Sydney CC Christmas Do

AuzzieCruiser

Out of exile I come....

Well what can I say?? I'm sure we can all agree we had a fantastic night.:) As I said in my 'speech' thank you to EVERYONE, especially for all of you who travelled so far. A special thanks also to Chez for getting the bon bons so that we could get into the festive spirit. Also thanks to Jim for being Taxi for us to get back to the Mercure. God knows how long we would have waited for our non existent cabs.:rolleyes:

I have a few photos I will post sometime today, some aren't so great, but after a few drinks things are bound to get blurry!!:p

Once again thanks for a wonderful evening.:D

Hi all,

Home a short time ago from a sprint up the F3.

Great to meet everyone, and like Kris & Anthony, our cover is now blown too. Thanks to Jarrod the organiser, Jim & Lynne for the shuttle service. Thanks to Chez for the heads up on the $67 Mecure deals. Is a nice motel, and sensational at those prices.

The table was abuzz for several hours, with much talk of past & future cruises (and plenty of dribble too).

Food was nice, but they must have been busy, cause you sure had an appetite by the time they got around to serving.

Barb's back is feeling heaps better today too.

Vicious rumours abound about sightings of Mumus, Safari suits, mankinis and grey merkins. I guess you will need to keep an eye out for the flickr galleries.

We had a great time, and hope to catch up with you all again, particularly on a cruise.

Cheers

Had planned on posting pics last night. I can understand cruiseships charging 50c\minute for internet due to the satellite etc, but for a supplier to an Australian motel to charge 50c\minute is absolutely ridiculous.

Will upload some pics this arvo.

Cheers

Geoff

just wanted to add my thanks also to all who contibuted to a fantastic night out. It was so good to put faces to names.

A special thanks for jarrod for booking and organising us all. It was nice to meet "jarrod's mum" too

geoff, your artistic skills were not wasted on this pc illiterate poster. I loved my prize and the extra was well recieved and I did "get" it.

thanks to kris and anthony for coming out, so to speak, nice to have a few yung 'uns.

to my secret santa well done you dun good too.

To all those who travelled quite a way to join us , you certainly added to the great night.

lastly i would like to thank my dear hubby who "allowed' me to join you instead of his works chrissy party at luna park. I suppose i will be in debt there for a while but it was worth it.

Oscar speech over, now awaiting the photos.

Hi Guys,

Ditto from me and Phil. It was lovely to meet everyone and to find that Kris and Anthony (our neighbours on the Dawn cruise) were once again our neighbours at the table. Loved meeting you both officially.

We had a great time and I have done some photos. Here they are:

2096132917_b43d623b95.jpg?v=0

Our cheap room. What a bargain.

2096911130_0ef63cea4f.jpg?v=0

View of the racecourse from our room

2096906238_2602b57931.jpg?v=0

Karen (Karmac) and DH Jim (aka the taxi driver) Thanks Jim.

2096127619_e44a5ea4ac.jpg?v=0

Chez, me and Karen

2096900824_7635a2d7cf.jpg?v=0

Geri and Icemaiden (Jen)

2096122705_453436e242.jpg?v=0

Chez, Jarrod (Auzziecruiser), Geri and Karon (Kaseyoz)

More in the next post.

Wow Jenny...Quick off the mark.;)

Some fantastic photos there...shame about the last one.:p I'm glad I was finally able to meet you and Phil. Thanks for coming all the way down from the Hunter. It certainly was worth the trip.;)

We will definately be doing another Christmas Do next year, maybe up your way instead.:) At a winery.....now that would be heaven for some.:D

2096120277_5d874bf6c1.jpg?v=0

Jarrod and the Poultry Sisters (Chez and Geri)

2096893394_9716de12d5.jpg?v=0

Chez in her muu muu - Graeme and Andy can't believe it. Note the bottles on the table.

2096165519_49da8c3907.jpg?v=0

Chez in her muu muu and Geoff (arxcards) in his safari jacket. He really had one. :eek:

2096114423_5189af1a80.jpg?v=0

The whole gang. From left to right:

Geoff (arxcards) with his merkin, Geoff's DW Barb, my DH Phil, Karen (Karmac), Anthony (brocky), Kris (pistn'broke), Karmac's DH Jim, Geri in work boots (she found them under the tree), Chez and Andy, me (brushtail), Jarrod (auzziecruiser), Jenny (megagirl), megagirl's DH Graeme, Jenny (icemaiden), Jarrod's lovely mum Leonie, Lynne (sayaguru) and Karon (kaseyoz).

