale, once we took a greyhound to NYC, due to poor planning on our part it was way to stressful.

We are one hour from Philly and one hour from Baltimore, so we are trying a cruise out of Philly this time. Normally the prices are so much higher out of these ports, it's cheaper to fly to Florida. But I kept my eye out and we were flexible with dates, so we got an awesome price.

We’re in Miami, about 30 minutes from the Port of Miami and an hour from Port Everglades, so we usually cruise from either of those ports. But we’ve driven to Tampa for a cruise, taken the train to get a cruise to Bermuda leaving from NJ, and are taking a train to LA next year for a cruise to Hawaii. Sometimes we just can’t get a cruise to the ports we want out of this area (and we don’t fly any more).

We live in Houston so about 1 hr to Galveston. We have cruised also out of NOLA but that is a much longer drive! I just wish that the cruiselines had more ships going out of Galveston. This is our first year that we are going to have to cruise during school vacations (dd starts kindergarten) and the prices are much less reasonable than we are accustomed to paying. We are last minute vacationers also so we have to re-train ourselves to book earlier for better rates. When I started looking at summer sailings out of Galveston, the Conquest was going for over $1000/person in Inside cabins. We have sailed her 3x and never paid anywhere near that - I don't think we even paid that much for balconies. We are sailing on a short trip out of Miami right before school starts so we are flying for that one - it will be our first out of Miami.

I'm one hour from San Pedro/Long Beach, CA and 3 hours from San Diego. It's no wonder I have been on 6 Mexican Riviera cruises. My DH and I returned from our first Mediterranean cruise. It was the best cruise ever, but the travel to and from was exhausting.

We've only been able to drive to one port--Norfolk. It's a little over three hours away from our home in Raleigh. It was great being able to drive. We could also drive to Charleston if there were ever any good cruises leaving from there. Unfortunately, both ports' schedules don't have any cruises that we want to take this year or next.

Sometimes I've been tempted to drive to Florida for a cruise, but in the end we always fly. We have driven to Orlando a couple of times to visit a friend.

DAWN PRINCESS STARTS 7DAY MEX RIV IN SEPTEMBER. :D DIAMOND PRINCESS 15 DAY LA-HAWAII RT SOON P & T IN SAN DIEGO:cool:
Its the other way around for me, 30 min to San pedro and 1.5 hrs to San Diego i'm going before you on 15-nt to Hawaii :D counting the days.....

I live in venice FL about an hour south of Tampa. Also can hit Port canaveral, Miami and Ft Lauderdale in less than 3 hours or up to Jacksonville in about 4. That is the nice thing living here am centrally located to pick from a lot of different caribbean cruises. We have used them all but jacksonville so far.

Archived