Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

For UK Travelers:

HOW THREE HOUR DELAYS CAN GET YOU £480 IN COMPENSATION

If your flight is delayed by more than three hours, cancelled or overbooked, you may be able to claim.

Compensation is £199 for inter-EU flights of 930 miles or less, £320 for flights between 930 and 1,860 miles and £480 for other journeys.

It applies to any flight leaving an EU airport and any flight into the EU on an EU-based airline.

Passengers can claim by telling the airline their flight number, names and reason for the delay. If rejected, the case can go to county court.

Flight-delayed.co.uk will pursue a claim for a fee of £14 or £20.50, and the Civil Aviation Authority’s website lets people download a standard letter that they can fill out and send to the airline.

Source: flight-delayed.co.uk

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270725/Now-sue-flight-delays-Landmark-ruling-mean-payouts-hold-ups-3-hours.html#ixzz2JVxfLt4m

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

Jane, when we were in St.Lucia during the Quest Holiday Cruise, the Queen Mary was anchored outside the harbor. St.Lucia Authorities would NOT allow ANY of the passengers to dis-embark due to the Norovirus and all the sick passengers on the ship!

Jane, when we were in St.Lucia during the Quest Holiday Cruise, the Queen Mary was anchored outside the harbor. St.Lucia Authorities would NOT allow ANY of the passengers to dis-embark due to the Norovirus and all the sick passengers on the ship!

WOW! I have been thinking about a crossing on her sometime. I was on the QM2 about 3 years ago, maybe 4. From FLL to the islands and then back north to NYC, We were a bit delayed as a result of a winter nor'easter.

Funny thing, on stopping in FLL for passenger changes I spent the day in the Spa. I was all gooped up with a facial, including cucumbers. The dreaded alarm went off, and it took me a few minutes of worry until I realized I could just use the gangway to disembark if necessary. Sigh, seemed funnier at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Me again. This might be of interest to out intrepid travelers. It's produced by the Penn Travel Office;

History and Culture of Italy (March 11, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. ET) with Professor Michael Gamer. Register for this FREE webinar here.

· History and Culture of Holland & Belgium (March 13, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. ET) with Professor Simon Richter. Register for this FREE webinar here.

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UPN/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=143686

Edited by JaneBP
addenda

• 4 weeks later...

It was pointed out that the old "Seabourn Friends", Facebook site was no longer able to be used properly, due to the passing of the Administrator, Marja Koenen-Nat. We also knew how much Marja enjoyed her FB, so it was decided to start a new one, where people could continue to post their thoughts, ideas, photos etc on anything connected with Seabourn. Please help this page stay alive with any contributions you feel could be interesting or helpful to others! Check out 'Seabourn Sailors'. Thanks to Tim for pointing this out this flaw. We hope Marja is enjoying heaven as much as she enjoyed Seabourn!

Edited by JaneBP
Typo

Matt

Ohhh no~~which Denise? I know several Seabournite "Denises."

Hope you're doin' well.......I'll never forget when you kindly helped me in Ft Laud take Capt. GA his "cowboy/sheriff" outfit, (even his black initialed branding iron) Eric De Gray, his Carmen Miranda spiffy hat and sweet Pres. Deborah N., her dozen red roses ~her mother, father and sister were aboard with her, all having lunch with Debbie. I hosted a dining room luncheon ~ We certainly enjoyed Capt. Geir-Arne, Eric, his cousin and several other Sailors. The dining room was packed ~everybody so happy to see one another ~once again a fun Seabourn family reunion! :D We made memories that special day.

Hugs from West Texas,

Martita B.

• 2 weeks later...