Audio Books

LynnAB

I used to watch the show. Robert Ulrich was just too cute and I mean that literally. I had already read some of the books and I pictured someone rougher more like Stacy Keach. Now Hawk was another story I thought he was cast very well.;) I don't remember the actors name but he went on to be the captain in Deep Space Nine.

Lynn you should also look for Catherine Coulter.

Your right Hawk was cast well. Actually so was Ulrich. While you guys might have thought Ulrich was cute, I had a thing for Spenser's girlfriend Susan Silverman, cant remember the name of the actress that played her tho.

Jim

I will. Thank you.

I just finished my FIRST Elizabeth Peters today, CROCODILE ON THE SANDBANK. I totally enjoyed that book! Now I want to read THAT whole series. Barbara Rosenblat is such a FABULOUS narrator.

Lynn

Finished Killer Smile by Scottoline today, liked it very much. Think you would like it. There is an interview with Scottoline at the end which is worth listening too as well.

Jim

Your right Hawk was cast well. Actually so was Ulrich. While you guys might have thought Ulrich was cute, I had a thing for Spenser's girlfriend Susan Silverman, cant remember the name of the actress that played her tho.

Jim

I would definitely rate that as a GOOD THING that you liked Spenser's girlfriend better than Robert Urich <g>.

Lynn

Finished Killer Smile by Scottoline today, liked it very much. Think you would like it. There is an interview with Scottoline at the end which is worth listening too as well.

Jim

Oh, that's good! Another one to look forward to. I'm now reading Running From the Law by Lisa Scottoline. It's short, though ... a little less than three hours. I believe that's the only way it comes ... at least the only way I could FIND it. I got it as one of my downloads under my Christmas gift plan from Audible. It's fun having a service to download from, too <g>. Anyway, I'm enjoying this story, too, even though it's short. Another recommendation for you, too <g>.

Lynn

Oh, that's good! Another one to look forward to. I'm now reading Running From the Law by Lisa Scottoline. It's short, though ... a little less than three hours. I believe that's the only way it comes ... at least the only way I could FIND it. I got it as one of my downloads under my Christmas gift plan from Audible. It's fun having a service to download from, too <g>. Anyway, I'm enjoying this story, too, even though it's short. Another recommendation for you, too <g>.

Lynn

I see on your countdown clock you are under 120 days, getting close!!!!:) Will load up my upcoming cruises soon, could not bear to do it when it was 11 months out!:(

Jim

I see on your countdown clock you are under 120 days, getting close!!!!:) Will load up my upcoming cruises soon, could not bear to do it when it was 11 months out!:(

Jim

I know. It is getting sort of close for me. I've had so much on my mind that I really haven't focused on the cruise ... NOT my usual state. Normally I'd be jumping up and down right now. I soooooo need to get into a good mood again <g>. I really DO need this cruise to think about.

I didn't even realize you have cruises booked for this year until now! Wow! Where are they going? I see the ships have different itineraries so I'm not sure which you're doing. How exciting! Here you teased me about my b2b and you're doing TWO cruises <g>.

Wow! Now we can talk about my TWO favorite subjects: Reading and cruises.

Lynn

I know. It is getting sort of close for me. I've had so much on my mind that I really haven't focused on the cruise ... NOT my usual state. Normally I'd be jumping up and down right now. I soooooo need to get into a good mood again <g>. I really DO need this cruise to think about.

I didn't even realize you have cruises booked for this year until now! Wow! Where are they going? I see the ships have different itineraries so I'm not sure which you're doing. How exciting! Here you teased me about my b2b and you're doing TWO cruises <g>.

Wow! Now we can talk about my TWO favorite subjects: Reading and cruises.

Lynn

LOL, your right. The July 2nd cruise is Alaska and the July 26th (was originally Aug 10th, but I think Rosie O'Donnell commandeered the ship) is and eastern that hits a new port for us, Turks and Caicos. There is a cruisecritics groups on the 7/26 cruise.

Jim

LOL, your right. The July 2nd cruise is Alaska and the July 26th (was originally Aug 10th, but I think Rosie O'Donnell commandeered the ship) is and eastern that hits a new port for us, Turks and Caicos. There is a cruisecritics groups on the 7/26 cruise.

