SUN PRINCESS "DAY BY DAY" CRUISE REPORT..ASIA..21st MAY...

S&D

The other was 6 ladies helping each other with their loads so everyone could be finished sooner - and each took turns to get snacks from the buffet and a drink or 3, and made a party of it.

Now that's my kind of laundry "rage";)

Cheers

Jane

I've always said there should be a bar right next to the laundry. I'd be more than happy to do the washing if there was. Why should we feel like we're still doing the chores when we're on holiday:p

Hi S&D, Great thread this really interesting, reading it makes me feel like I am on the ship with you guys :)

All this talk of Laundry Rage... I think we will pay for our laundry to be done. Anyone know how much it costs on Sun Princess for a bag of laundry? How many items and or how big the bags are?

We better start saving for it now.

cheers

Jane @ Koolkrewser, you will be off early on the 26th June. We are not attempting to get on board before 2pm, even with our priority embarkation paper. Although one would think with no immigration for our cruise it would be quicker to board, we live in hope.

Yes the countdown clock is ticking at superspeed. Hope you enjoy SP. Are you going to do any live reports?

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hello Whoey,

We went on the May 6th cruise to Asia and I attempted to use the laundry on Baja deck, the first couple of tries it was heavily occupied.The next couple of days out of order ,so I spoilt myself and had a dozen items washed and pressed. They cost between $3 and $4 .50 per item and they took about 24 hours but they were well done and returned on hangers.

I did a few undies socks etc and hung on line in shower recess.(I had a few pegs from home too ,this was a help to hold bathers etc to chairs on balcony).Before I left I read about bags of wash for a set price but this was never offered.

I hope you have a wonderful time we did. I now surf the net looking for a great deal for our next cruise, Regards Cheerful.

Sory about the delay...internet painfully slow last night...anyway...

Penang...wonderful day out there, shipped anchored and we were off in about half an hour, the tender ride was only about 5 mins, nice buses waiting for the tours and to take pax to the malls etc.

Lovely buses and staff.... very organised. Very hot there, and humid, the shops went wild with princess pax shopping for everything in the Prangin Mall. What a place, we were there all day, same as last time, bought shoes, clothes, great place for all things electrical too. Super cheap prices and a real buzzing place.

We went with a group of friends, and had a great day.

Great harbour there, nice views too...a good holiday spot.

We returned home to the ship and had a lovely dinner, fettucine, soup, chicken and steak, and did a little dancing in the nightclub. A perfect day.

Today we awoke to KL....which was easy as we were docked at the terminal...nice place and lots of taxis to take everyone around. We caught 2

cabs to Sunway Lagoon Resort...fab...fab...what a great day out.

Huge resort hotel, plus world's 2nd largest water theme park, full theme park and a zoo, plus the sunway pyramind shopping centre next door, a full day of fun for everyone...we all had a good time...lovely stores there, good prices,

and spotlessly clean everywhere.

Dave says...BEST TOILETS HE HAS EVER SEEN in Asia...designer says it all....fantastic!!!

WE got taxis for about 65 ringits each way for 4 passengers in each cab, so very cheap! Humid and hot day, still so calm at sea.

Off to have pizza for tea, and dancing after that in the Wheelhouse. We are hooked on the non alcoholic fruit blend cocktails, soooo yummy!!!!! Won trivia again today..we now have matching princess hats!!!:)

Have updated our captains circle benefits also, which is great, after our Feb cruise on the Diamond, we will only have to do one more cruise for the "little black card"....:D ...love that Elite laundry service.

Speaking of which.....we noticed a lady using DRY CLEANING cloths from Woolworths...in a dryer...you pop shirts etc(lightly soiled clothing)...into the dryer for 20 mins...with a cloth...they come out all fresh and nice, I was so impressed...so next time I shall be taking those and doing the undies each night in the cabin by handwash...That should save time for sure!!!

OK...until tomorrow....

S&D

Speaking of which.....we noticed a lady using DRY CLEANING cloths from Woolworths...in a dryer...you pop shirts etc(lightly soiled clothing)...into the dryer for 20 mins...with a cloth...they come out all fresh and nice, I was so impressed...so next time I shall be taking those and doing the undies each night in the cabin by handwash...That should save time for sure!!!

OK...until tomorrow....

