Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Captain Dexter has a terrific website and blog.

http://www.captainmarkdexter.com/wordpress/2012/11/13/the-suez-canal/

Thanks Jane! Love the blog and have always loved Captain Dexter. This is so good for us since I know a few people sailing on this cruise AND we will be doing similar route on Pride in March!!

There is a lovely formal portrait of Marja with many condolence notes on her FB page. It is indeed a sad time for so many in the Seabourn family, both crew and cruisers alike.

So many caring thoughts are sent to Rene and Renate and Ramon and all her family.

We met Marja and Rene on the last leg of Quest's Maiden World Cruise last April going through pirate alley and the Red Sea from Dubai to Venice. Lovely, warm, cheerful and lots of fun - and clearly a great favourite with the crew. We sat next to them having breakfast on the day they were celebrating their wedding anniversary - a few days after we had celebrated ours. Our thoughts go to Rene - and their children.

Yes, we are all deeply saddened to learn this news about our Seaboun Nail who brought so much life, warmth and spirit to the party.

So let's all remember her for her indomitable spirit and take comfort that she will remain in our hearts. We were very lucky to sail with Marja!

She will be missed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new norovirus strain, first detected in Australia last March, is spreading across the U.S., causing 141 of the 266 norovirus outbreaks reported from September through December, CDC officials said. They also reported a rise in outbreaks of sickness caused by the consumption of raw milk. The findings appear in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. USA Today (1/24), WebMD (1/24)

What a great site that followers of seabourn can use and follow.

I am wondering if any past cruisers could donate a referral voucher for myself and my husband. We are doing the Path of the Vikings in September and have been avidly reading all the entries written by Seabourn Travellers. If so I will watch this site . Also Host Dan there is no roll call for this cruise. Is that because it is too early?

What a great site that followers of seabourn can use and follow.

I am wondering if any past cruisers could donate a referral voucher for myself and my husband. We are doing the Path of the Vikings in September and have been avidly reading all the entries written by Seabourn Travellers. If so I will watch this site . Also Host Dan there is no roll call for this cruise. Is that because it is too early?

Go ahead and ask for a referral coupon at the sticky up top, and if you don't see a roll call thread for your cruise, by all means- start one! :)

Host Dan

Host Dan, I am not sure if this should be posted on this thread or on the referral sticky at the top. Please move it if it should not be posted here. How do past passengers get the referral coupon? We have friends who are considering booking Seabourn and, as past passengers, we should be able to sponsor them. However, we have never received any coupons. How do we get them? Thanks for any answers.

Not Host Dan, but I have just dealt with this. We did not have / could not find any coupons to make a referral, but I contacted Seabourn and they speedily sent a couple of coupons to me. I went through the website, but they advised me that, in future, such requests should go directly to the Club Desk, email: seabournclub@seabourn.com. who deal with this.

Hope that helps.