Jim

I would sooooo love to take the Alaska cruise one day. For now we're back in the Caribbean because it's sooooo handy for us and more affordable (a major consideration still, sigh).

Lynn

Can't really think of anyone quit like Lisa Scottoline. I love her characters and the brand of humor she brings to her books. I know that Jennifer Crusie's books are humorous as are Janet Evonovich's books.:D Lee Charles Kelly writes a series of books who's main character owns a dog kennel. I think he has written three books. I'll keep thinking about it.

Can't really think of anyone quit like Lisa Scottoline. I love her characters and the brand of humor she brings to her books. I know that Jennifer Crusie's books are humorous as are Janet Evonovich's books.:D Lee Charles Kelly writes a series of books who's main character owns a dog kennel. I think he has written three books. I'll keep thinking about it.

Thank you SO MUCH! I'd really appreciate your input on this because I know I'm going to fly through Lisa Scottoline's books, which I just happened to stumble upon. Now I'm reading them like a maniac. They're wonderful! I need to have a back up of some really, really great books like hers or I'm going to be sad <g>. They're PERFECT for me. They have mystery, humor, and are NOT gory. Yes, perfect!

Lynn

I thought of a few of other writers I like. Elizabeth Lowell, Amanda Quick, who's humor is very much in the style of Elizabeth Peters. Diana Mott Davidson writes a series that is about a caterer (Goldie Bear) the books include recipes mentioned in the story.:p I like Tami Hoag but her books can be a little more gruesome. Although her earlier books were more romance the thriller. Sophie Kinsella's books aren't mysteries but they are very amusing!! I enjoyed her "Shopaholic series but I really enjoyed "Can You Keep a Secret". It's one of those books where you nearly pee your pants you are laughing so hard.:D I found out that there is a used book store that specializes in books on CD, think I will try and find it next week. Oh, I forgot Sandra Brown and I am listen to one of her books, Chill Factor, right now.

I thought of a few of other writers I like. Elizabeth Lowell, Amanda Quick, who's humor is very much in the style of Elizabeth Peters. Diana Mott Davidson writes a series that is about a caterer (Goldie Bear) the books include recipes mentioned in the story.:p I like Tami Hoag but her books can be a little more gruesome. Although her earlier books were more romance the thriller. Sophie Kinsella's books aren't mysteries but they are very amusing!! I enjoyed her "Shopaholic series but I really enjoyed "Can You Keep a Secret". It's one of those books where you nearly pee your pants you are laughing so hard.:D I found out that there is a used book store that specializes in books on CD, think I will try and find it next week. Oh, I forgot Sandra Brown and I am listen to one of her books, Chill Factor, right now.

Okay. I'm familiar with all the names you've mentioned, of course, but I've never read anything by Elizabeth Lowell or Amanda Quick. I just got Can You Keep a Secret from the library YESTERDAY. How coincidental is THAT? I read the book when it first came out and loved it!!! I figured it will be even funnier in the audio version. I'm excited!

I'll have to check out Elizabeth Lowell and Amanda Quick. Yeah, two more authors to check out. Thank you!

A friend I work with recommended Chill Factor to me last year, but I haven't read it yet. I'm anxious to hear if you like it.

I'm a big Sandra Brown fan ... or I should say WAS of her older books. I haven't really gotten into her mysteries yet, except for Envy, which I liked A LOT.

And Diane Mott Davidson is already on my "to listen to" list. I READ a few of her earlier books years ago and remember enjoying them.

I met Tami Hoag at a Romance Convention years ago, way before she started doing her thrillers. I don't think I would like her current books. They really sound too scary and gory for me, to be honest. I know she's a good writer, but I can't handle anything that intense.

So .... I'm off to check out E. Lowell and A. Quick ... while I listen to Lisa Scottoline's ROUGH JUSTICE. She's such a good writer!!!

Thank you again for your suggestions. I truly appreciate them.

Lynn

I would sooooo love to take the Alaska cruise one day. For now we're back in the Caribbean because it's sooooo handy for us and more affordable (a major consideration still, sigh).

Lynn

I do understand the proximity issue and the port being so close to you. No such luck here. That being said, I would strongly recommend the Alaska cruise, other than the Grand Canyon, it is the best experience I have ever done.

Jim

I enjoyed Chill factor a lot, one of her better books.

