Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

I had a messager from Norman ~he & Patricia are moving to Spain in a few weeks ~(1 hour outside of Malaga) ~perhaps we can visit them on one of our Crossings ~ I still enjoy looking at his marvelous photos and reflecting on all the fun times we enjoyed.

Jane, I was seated at the Captains table when the Maitre'D's flaming desert hit the ceiling fire censor. Eric DeGray was seated at the front of the dining room ~he ran, jumped on a chair, and stuck his finger on the censor to stop the water spray ~ but by this time,we were all totally drenched! Looked like a bunch of drowned rats......all dressed up!:confused:

MB

Would love to try your recipe, but please translate for me - what is 'powered sugar' - if it is white sugar we have granulated, caster (more finely ground) and icing sugar. And do you use vanilla extract or seeds?

Would love to try your recipe, but please translate for me - what is 'powered sugar' - if it is white sugar we have granulated, caster (more finely ground) and icing sugar. And do you use vanilla extract or seeds?

Think Miss M missed out the 'd' as in - powdered sugar i.e. icing sugar to you and me! Vanilla extract or essence would be used. Good luck let us know how you get on.

Talking about yummy things, anyone else tried the choccy philly yet? Yummy! :D But Nigerian shrimps still my number one (just in case you were wondering Seabourntraveller;)!)

ATHEIST IN THE WOODS

An atheist was walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees!

'What powerful rivers!

'What beautiful animals!

He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in

the bushes behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge

towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his

shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on

top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising

his right paw to strike him...

At that instant the Atheist cried out,

'Oh my God!'

Time Stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the

sky.

'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I

don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.'

'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament?

Am I to count you as a believer?

The atheist looked directly into the light, 'It would be

hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian

now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian'?

'Very well,' said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the

bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his

head and spoke:

'For what I am about to receive, may the Lord make me

truly thankful, Amen.'

Saw this today and thought it so good

Sleep when The Wind Blows

A young man applied for a job as a farmhand. When the farmer asked for his qualifications, he said, "I can sleep when the wind blows." This puzzled the farmer. But he liked the young man, and hired him. A few days later, the farmer and his wife were awakened in the night by a violent storm. They quickly began to check things out to see if all was secure. They found that the shutters of the farmhouse had been securely fastened. A good supply of logs had been set next to the fireplace.

The young man slept soundly.

The farmer and his wife then inspected their property. They found that the farm tools had been placed in the storage shed, safe from the elements. The tractor had been moved into the garage. The barn was properly locked. Even the animals were calm. All was well. The farmer then understood the meaning of the young man's words, "I can sleep when the wind blows."

Because the farmhand did his work loyally and faithfully when the skies were clear, he was prepared for the storm when it broke. So when the wind blew, he was not afraid. He could sleep in peace

Here is something l was told many years ago and use as often l can.. only because its fun!

"Diplomacy, is the ability to tell a person to got to hell, in such a way that they enjoy the trip"

Here is something l was told many years ago and use as often l can.. only because its fun!

"Diplomacy, is the ability to tell a person to got to hell, in such a way that they enjoy the trip"

Only prolem with that Jaffa is that sometimes the recipient has their head so deeply into the sand, they just don't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Erex have tried to post this twice before so will have a go in this thread

Hi Did you have a great cruise, am interested as will be 1st timer in

Sept.Like to hear from other 1st times is it really as good or bad as

some posts. Just keep the sm****ng in it's own thread.

The first time I ever had lobster was back in the early 1960s. It was my first trip abroad (from the UK) - a drive through France, with my father in the Diamler Conquest. We drove to St Jean de Monts, on the Atlantic coast. Two elderly ladies (well, I was 14, they were widows, dressed in black) spent the whole day making mayonaise, hand whisking in large rustic ceramic bowls. I had no idea what was going on. The next day the men (and I was included) went out in the early morning to meet the fishing boats coming back in. There was some conversation with the fisherman, and much pointing at various baskets ( I still had no idea what was going on). That afternoon, around mid-day we all met up at a hotel/restaurant with large picture windows overlooking the sea. There were a dozen or so of us, as I recall. First the bowls of mayonaise were placed on the table, there was some chilled Chablis (I was allowed to have a glass), and strange looking implements among the place settings. There were lemons and baguettes. Then the lobsters were brought out. It didn't take me long to obseve what the implements were for. There might have been some salad, but I don't think anybody cared. I have never, ever, had lobster as good as on that day.

Maybe Eric is on board.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123039/High-seas-drama-Cruise-ship-Britons-left-adrift-blaze-knocks-Azamara-Quests-power.html

I was reading their Forum and discovered this poster who clarified things from the corporate office. Too bad that Seabourn doesn't have anyone like him.

(Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Edited by JaneBP
addenda