S&D

Well, that is interesting. Will have to keep an eye out for them. Do they come in a box, packet or what (sorry, just makes ot easier when you're looking for something you've never seen before).

Well, that is interesting. Will have to keep an eye out for them. Do they come in a box, packet or what (sorry, just makes ot easier when you're looking for something you've never seen before).

I guess that would be a good product as long as my undies dont come out smelling of that awful drycleaning smell.

I know on one of the other boards there has been mentions of soap powder impregnated cloths that you can buy.

Good as they dont leak and weigh next to nothing so good if travelling overseas. I havent checked out our supermarket for them though.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post:D What time were you able to disembark in Singapore? We were hoping to make our way to zoo for 0830 "Breakfast". Will not stress if that doesn't pan out. Any last minute advice or tips for our packing to go? We will be in Freo on the morning of the 11th hopefully to see you sail in before we board later in day.

Cheers

Jane:p

You guys sound like you are having such a good time :) I've been checking every day and reading your posts - very informative !!

Does anyone know if there is a kettle in the rooms?

Also for S & D and anyone else that knows - I was told you can buy ciggies on board at the bars quite cheap - How much and do they have Benson & Hedges Ultimates or Winny 1mgs?

S & D again - sorry!! IS the duty free alcohol cheaper in Langkawi than on board the ship's duty free?

THANKS!!!! :D

Hi all...

Yes, lots of pax did the Singapore zoo, they got off the ship first, and it was a fantastic day according to Ros and Peter who did the Zoo breakfast.

Ciggies are about $4.50 a pack on the ship says Robyn, but cheapest of all in Langkawai, as was all the alcohol, but do bear in mind..they will store it for you until you disembark...then take it home!

Thanks for all the good wishes from everyone, big hello to Bob and Kath in perth, will phone you when we get home, hi to Wendy and Jackie, Deucefarmers, Addy also if you are reading this. Hi to Marilee from the USA as well.

OK...Singapore was GREAT....docked right at the terminal, very organised, taxis available to anywhere on the island. Train right there also for easy getting around. We went to the old favourite..Lucky plaza, and got a few things, it was a lovely sunny day, not too hot, and we just wandered around and had a generally nice time, Such a lovely green and clean place...and so safe there too.

We would do this trip again, we never tire of this area, and will be looking into

it again for 2010...or at least somewhere hot once again.

A nice sea day today, lots going on around the ship....trivia, dance lessons, demonstrations of different sorts, bingo is at a high..about $4000 jackpot so we are told.

Ice cream cards..did I mention this...10 for $17...which has been great, we also used it for milkshakes. Cappucino card has also been great.

Will check in again tomorrow.....

S&D

Hi Sandra and Dave. Yes, we have been reading your reports as they come and you certainly sound like you are having a great time. Gee, wish we were there with you guys. Me too, love Asia. Nice and warm, calm seas, great shopping and the people are so friendly. Make sure you enjoy the rest of the trip as it goes so fast. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back. What day and time do you get back into Perth? All the best Bob and Kath

Dave and Sandra,

Greatings from sunny Moscow!!

I have been keeping track of your travels whilst I have been on the road. I look forward to your daily reports on the trip. I am glad you are having a great time. Good to see you can get past the few little things that go wrong and continue to make the maximum of your time on board.

Whinging, or raging, doesnt contribute anything to the experience, only detracts.

How is the weight going?? Have you managed to balance the food intake with energenic shopping fight of the expansion??

Enjoy the rest of your time on board.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,...wow... boy...you get around!!..we have given the cigar holder to your sister for safe return to you!..Will email you soon XXXX

Bob, good to hear from you..we are running late it seems, not sure what time we get to Perth now, as rough seas forecast ahead, we may have to slow down the Capt. says...so we may be late. Love to you and kath. XXX

Hi all...

another sea day today, we have braved the laundry and have happened upon an EMPTY machine...:eek: ...so will have the laundry done in an hour or so. Good going...

Had a lovely dinner last night. Also had the steakhouse the other night. nice for a change, but the steak is just as nice in the dining room, but the side dishes are very nice in the steakhouse, so it's a nice thing to do maybe for one night on the cruise.

Lots of people out on the deck today, warm weather but very choppy, we are thinking some people may be sea sick the next couple of days.

