Newbie: Drink Option Questions

We will be sailing with RCI for the first time this JUne on the Mariner. I have been reading the posts concerning pros and cons of the soad cards. DW and I drink maybe two soda a day if that much, so the soda card isn't worth it for us.

Question #1: Would we be able to bring two six packs of soda onboard with us? If so, should we put them in our luggage?

Question#2: Our DD's ages 13 & 7 are not soda drinker. They drink juices, fruit punch, iced tea, etc. Do they have these types of drinks avaiable on the ship throughout the day. If so, what dio they have to offer and where would they get them?

Thanks for any and all information on this subject,

Mike

I believe you can bring soda and water on board but I will someone else make suggestions on how to get it on. As for the other drinks, there was juice in the am in the Windjammer and all day you can get iced tea, lemonade, not sure about the fruit punch though.

We will be sailing with RCI for the first time this JUne on the Mariner. I have been reading the posts concerning pros and cons of the soad cards. DW and I drink maybe two soda a day if that much, so the soda card isn't worth it for us.

Question #1: Would we be able to bring two six packs of soda onboard with us? If so, should we put them in our luggage?

Question#2: Our DD's ages 13 & 7 are not soda drinker. They drink juices, fruit punch, iced tea, etc. Do they have these types of drinks avaiable on the ship throughout the day. If so, what dio they have to offer and where would they get them?

Thanks for any and all information on this subject,

Mike

1. Yes, you bring a couple of six packs on. You don't need to hide it. Ask your stateroom attendant to keep your ice bucket full for you.

2. Iced tea, lemonade and some times fruit punch are usually available in the Windjammer all day long. Sometimes you'll be able to get those at the Promenade Café also.

I took on 2 12 packs of soda - just handed them to the porter - he put on a luggage tag and they were taken to our room. You can ask the room attendant to empty all of RCI's stuff out of the fridge and put your sodas in there. Their fridge does not get things cold that fast (took us about 2 days) so make sure they keep your ice bucket full. You have to tell them to keep it full - if you just ask for ice - you will get it that one time!

Enjoy!

Kathy

We bring maybe one six pack of soda, but I know of nothing saying you cant bring more, we just put them into our checked luggage.

I guess to me fruit punch isnt juice, but some ships have reported they had fruit punch. I only had lemonaide, which luckily I love and there is tea.

Regular juice is at breakfast in the buffet and more choices if you go to the dining room for breakfast. For instance you can only get cranberry juice for breakfast off the dining room menu.

You may want to get maybe 1-2 drink cards. Otherwise, get a case of cokes or whatever your favorite soft drink is, tape it up good, and tape a big sticker with your cabin number on it. We always take a case of water with us and never have a problem. Sometimes, you can tip your cabin steward when you get to your cabin, and ask if they have a cooler available. Most of the time, they will round one up for you and keep it iced the whole trip. ;)

2. Iced tea, lemonade and some times fruit punch are usually available in the Windjammer all day long. Sometimes you'll be able to get those at the Promenade Café also.

We never saw lemonade or iced tea in the PR cafe on either NOS or EOS but we could order it through room service- a selection of juices (orange, grapefruit, cranberry) too.

Cheers,

We never saw lemonade or ice tea available in the PR cafe on the Mariner. There was fruit punch on the WJ.

To the OP, we are on that cruise too. There is a rollcall thread for this sailing but it is very sloooooowwwwwwwwwwww, don't think there are any postings for over a month. Hopefully it will pick up as we get closer to sailing.

We never saw lemonade or ice tea available in the PR cafe on the Mariner. There was fruit punch on the WJ.

To the OP, we are on that cruise too. There is a rollcall thread for this sailing but it is very sloooooowwwwwwwwwwww, don't think there are any postings for over a month. Hopefully it will pick up as we get closer to sailing.

reallyitsmema,

How do I get to the rollcall thread? I'm still trying to learn the ins and out of this board. It would be great to chat with others who will be on our cruise.

Mike

reallyitsmema,

How do I get to the rollcall thread? I'm still trying to learn the ins and out of this board. It would be great to chat with others who will be on our cruise.

Mike

Here is a link to it for you. No one is really chatting much but maybe if we start, the others will start again:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=581729

I'm a sports bottle advocate as well. No reason for kids to be drinking that much Coke anyway. Just fill the bottles with juice (at breakfast when it is included) or lemonade/punch/iced tea and you have beverages available all day when you want them. The room steward will keep your ice bucket full so you can add ice as desired. Fill them up with ice water prior to excursions (or us the Crystal Light packets).

Archived