Jim

I do understand the proximity issue and the port being so close to you. No such luck here. That being said, I would strongly recommend the Alaska cruise, other than the Grand Canyon, it is the best experience I have ever done.

Jim

I watched a special on tv last fall (I believe it was the Travel Channel but I'm not sure) about the 10 most beautiful places in the U.S. The Grand Canyon was rated #1. I've never been there but would love to experience it.

Yes, I'll have to keep Alaska on my "to do" list. One of these days (she said dreamily) <g>.

Lynn

I enjoyed Chill factor a lot, one of her better books.

Jim

Okay, that's good news. I'll definitely listen to that one of these days. After my three short Lisa Scottoline's that I've just read (Rough Justice, Legal Tender, and Running From the Law), I'm now back to the second Elizabeth Peters book (Curse of the Pharaohs). Good books!!!

Lynn

I watched a special on tv last fall (I believe it was the Travel Channel but I'm not sure) about the 10 most beautiful places in the U.S. The Grand Canyon was rated #1. I've never been there but would love to experience it.

Yes, I'll have to keep Alaska on my "to do" list. One of these days (she said dreamily) <g>.

Lynn

Both are must sees, neither are particularly inexpensive but with planning you should see them both (as well as Rome and Athens).

Jim

Both are must sees, neither are particularly inexpensive but with planning you should see them both (as well as Rome and Athens).

Jim

Okay, sounds good. Now I just have to win the lottery <g>.

I wanted to ask you: What is your review on Carl Hiaasen? I liked Skinny Dip a lot (of course that was because of the cruise ship theme), but I'm thinking about possibly listening to Stormy Weather one of these days because of the hurricane.

Hi guys! Alaska is one of the many cruises we want to do, I used to have family up there but they have all moved south.:rolleyes:

I have read several of Carl Hiaasen and I like him but I can't read too many in a row. Finished Chill Factor and I'm on to Dean Koontz newest and I am uploading his Frankenstein Book 2.

Hi guys! Alaska is one of the many cruises we want to do, I used to have family up there but they have all moved south.:rolleyes:

I have read several of Carl Hiaasen and I like him but I can't read too many in a row. Finished Chill Factor and I'm on to Dean Koontz newest and I am uploading his Frankenstein Book 2.

Since I've only read Skinny Dip, I don't really have an opinion on his books yet. I guess I'm interested because his books all take place where I live, South Florida, albeit looking at the worst of the worst. Actually, his books PROBABLY focus on what I hear about every day at work, the criminal element. Oh, well. We'll see. I'll try Stormy Weather one of these days just because of having experienced major hurricanes.

Since I've only read Skinny Dip, I don't really have an opinion on his books yet. I guess I'm interested because his books all take place where I live, South Florida, albeit looking at the worst of the worst. Actually, his books PROBABLY focus on what I hear about every day at work, the criminal element. Oh, well. We'll see. I'll try Stormy Weather one of these days just because of having experienced major hurricanes.

Into Dead Ringer by Lisa Scottoline. A little disappointed as this is the prequel to the one I just finished Killer Smile, so the part I am in now is really a setup for the Killer Smile book I already read.

Jim

As I mentioned to Lynn, Alaska is a MUST do. Not quite the party atmosphere that you have on a carib. cruise and no steel band playing out on the deck but totally worth it!

I enjoyed both of Koontz's Frankenstein books, a different slant on the whole thing, Hope he comes out with the third. Which is his latest that you are reading?

Jim

Into Dead Ringer by Lisa Scottoline. A little disappointed as this is the prequel to the one I just finished Killer Smile, so the part I am in now is really a setup for the Killer Smile book I already read.

Jim

Oh, that's terrible! I didn't realize any of her books were prequels either or I would have mentioned that to you. I hate that since I'm really, really compulsive about reading books in order and trying to even get a whole series in my hands, if possible, before starting the first book sometimes.

Oh, that's terrible! I didn't realize any of her books were prequels either or I would have mentioned that to you. I hate that since I'm really, really compulsive about reading books in order and trying to even get a whole series in my hands, if possible, before starting the first book sometimes.

Yeah, I agree. Almost made me stop listening, just kind of frustrating, especially since I had just finished the other book. I did fast forward a bit to get to new territory. Anyway, listen to Dead Ringer first.

Jim