Hope you liked them all.

Love the photos Jen :D , looks like a great time was had by all.

The muu muu looks lovely Chez and what can I honestly say about the safari suit Geoff!!:p Jarrod I don't think you have ever had a complimentary thing to say about any of the photos with you in them- I think that they look great!!

Wow Jenny...Quick off the mark.;)

Some fantastic photos there...shame about the last one.:p I'm glad I was finally able to meet you and Phil. Thanks for coming all the way down from the Hunter. It certainly was worth the trip.;)

We will definately be doing another Christmas Do next year, maybe up your way instead.:) At a winery.....now that would be heaven for some.:D

The last photo is the pick of them Jarrod.

Winery sounds great.

Cheers

Geoff

That last photo of Jen's in the first post, was just after I was kissed by the two birds. They were getting closer and closer to my lips!!:p Geri, Karon and I were obviously laughing at a photo of mine...don't know which one.

Chez should have some wondeful shots.:) With all of our cameras,we should have quite a collection.;)

Great piccys guys, look forward to seeing all the rest. I know Chez has some top ones.

Thanks for a fabulous night everyone, think all, (except for Barb’s misfortune, hope she is not in too much pain Geoff), had a great night.

Special thanks to Jarrod for being a great organiser, Leonie for having such a great son, Jim and Lynne for being a great cabbies, Geoff for my special candle holder(will take pride of place on my table), my secret Santa for the cooler bag, Icy and Teddy for being great cabin mates (think Teddy was feeling bit worse for wear this morning), Chez for being my chauffeur and Andy for putting up with me.

Lucky for me I didn’t overdo the wine and wasn’t suffering a hangover this morning, did manage a little sleep-in though so sorry we missed goodbyes this morning Geoff and Brushy.

Can’t wait till the Queens Luncheon Cruise and catching up again.

The mumu:

2005563903411530082_rs.jpg

A festive table:

2005559787185424293_rs.jpg

Icy's worst nightmare - rolling over and seeing a mass of curly silverware:

2005517103363111844_rs.jpg

Brushy thanks her Secret Santa for the aerogard replacement:

2005998965326232321_rs.jpg

So much fun!!

Now to find that other thread!!

Cheers

Geoff

While it makes a good mosquito net, it's also very handy for is proper use as a washing basket... We've taken one on our last two cruises... good for keeping the dirty washing under control!

Gosh Geoff, what can I say. Thank you sooooo much for posting that photo on the board. :eek: :o It is just too flattering. :p

Congratulations everyone for achieving the honour of having the thread with the most posts. Just a quick peek at the others that make up the top 5 and I have posted in 4 of them. hee hee

One last thing, for anyone who lives on the east coast of NSW and who wants to know what the weather is usually like in Vanuatu - step outside today. Hot and muggy. And how!!! Just like on the islands but without the snorkelling. :(

well we have a thunderstorm here.

just spent an hour making a photo book of our cruise for MIL for her birthday in january and poof the pc went off and i have lost all the work. I only had to do finishing touches as well.

I dont think i can face doing it again today.

drat drat and double drat..

where is all this rain coming from??

I was going to upload my photos to flickr. I woke up from my nanna nap, and it was very dark. Checked the radar and thought no way. Turned the computer off, since we already lost power this week, but the storm is already gone.

Luckily we didn't have one yesterday. Jen (Icy) would have been devestated if she couldn't have hopped in the spa.

Little note: The Jenny's outnumbered the Karens/Karons.;)

I'm going to upload mine now...:)

well we have a thunderstorm here.

just spent an hour making a photo book of our cruise for MIL for her birthday in january and poof the pc went off and i have lost all the work. I only had to do finishing touches as well.

I dont think i can face doing it again today.

drat drat and double drat..

where is all this rain coming from??

NZ?? Martin was just talking to his Dad, who lives north of Auckland, and they've had constant rain for the last 4 days.

Great pics guys Glad you all had good time

So glad to see you back on Chez. It would be sad not to have a great person

like you around

Jen looks like you and Ted had great time I hope you didn't let him drink to much LOL.

Jenny loved your fish net hat hope you had stockings to go with it LOL

Cheers guys Gail and Jim

Archived