Glitzy tops

gypsyrose

These are impossible to find!! Where can I go in search of a really nice top to go w/ velvet pants? I have worn the same 1 for the past 2 cruises and you can imagine my formal photos. Same outfit, different hair:rolleyes: Don't want to pay a small fortune just to wear on the cruise. ANy ideas?? Checked ebay...nothing. Help!

Hi:)

Do you have a Steinmart nearby? Or Dillards? Or any major

dept stores?

I have always found plenty of dressy items at both of the

ones I mentioned.

Good luck with your search:)

These are impossible to find!! Where can I go in search of a really nice top to go w/ velvet pants? I have worn the same 1 for the past 2 cruises and you can imagine my formal photos. Same outfit, different hair:rolleyes: Don't want to pay a small fortune just to wear on the cruise. ANy ideas?? Checked ebay...nothing. Help!

Anything by Cache, Mary J. Couture, Sky, and BCBG Max Azria.

Search all on ebay for the best deals. I can usually find the Sky tops for under $100 whereas they retail for closer to $200.

With prom season around the corner, you might find something that way. However, if you're a plus size like me (size 18), then you need to look online at plus size catalogs. They have all kinds of items for wearing to a wedding. You might rethink the velvet and go for more Springlike fashions.

I bought a beautiful silver sparkley sweater set very dressy for our cruise to caribbean and I washed it before I left and oh my heavens I had silver every where and on everyone that got close to me, so I will wash a few more times in hopes it will tone down some, but it did look very nice.

sailorwife:(

How about this one??

js1024__MG_6636.jpgbeading around the top and bottom, simple but dressy.

WOW! Unbelievable. You guys are amazing. I have spent over an hour at the sites you named. I did bid on a hot pink beaded top on ebay. Never done this before so not even sure if I know what I am doing. Just didn't want to spend more than $25 and have absolutely no time to head to Charlotte. Nothing in my town. Thanks guys, a bunch.

WOW! Unbelievable. You guys are amazing. I have spent over an hour at the sites you named. I did bid on a hot pink beaded top on ebay. Never done this before so not even sure if I know what I am doing. Just didn't want to spend more than $25 and have absolutely no time to head to Charlotte. Nothing in my town. Thanks guys, a bunch.

Gypsyrose,

Good luck on your bid! I saw that top when I was searching for something, very pretty!

OMG! I have to stay off of ebay for a few weeks or even a month. I found some gorgeous dresses. Bought 2 formals ,Also 2 cocktail dresses spent* Check out these sellers. Big city outlet and BH factory. regular prices total around 450.00 paid 246.00 thats with shipping and handling.

I'm not a regular customer of ebay. I just took a look and it appeared you had to have an account name and bid? I just wanted to make a purchase. :confused:

Everywhere I look, it seems either the dressy clothes are heavy/wintry looking or totally sleeveless. Cruising in May so I don't want something like the former. OTOH, my upper arms are very heavy and I'd look awful in something sleeveless. I need a short sleeve dressy looking top but they seem hard to find.

Archived