Audio Books

LynnAB

Ooh. I just read WHAT the book is about. TOO scary for me <g>.

Was really busy the entire weekend so I did not have much time to listen to much of anything. Also started a book by Alice Seybold, author of Lovely Bones. The book is called The almost Moon. Very disturbing, about a lady who kills her aged mother who has dementia. Don't think I will be finishing this book.

Jim

Well, I thought I was going to stay away from Sunny and Boston for a while, but I miss them already ... so I'm going to start the second book, Perish Twice, today or tonight. I guess you can say I'm now hooked on THIS series, too.

You'd laugh at me, Jim. I'm now reading reading one paperback and listening to TWO audio books at the same time on my Cowon. I'm like a crazy person here <g>. I'm going between my Amanda Peabody in Egypt series and adding in a different type of book. Right now I'm listening to a very light, fluffy Sandra Brown ... A Whole New Light. Pure romance but it caught my attention because they go to Acapulco. I'm soooo into a travel/cruise frenzy mode. Oh! And I forgot to mention that I'm still in the Outlander series in my car. I forgot about those! Those are just a given that I listen to them whenever I'm driving around. Wow! FOUR books? They're all for different moods and different times.

I'm out of control and having fun.

Lynn

Thats great, I love people who can multi task reading. It gets really complicated, especially if they are deep books or two by the same author. I would not mind going to Acapulco.

Jim

Was really busy the entire weekend so I did not have much time to listen to much of anything. Also started a book by Alice Seybold, author of Lovely Bones. The book is called The almost Moon. Very disturbing, about a lady who kills her aged mother who has dementia. Don't think I will be finishing this book.

Jim

Hi, Jim,

Now you KNOW I couldn't read THAT one.

Thats great, I love people who can multi task reading. It gets really complicated, especially if they are deep books or two by the same author. I would not mind going to Acapulco.

Jim

Well, I'm definitely NOT reading deep books, so it's easy <g>. I do think I could probably handle it, though. I think my career has trained me to do that. I have to jump in and out of so many different cases and channel my thoughts in one direction at a time. Maybe that's it ... or I'm just not normal <g>.

OH NO!! I left Sunny at a friends house!! With about 30 pages unread!! Thankfully my friend is mailing it to me. I am still in Egypt with Amelia. Until I get Sunny back I have started a new series by JoAnne Carl the "Chocoholic" mysteries. They take place in Michigan, only 33 pages in but so far so good. I'll let you know what I think when I finish the first book, The Chocolate Cat Caper.:rolleyes:

OH NO!! I left Sunny at a friends house!! With about 30 pages unread!! Thankfully my friend is mailing it to me. I am still in Egypt with Amelia. Until I get Sunny back I have started a new series by JoAnne Carl the "Chocoholic" mysteries. They take place in Michigan, only 33 pages in but so far so good. I'll let you know what I think when I finish the first book, The Chocolate Cat Caper.:rolleyes:

That is soooo sad <g>. Sunny will wait for you, though. Don't worry.

I haven't read ANY of the Chocolate mysteries, but I've been thinking about them. I'll be anxious to get your review. I'm guessing these are all BOOK books, right? I haven't seen them in audio format.

I couldn't stand it, I had to go to the library and check out Family Honor so that I could finish it. Which I did, I also checked out the second book in the series. Yes the Chocolate Mysteries are printed, one of the reasons I got them was that they are short so they fit easily into my purse. :p

I couldn't stand it, I had to go to the library and check out Family Honor so that I could finish it. Which I did, I also checked out the second book in the series. Yes the Chocolate Mysteries are printed, one of the reasons I got them was that they are short so they fit easily into my purse. :p

Wow, I've met my match! That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I would DO, too.

I have done that as well, actually went on a vacation to Florida and left the audio book behind (perish the thought), had a friend go to the library down there and sign it out so I could finish it (paper version tho).

Jim

I finished PERISH TWICE ... another fun Sunny book. I'm really enjoying them.

Still in Egypt with Amelia (The Mummy Case).