We saw Krakatoa at 11.40pm last night, sailed right on by as she spewed lava up into the air, and it flowed down the sides, very exciting, and we hope the next trip has the same experience for the next lot of pax.

Sunday lunch today..nice roast etc, very tasty, and cherry pie to die for..did I mention we need a forklift to lower Dave and I from the ship as we disembark...:D ...

I think we may see a new rage soon....BINGO rage...as there are HUGE lines waiting to buy tickets each day - now that the jackpot is over $5000... it will be a big event when that baby goes off!!

We have hardly any photos of the trip, just a couple of formal ones which were nice, but a lot of great memories once again...a great trip...good company...lovely crew...good food...calm seas and lots of sunshine...good shopping..even if I missed out on Ho chi Minh...but never fear..there will be another Asia cruise for we two in the near future....

until tomorrow....

S&D

I think we may see a new rage soon....BINGO rage...as there are HUGE lines waiting to buy tickets each day - now that the jackpot is over $5000... it will be a big event when that baby goes off!!

Hi Sandra & Dave,

Perhaps a bigger rage when they work out that they have returned over $100,000 less in prizes than the value of tickets sold. We expected a big jump in the jackpot value for the final day, but it didn't happen.

The lines on the last day of ours lasted for 90 mins, with passengers queued through the photos, past Rendez Vous and into the Atrium. The start was held up for 1\2 hr.

Leads to another tip to avoid the rage - Don't try to buy photos while the bingo queue is claiming right of way.

Hope your washing is still in the machine when you return! :eek:

Glad you are still reminding us what a great time you are having. :)

Hi Sandra

Just about to head to airport for our flight to Perth. Just knew you would have some excuse to dawdle back:p :p It has been such a pleasure to read your thread, that I will try & reciprocate with one of my own.

Can't wait to see SP on Wednesday, who cares what the weather does:cool:

Cheers

Jane

Thanks so much for all your updates, Sandra. Have made a note to watch out for Krakatoa - sound like a great sight.

It hasn't really sunk in that we will swap places with you in just 3 days :D

Hope you won't procrastinate too much in getting SP back for us :p Will try and check with Princess and also Fremantle port authority as we get closer.

Enjoy the rest of your time :):)

Hi Sandra

Just about to head to airport for our flight to Perth. Just knew you would have some excuse to dawdle back:p :p It has been such a pleasure to read your thread, that I will try & reciprocate with one of my own.

Can't wait to see SP on Wednesday, who cares what the weather does:cool:

Cheers

Jane

Have a good flight, Jane. Hope you get to Perth before the wind picks up there tonite :eek:

the next three days waiting for our cruise is agonizing after lostening to your trips.very helpful can't wait to get on and start enjoying our cruise.hope to meet plenty of people on the ship and have good time.hope weather not to bad for your arrival,rough weather tonight and in the morning but sunny tuesday and chance of a few showers wednesday.so should be alright.thanks

Hi all....

Had a good day today, lots of packing and getting ready to disembark....we are running late...about 2 hours...so we will see how we go for getting our flight home in time!!! Last dinner tonight,..we had bombe alaska, which was lovely...we will eat in the pizza place tomorrow night.

All in all a great cruise, and lovely well maintained ship. Very nice staff, and good ports except Malacca which was missed of course.

A lot of people have complained about a LOT of things...too few laundry facilities...yes that's true!

People complain about the food, we have found it very good throughout the ship.

Would recommend the ice cream card and the cappucino and soft drink cards too...saves a lot of $$ in the long run.

We have had a ball once again, and we would sail on the Sun again, but I would only do it in a balcony ...especially after being so ill....I really miss that fresh air. ..:)

We wish all the pax on the next cruise a wonderful time, and enjoy!.....and remember.....don't worry about the small stuff!!!!!

Rocky - rocky on here tonight, we are really moving about, wind has picked up and seas are a bit rougher....

Tomorrow could be a rough day???

Until tomorrow..

S&D

Sandra and Dave, have a safe journey home, hope the seas are not too big, coming into Fremantle, and hope their is NO disembarkation RAGE, you have copped every other type of rage.! (and handled it well, might I add!)

Thanks very much for all your daily posts on your cruise. Helps us other cruisers going on SP soon.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Archived