Audio Books

LynnAB

Thought your ticker was going the wrong way. Good thing you arnt flying to the port, you would have been a week early.

I know! It was sooo sad seeing the numbers INCREASE. Oh, well. Hopefully for the best.

Thought your ticker was going the wrong way. Good thing you arnt flying to the port, you would have been a week early.

I know! It was sooo sad seeing the numbers INCREASE. Oh, well. Hopefully for the best.

Who do you leave your dogs with while on a cruise?

Darn! I'm sorry for the double post.

"Dogs"? We don't HAVE dogs. We have two little girls <lol>. You hit on the BIGGEST problem with our going away. We are soooooooooooooo attached to these babies. I keep explaining to them that we really NEED this cruise and to please be happy for us, but they're not buying so far. IN fact, even as I'm writing this to you, they're sitting here watching me. We have NO ONE capable of taking care of them for us. That's the sad part. We have to board them, which we all HATE. Luckily (sort of), we have a really good groomer who boards, who we've been going to for about 15 years now (since we had our first poodle). Its still rough, they hate being separated from us (and us from them). I just keep telling myself what a wonderful life they have the rest of the year. They are SO pampered, you wouldn't believe. Or maybe you would <g>. Seriously, it's rough ... the only tough part of going away. We've NEVER gone away this long since we never would have left my mother for a long time. The one-week cruise the past few years was a MAJOR thing for us. Before that we wouldn't go away long at all. When my mother still lived in her condo, we'd even drive up and back to Disney World all in one day (7 to 8 hours of driving time). So this is really HUGE for us to go away for two weeks. I just figure this is the time. We have family to take care of our house but not the "dogs." Soooooooooooooo, we're stuck. Sigh!

Lynn

Darn! I'm sorry for the double post.

"Dogs"? We don't HAVE dogs. We have two little girls <lol>. You hit on the BIGGEST problem with our going away. We are soooooooooooooo attached to these babies. I keep explaining to them that we really NEED this cruise and to please be happy for us, but they're not buying so far. IN fact, even as I'm writing this to you, they're sitting here watching me. We have NO ONE capable of taking care of them for us. That's the sad part. We have to board them, which we all HATE. Luckily (sort of), we have a really good groomer who boards, who we've been going to for about 15 years now (since we had our first poodle). Its still rough, they hate being separated from us (and us from them). I just keep telling myself what a wonderful life they have the rest of the year. They are SO pampered, you wouldn't believe. Or maybe you would <g>. Seriously, it's rough ... the only tough part of going away. We've NEVER gone away this long since we never would have left my mother for a long time. The one-week cruise the past few years was a MAJOR thing for us. Before that we wouldn't go away long at all. When my mother still lived in her condo, we'd even drive up and back to Disney World all in one day (7 to 8 hours of driving time). So this is really HUGE for us to go away for two weeks. I just figure this is the time. We have family to take care of our house but not the "dogs." Soooooooooooooo, we're stuck. Sigh!

Lynn

We have the same problem, and I am the biggest culprit. Our dog is older (sadly on the downside) and I am always thinking of her when we leave. Luckily, we have never had to board her, we have always had someone to watch her. She is part of the family tho, not just a pet.

Jim

I have been beading off and on since high school, we won't discuss how long ago that was. Most of the beading I do now is finish work. I am a self proclaimed glass and Precious Metal Clay artist and use beading to accent the focal pieces I make. I am now taking classes in metal/silver smithing. That's one reason I enjoy audio books I can listen while I am making my beads.

Your puppies are sooo cute!! I used to have poodles, we now have beagles, three of them. :eek: And yes we are crazy. In the past my best friend would come and stay with the dogs while we were away, but she now lives in Hawaii so that's not going to work. There is a great kennel in the area but it cost so much to board three dogs, and it seems cruel to take them out of their environment as well as taking away there people. This year we are going to have my son's best friend stay at the house with the dogs. He is my number two son and very responsible.

Just finished the Dean Koontz novel. I liked it but it wasn't as satisfying as most of his others.

I have been beading off and on since high school, we won't discuss how long ago that was. Most of the beading I do now is finish work. I am a self proclaimed glass and Precious Metal Clay artist and use beading to accent the focal pieces I make. I am now taking classes in metal/silver smithing. That's one reason I enjoy audio books I can listen while I am making my beads.

Okay, I'm extremely impressed! I love the love of the Precious Metal Clay. I am NOT an artist, but I have fun stringing Swarovski and other pretty beads. That sounds sooooo pathetic compared with what YOU do, but I have fun <g>.

Yes, audio books are FABULOUS when you're doing something else. Gotta love that multi-tasking. There aren't enough hours in the day as it is, and listening to books while getting something else accomplished is also very relaxing.

Your puppies are sooo cute!!

Thank you! I always say they're my daughters because we "only" have a SON. As I'm typing, my little girl (5 lbs.) is sleeping in my lap. She's like a baby and has to have a lot of physical contact. She's definitely Mommy's Little Girl <g>.