And in the car ... still listening to VOYAGER ... but at least now they've moved from Europe and are in Jamaica. I'm in the islands! Perfect!

I have finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and about half way through The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Starting Courting Trouble by Lisa Scottoline as well.

Jim

Ooh ... good choices, Jim. I'm still in The Mummy Case on my Cowon. Amanda Peabody is a riot!!! Finishing Voyager in my car, and then it's on to the 4th Diana Gabaldon in the first of her four Outlander series. I'm getting there. And then I'm READING a light mystery that takes place on a cruise ship by Candy Calvert called Dressed to Keel (cute) when I sit and read at night.

So I GUESS you can say I'm well-rounded in my reading <g>.

Lynn

Well I finished Parish Twice and have started another series, this one is about a vampire queen. The first book is Undead and Unwed it's a light romance, and once again it is small enough to slip into my purse. I am listening to a Linda Fairstein noval, Death Dance. Lynn, I enjoyed the Chocolate Cat Caper I don't think it comes in audio but I'll see what I can find out. I figured out "who done it" fairly early in the book but still enjoyed. I am also reading French Women Don't Get Fat.

Well I finished Parish Twice and have started another series, this one is about a vampire queen. The first book is Undead and Unwed it's a light romance, and once again it is small enough to slip into my purse. I am listening to a Linda Fairstein noval, Death Dance. Lynn, I enjoyed the Chocolate Cat Caper I don't think it comes in audio but I'll see what I can find out. I figured out "who done it" fairly early in the book but still enjoyed. I am also reading French Women Don't Get Fat.

I'd like to hear what you think of French Women Don't Get Fat. I haven't read it, but I've wondered whether I'd like it.

I'm listening to Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson and enjoying it a lot.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Finished up "The Choice" and now deep into "Courting Trouble" by Lisa Scottoline.

Jim

How was "The Choice?" I'm guessing you're enjoying "Courting Trouble" because all of her books seem interesting.

Lynn

How was "The Choice?" I'm guessing you're enjoying "Courting Trouble" because all of her books seem interesting.

Lynn

The choice was good, very typical of Nicholas Sparks and enjoyable. I love his endings in that you never quite know how they turn out, sometimes sad and sometimes happy (don't want to spoil it for you). Courting Trouble is good so far, every one of her books I have read has focused on a different partner in the law firm.

Jim

Our library system has free downloads of audio books. I have an mp3 / Windows Media recorder/player which runs on one AAA battery.

I download the book to computer, plug the player into the USB port, transfer the book to the player and I am ready to go! Wonderful! Works Great! I downloaded some books and we were off on a 3,000 mile road trip. Enjoyed listening to a book while DH listened to the radio. My battery ran out. OOPS!!!! :eek: New battery, book starts over! There is NO way to continue the book unless the battery will last long enough to end the book. Now, I just listen to them on the computer, then I can start and stop in the desired place.

Our library system has free downloads of audio books. I have an mp3 / Windows Media recorder/player which runs on one AAA battery.

I download the book to computer, plug the player into the USB port, transfer the book to the player and I am ready to go! Wonderful! Works Great! I downloaded some books and we were off on a 3,000 mile road trip. Enjoyed listening to a book while DH listened to the radio. My battery ran out. OOPS!!!! :eek: New battery, book starts over! There is NO way to continue the book unless the battery will last long enough to end the book. Now, I just listen to them on the computer, then I can start and stop in the desired place.

I use an Ipod and Lynn uses a Cowen it is a bit of an investment but well worth it. My Ipod has a car charger that I can plug in to recharge the Ipod and can listen to it while it's charging. I have the 30 gig Ipod which can hold a dozen books and still have room.:)

I use an Ipod and Lynn uses a Cowen it is a bit of an investment but well worth it. My Ipod has a car charger that I can plug in to recharge the Ipod and can listen to it while it's charging. I have the 30 gig Ipod which can hold a dozen books and still have room.:)

And, yes, I have the Cowon and love it. The battery life is fantastic. It takes SD cards so I can use whatever I want. There are 4 gigs internally, and I bought an 8 gig card ... so far.

Lynn