You're soooooooooo lucky to have someone reliable to watch over YOUR babies. I'm really frustrated that I don't. Boarding is a huge expense that I don't even feel good about. Confining my puppies makes me crazy.

Beagles are adorable, too!!! What are their names? My girls are Taffy and Candee (the little one).

Lynn

Our three girls are Harmony, Jena, and Cassie. Harmony is six, Casie and Jena are two. Jena is our little girl at 15 lbs. Once my daughter shows me how I will post pictures of them.

I am listening to Plum Lucky now, it's cute.

Yes, I'd love to see photos of your girls.

Lynn

I am also reading Family Honor. I found Blue Screen at the library but my best friend is visiting and she told me I needed to read other Sunny Randall books before I read Blue Screen. Since I had Family Honor in my to be read pile I pulled it out.:) Finished Plum Lucky and have moved on to Egypt with Amanda Peabody in the Serpent in the Crown. Amanda is sooo over the top.:p

I am also reading Family Honor. I found Blue Screen at the library but my best friend is visiting and she told me I needed to read other Sunny Randall books before I read Blue Screen. Since I had Family Honor in my to be read pile I pulled it out.:) Finished Plum Lucky and have moved on to Egypt with Amanda Peabody in the Serpent in the Crown. Amanda is sooo over the top.:p

That is soooooooooooooo funny! I'm enjoying Family Honor a lot so far, although I'm only about 50 pages into it. Are READING reading it or LISTENING to it?

Amanda is a riot! You have to love her even though she's soooooo arrogant.

Hi, Jim,

I started READING (can't find the audio book anywhere) the first Sunny Randall book, Family Honor. I love it!!! I think I'm going to enjoy this series.

Lynn

I think you will enjoy the series, I would recommend the Jesse Stone as well.

Jim

That is funny, I picked up Blue Screen first as well, and with no-one to to tell me that it was not the first one to read, I listened and then found the rest. I so hate reading out of order, but once I found out I finished in order from there,

Jim

That is funny, I picked up Blue Screen first as well, and with no-one to to tell me that it was not the first one to read, I listened and then found the rest. I so hate reading out of order, but once I found out I finished in order from there,

Jim

Oh, you poor thing! That happened to you another time, too? I hate that, too!

Ooh. I'm almost out of Egypt for the time being. I'm ready for something else. Now I'm in Scotland in the car, in Boston with Sunny Randall when I'm reading my paperback book, and ready for something else for my Cowon. Whew! This globetrotting is tiring me out.

Lynn

Oh, you poor thing! That happened to you another time, too? I hate that, too!

Ooh. I'm almost out of Egypt for the time being. I'm ready for something else. Now I'm in Scotland in the car, in Boston with Sunny Randall when I'm reading my paperback book, and ready for something else for my Cowon. Whew! This globetrotting is tiring me out.

Lynn

My, we have been very quiet, or is it something to do with the databases, which are very frustrating. Just started a Cormac McCarthy book, The Road.

Jim

My, we have been very quiet, or is it something to do with the databases, which are very frustrating. Just started a Cormac McCarthy book, The Road.

Jim

Ooh. I just read WHAT the book is about. TOO scary for me <g>.

Well, I thought I was going to stay away from Sunny and Boston for a while, but I miss them already ... so I'm going to start the second book, Perish Twice, today or tonight. I guess you can say I'm now hooked on THIS series, too.

You'd laugh at me, Jim. I'm now reading reading one paperback and listening to TWO audio books at the same time on my Cowon. I'm like a crazy person here <g>. I'm going between my Amanda Peabody in Egypt series and adding in a different type of book. Right now I'm listening to a very light, fluffy Sandra Brown ... A Whole New Light. Pure romance but it caught my attention because they go to Acapulco. I'm soooo into a travel/cruise frenzy mode. Oh! And I forgot to mention that I'm still in the Outlander series in my car. I forgot about those! Those are just a given that I listen to them whenever I'm driving around. Wow! FOUR books? They're all for different moods and different times.

I'm out of control and having fun.

Lynn

Well, I thought I was going to stay away from Sunny and Boston for a while, but I miss them already ... so I'm going to start the second book, Perish Twice, today or tonight. I guess you can say I'm now hooked on THIS series, too.

You'd laugh at me, Jim. I'm now reading reading one paperback and listening to TWO audio books at the same time on my Cowon. I'm like a crazy person here <g>. I'm going between my Amanda Peabody in Egypt series and adding in a different type of book. Right now I'm listening to a very light, fluffy Sandra Brown ... A Whole New Light. Pure romance but it caught my attention because they go to Acapulco. I'm soooo into a travel/cruise frenzy mode. Oh! And I forgot to mention that I'm still in the Outlander series in my car. I forgot about those! Those are just a given that I listen to them whenever I'm driving around. Wow! FOUR books? They're all for different moods and different times.

Hee Hee, Been there, done that!!:p

Hee Hee, Been there, done that!!:p

It's not just ME who is book obsessed? My Cowon is going everywhere with me. I actually sat in the bathtub what seemed like forever last night because I was in the middle of a good part of my book. That's a rarity for me.